December 20, 2014 | 1537 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by LadyXenovia

Ahhh yes, the infamous Body Shop Body Butters. I went into the store in January and saw that they were having a clearance on all the Christmas packs one of the packs came with a medium Shea Body Butter and Shea Lip Butter for 10$. Oh mah gawd, I could not stop putting this on! I would apply it to my legs after shaving and on my elbows and hands too. It's got a slightly chunkier texture to the other butters which is a little strange but I like it neverless. The next day my skin felt so smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells so good!
I had this scent in a lip butter years ago and I hated the lip butter but I remember how amazing it smelled so when I wanted a new body butter I ordered the Shea scent. It smells so amazing I can't stop sniffing it.
The consistency is very thick but it's really not greasy and it sinks in really fast/easily.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is wonderful stuff - deeply hydrating, but not greasy or tacky. For a cream this thick, I am always amazed at how quickly and cleanly it absorbs. Smells good too. This cream is very soothing for my dry skin, especially in winter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This Shea butter is wonderful for my dry, sensitive skin. On my skin it smells divine.
It seems that people either love or hate the smell, possibly because their natural skin chemistry works with tbs fragrance or, unfortunately not. Btw, those who think that L'occitane Shea butter smell is a "natural shea smell" are mistaken. I always buy unprocessed shea butter imported from women's cooperatives and it has very thick texture, darker yellow color and very distinctive smell - nothing like either tbs, nor L'occitane. Also, the natural shea butter is much more difficult to spread.
In any case, tbs shea butter is soft, easily absorbed and leaves skin very well moisturized, yet without oily film. For my skin, it is for cold, windy days but also during warmer months.
The only negative is the container, though sealed, was barely 1/2 full. Not sure if that was just one-off, or tbs skimming the product in effort to save $$.
Outside of this issue, I would buy this shea butter again because of the way it feels and smells on my hands, and because it absorbs so quickly, there is no waiting required. Love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a rich body butter with no scent that I noticed. Good for dry skin but my skin isn't particularly dry. Good if you want to use another scent or perfume as it does not have a strong scent unlike most other body shop products. I prefer something with a scent though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Sanne656

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got a sample of this stuff when I bought a few other TBS products. I tried it on when I got home and I absolutely loved it!! The smell is amazing to me!
After I ran out of the sample I bought the full-sized one, and I think it's one of my all time favorites. I keeps your skin well moisturised during the day and I could just feel I put it on, my skin was super soft all day long.
I am absolutely in love with this product and I'd recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Oh my god. You guys. This body butter. You guys. OH MY GOD. This stuff is WONDERFUL! I found a mini jar of this in a half off gift basket at Ulta, and quickly snatched it up. It smells so dang good...I literally slathered it on moments ago and as I'm typing I find my nose keeps wandering over to my shoulder for one big sniff. Like all Body Shop body butters, this is super moisturizing without being greasy, and I think is my favorite scent out of all the ones I've tried so far. Definitely repurchasing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

This was purchased at a great price as a result of a store closing down in my neighborhood. I got the large size of the body butter not really being concerned with the scent.
This is not normally a scent I would have picked...to me its almost manly...but the smell dissipates quickly. This butter is lovely and thick. It's not greasy and absorbs into the skin well. As I am getting to the end of my jar I am liking it more and more. I wont repurchase right away. I have other lotions to finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thick and moisturizing, just like all of TBS body butters but not a fan of the smell. My brother in law loves the Shea scent though. It has a nutty unisex scent, I prefer more girlish scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It always amuses me when people say that this doesn't smell like a shea butter product from another company. The thing is, pure unrefined 100% shea butter absolutely stinks like rancid old nuts. So if a company like the Body Shop is going to make a shea product, they're going to want to add some other fragrance - trust me, you don't want want it to smell of pure shea. They've done this well with this body butter.
The fragrance is hard to pinpoint - soft, sweet buttery floral. The texture is the thicker type, which is good for my dry elbows. Might be a bit too heavy for summer, but perfect for applying to dry spots in winter, or just before bed. I'd definitely buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No