The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

on 7/25/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i have used this one in the past and just discovered this wonderful butter again. i love to use it for my dry feet. it softens and hydrates very well. it can be a bit greasy but nothing too much. i like the scent, it's so soft, nutty and with a floral undertone. i really love this butter!

on 7/18/2015 4:32:00 PM

This is my new favourite body lotion. It smells amazing, it's very moisturizing and it isn't overly greasy. I got the jumbo size for 50% off so it wasn't too expensive, but it's not cheap either (Usually $32 in CAD).

I saw some reviews saying that people think they changed the formula and it isn't as moisturizing anymore, and I can't comment on that because I never tried the previous formula, but I haven't noticed that to be an issue. I'm obsessed with the scent, seriously. It's subtle and light but very pleasant, so you could easily layer another fragrance with it and it wouldn't be overwhelming, but it also smells great on it's own.

This is going to be a regularly stocked item in my beauty routine from now on.

on 5/21/2015 2:16:00 AM

As with all the other TBS body butters I've tried, this one is really moisturising and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and wonderfully hydrated. However, the reason for 4 lippies is because of the scent - it's way too strong! It's hard to put my finger on what the scent is, but my best guess is a cross between coconut and something floral. It lingers all day too which isn't ideal for me as I also wear perfume and this can have a tendency to interfere with that, resulting in quite a sour scent at times. Therefore, if you wanted to give this a try I would suggest skipping the perfume on the days you use this as it could end up being a bit overkill in the scent department!

This is incredibly moisturizing. Although it can get a bit sticky, after a while it does sink in and and my (very) dry skin stays moisturized even into the next day. It has a clean floral scent that is pleasant, but kinda strong. Overall, really nice.

on 2/8/2015 5:51:00 AM

My true love for Canada's north !
I live in a cold dry area in northern Canada and wintertime is brutal for my poor dry itchy skin :( I started using the Shea body butter along with the Shea lotion body wash and it is my saving grace ! Instant relief from itchy dry skin and trust me I've tried it all ! Pretty much every lotion/cream on the market that claims to target these issues . Nothing worked until this little crock of heaven ! Soaks in and doesn't leave you feeling sticky . Just hydrated and comfortable. On top of those obvious benefits I get to smell yummylicious! Holy Grail item !

on 1/24/2015 7:34:00 PM

I've been using the Shea Body Butter for a few weeks now. I read a lot of positive reviews before I purchased a 300ml tub. I'm not sure what everyone has been raving on about but I'm not impressed. Yes it smells nice, yes it's thick which is why I purchased this as a "little" goes a long way. This is true, however, this did not sink into my skin nor did it leave my skin soft. I have very dry skin hence the purchase. This did nothing for me. My skin is still rough despite using it everyday. I would not purchase this again. It smells great and that's about it. I will stick to the Mango Butter which leaves my skin super soft. You will end up using more due to the consistency compared to the Shea but it's worth it as it really delivers. If you have very dry skin, stick to Mango.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this body butter on and off for the last 10 years, in cold climates and hot and humid climates, and this works great in any climate! Not too oily and absorbs into the skin like a dream. I love this scent the best IMO out of all the body butters...

on 1/1/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I received the Shea Body Butter along with the Cocoa body butter as Christmas gifts and let me just say these products are amazing! I've never tried anything from the "The Body Shop" before now because I don't know of any locally. They are extremely moisturizing so they are perfect for the winter months.They are so thick and creamy and they smell so good! I love these body butters so much so I placed an order on the body shop website for more! These are my new favorite body moisturizers! They are definitely worth a try...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this last Christmas and it smells fantastic, leaving a smooth and exotic feel to my body.
Also, it creates a lot of bubbles in the bath - Which I love !!!!

on 12/29/2014 5:54:00 AM

Smell good but after use it leaves on my skin sticky feeling and not moisturized. Won't buy again

Top Rated The Body Shop Products