April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Powder - Napoleon Perdis - NP Set Pasarella Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by TheManyPromises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitley will be buying again! My skin tone is medium tan and has a yellow undertone. I find it really difficult finding a powder that has the correct undertones for my skin. This product blends into my skin perfectly. I wear it as a setting powder over my MAC foundation. I use a powder puff and press it all over and use a fan brush to dust the excess powder off my skin. (This was reccomended by a YouTube makeup artist Gossmakeupartist)

I find myself reapplying this only at the T-Zone in the middle of the day because I naturally have an oily T-Zone because I live in a very humid climate. I have the shade number 2 which suits me perfectly! The coverage is perfect - you can build up to a full coverage without looking cakey or having lines show. My only complaint is that there isnt much product in the compact. I bought it for 30$ AUD about a month ago and Im already hitting pan. Also, the packaging is cheap plastic which gets flimsy and is bulky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by trcunning

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the feel of this powder and it keep my shiny, red nose from looking like Rudolph's. It's a bit pricy for a Target brand but not unreasonable.

One complaint I do have is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to depot. I dropped it and while the powder was fine, the hinge of the compact shattered. I thought I'd pop it out and set it in an ELF compact no problem. Wrong, big problem. The pan was stuck so strongly that I ended up breaking the powder and the pan was still stuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Stevierose44

I really really really like this powder. My skin tone is fair and most products for fair skin have pink undertones making me look washed out and red. This product has yellow undertones and blends into my skin perfectly. I have a bit of an acne problem so I use extra light which is probably about a shade lighter than my actual skin tone so it doesn't make my red spots look darker. The coverage is perfect- you can use as much as you need without feeling like your face is caked in makeup and making you look like a clown. Only complaint is that there isn't very much product for $30. Like I said-my skin kind of sucks so I usually have to buy a new one every 3-4 weeks...which gets expensive. However, it's the only powder I have been 100% satisfied with as far as the quality of the product goes so I suck it up. I also use it as extra concealer sometimes-as well as using a big powder brush I use a small concealer brush for under-eye circles and it blends beautifully.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

This is a good powder for those who want light coverage and to look like they aren't wearing any makeup. This powder doesn't look powdery, feels nice on the skin, has pretty good lasting powder and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's perfect for when my skin looks generally good and just needs to be evened out a little. I really like that this powder is yellow-toned, as there are still not many powders that are truly yellow. This would by many probably be considered a setting powder - it doesn't really have much coverage (especially when some people use MAC's studio fix to set), but it holds my foundation nicely in place (on my dry skin) and doesn't tend to look caky. I have the colour 1 light fair, and it's too light for me now - it's an NC15. The light one/number 2 suits me when I'm an NC25, and there's nothing in between for when I'm NC20 :/ Still, this is a very good powder and one of the very few I have actually used up and rebought.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by TaylorHarpenau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this powder. I have it in set 1, 2, 3, and 4 because I love it so much and because my skin tone varies that much from natural to tanned to spray tanned. I've tried other powders but none live up to this one. I use a light dusting to set my foundation or on lazier days I use the included sponge to sweep it on. Never had any problems with the powder or packaging breaking but I also leave it at home in my makeup bag. HG powder forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

My favorite pressed powder! Even after using it to retouch my make up during work as I get a bit shiny it still lasts me ages. A little bit is all you need as it can build up very quickly and leave you looking like your make up is caked on and also very matte. The only downside is that my compact lid has broke off so I can't close it properly but then again I have had it for ages and I carry it around with me a lot. Will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by deebee27

I love this powder!! I find it's perfect on my combination skin as long as I moisturise and prime first - if not it can dry out my skin. The colour is a perfect match (I have medium/tanned skin) I use Set 5. It is lightish coverage, looks very natural and is just enough to even out my skin tone/cover up any redness. Price is great too - I've noticed it's actually come down in price since I first bought it (from $45 to $38), and I usually stock up when Target has 30% off so overall really worth it. I didn't think this was deduct-a-star worthy but the packaging as some other reviewers have mentioned, is sooo ugly and clunky I hope they upgrade it one day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by IGotThemBunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only powder that sets my concealer without making my under eyes look cakey and dry. I love this powder as a setting powder, but i would not wear this powder alone due to the fact that it provides very light coverage & i do not have very good skin. I need a little more coverage than this provides. I totally recommend this product to anyone looking for a good setting powder or to those girls with perfect who just want to minimize the appearance of pores :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ElleLeigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I do think this is an excellent powder, there are some negatives.
The positives- It has a lovely, soft, silky finish that applies like a dream. It doesn't make your look overly powdery and I have not found it to be cakey. I have combination/oily skin (with a very oily nose), and when I apply this to set my liquid foundation in the morning it is hours before I have to blot or touch up with powder again. The compact also comes with a mirror, which is always a plus, and has a space for a powder puff or sponge if you need it (although I prefer using brushes)
The negatives- The packaging IMO is clunky and ugly. It also breaks very easily so make sure not to drop it! The powder itself breaks into little pieces once you have significantly hit pan. I re-bought this powder three times and it broke apart each time and I am VERY careful with my makeup so it wasn't just a coincidence. My pores used to clog very easily and this powder would constantly be causing comedonal acne so I had to stop using it until my skin cleared up about a year ago. In terms of price vs. quantity, this powder costs a lot in Australia (I think about $50) and you get 11g, less than your average MAC powder (And MSFN costs $47 Aus).
The neutral- This is light coverage but does have coverage none the less. My skin is pretty clear and with this and concealer I am good to go. The colour range is pretty neutral, not too yellow or too pink. This could be a pro or con depending on your skintone. There's a pretty good range of colours.
All in all I think it's a great product in itself, and I would be happy to use it up if someone gave it to me, but because of the ugly packaging, the breakability product (which makes it so much more difficult to use) and the tendency to clog pores, I would not repurchase. A great alternative with far better packaging and a product that does not break but has almost identical benefits and claims is MAC studio careblend powder (not available in Australia yet but I order it from the American MAC) x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by KiwiPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation...it has a fast application and goes on very evenly. Extremely convenient. Sometimes I like to do a matte face (I usually use products that provide some type of a subtle glow) and this is perfect. Coverage is very buildable and blendable. However, if my skin is dry, this foundation does tend to make the dryness more visible. I always make sure to use a good moisturizer and primer (usually NP Set or Pixi) beforehand.