September 2, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This Shea butter is wonderful for my dry, sensitive skin. On my skin it smells divine.
It seems that people either love or hate the smell, possibly because their natural skin chemistry works with tbs fragrance or, unfortunately not. Btw, those who think that L'occitane Shea butter smell is a "natural shea smell" are mistaken. I always buy unprocessed shea butter imported from women's cooperatives and it has very thick texture, darker yellow color and very distinctive smell - nothing like either tbs, nor L'occitane. Also, the natural shea butter is much more difficult to spread.
In any case, tbs shea butter is soft, easily absorbed and leaves skin very well moisturized, yet without oily film. For my skin, it is for cold, windy days but also during warmer months.
The only negative is the container, though sealed, was barely 1/2 full. Not sure if that was just one-off, or tbs skimming the product in effort to save $$.
Outside of this issue, I would buy this shea butter again because of the way it feels and smells on my hands, and because it absorbs so quickly, there is no waiting required. Love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a rich body butter with no scent that I noticed. Good for dry skin but my skin isn't particularly dry. Good if you want to use another scent or perfume as it does not have a strong scent unlike most other body shop products. I prefer something with a scent though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Sanne656

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got a sample of this stuff when I bought a few other TBS products. I tried it on when I got home and I absolutely loved it!! The smell is amazing to me!
After I ran out of the sample I bought the full-sized one, and I think it's one of my all time favorites. I keeps your skin well moisturised during the day and I could just feel I put it on, my skin was super soft all day long.
I am absolutely in love with this product and I'd recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Oh my god. You guys. This body butter. You guys. OH MY GOD. This stuff is WONDERFUL! I found a mini jar of this in a half off gift basket at Ulta, and quickly snatched it up. It smells so dang good...I literally slathered it on moments ago and as I'm typing I find my nose keeps wandering over to my shoulder for one big sniff. Like all Body Shop body butters, this is super moisturizing without being greasy, and I think is my favorite scent out of all the ones I've tried so far. Definitely repurchasing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

This was purchased at a great price as a result of a store closing down in my neighborhood. I got the large size of the body butter not really being concerned with the scent.
This is not normally a scent I would have picked...to me its almost manly...but the smell dissipates quickly. This butter is lovely and thick. It's not greasy and absorbs into the skin well. As I am getting to the end of my jar I am liking it more and more. I wont repurchase right away. I have other lotions to finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this body butter. It smooths dry skin and the scent is heavenly. I didn't know if I would have liked shea, but it is a nice, clean scent. The Body Shop makes the best body butter. Seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thick and moisturizing, just like all of TBS body butters but not a fan of the smell. My brother in law loves the Shea scent though. It has a nutty unisex scent, I prefer more girlish scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It always amuses me when people say that this doesn't smell like a shea butter product from another company. The thing is, pure unrefined 100% shea butter absolutely stinks like rancid old nuts. So if a company like the Body Shop is going to make a shea product, they're going to want to add some other fragrance - trust me, you don't want want it to smell of pure shea. They've done this well with this body butter.
The fragrance is hard to pinpoint - soft, sweet buttery floral. The texture is the thicker type, which is good for my dry elbows. Might be a bit too heavy for summer, but perfect for applying to dry spots in winter, or just before bed. I'd definitely buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a nice creamy and thick consistency and does a great job of keeping my skin supple and soft. I like to use it after I get out the shower and my skin is still a bit damp so that I can seal in the moisture. I do like the scent a lot and can't wait to try the body mist soon. This and the Moringa and strawberry body butters are my favorite scents from TBS so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by xlipstickloverx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Im really liking this, with it being winter and frigid outside! My skin gets all dry and cracks if im not careful. I got a sample of this from Body shop last month when i brought a couple of other things from there and use it after i shower. It goes in well, smells ok and moisturises decently. I dont think id be able to use it in summer though, might be too heavy! But will def buy some once this sample runs out.