November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Jilbere de Paris Tourmaline Travel Dryer

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I didn't get this because of its dual voltage or travel benefits, but because it is very light. I was using my sister's dryer which is heavy and takes forever to dry my hair. I never use it because my arms just get so tired. This is very light and I used it and a paddle brush to mostly dry my thick, wavy, very damaged, dry hair in about 10 minutes. I try not to completely dry my hair. Then I did the makeup and spent a few minutes on selective flat ironing and its remained straight for several days. Anyway, so this dryer is light and doesn't make my hair frizzy and drys the hair relatively quickly. The only problem I have with it is that I sometimes accidentally turn it off in the middle of drying. On the positive side, it cheap at 14.99 with your Sally's card, light and compact, works, and comes with one of those straightening air focus thingies on the end.

Sally's Description:

Wattage: 800
Jilbere de Paris Mini Tourmaline Ceramic Compact Dryer has all the amenities of a full-size dryer in a compact and convenient design.

Jilbere de Paris™ Tourmaline Mini Travel Dryer uses Tourmaline and Ceramic Technologies and features natural ionic properties. This mini, compact, powerful, dual voltage hair dryer is ideal for traveling. Tourmaline in this Travel Dryer is a natural source of negative ions and infrared heat. The Jilbere de Paris™ Tourmaline Mini Travel Dryer uses negative ions to eliminate frizz and close the cuticle to create smooth shiny hair. This Travel Dryer includes storage pouch and the folding handle allows this dryer to take up minimal space in your travel bag.

ETA: It's not really durable and conked out within a month and I'm not a daily user. I used it maybe 6 times before it died. I still liked it while it worked so am lowering the rating to 2 stars.