October 26, 2014 | 1404 users online

Palettes - BH Cosmetics - 120 Color Palette 1st Edition

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Missmakeup789

I've purchased a few of these palettes and given away a few as gifts. Very very pigmented and lasts alllll day with a primer. My only issue is the red stained my skin. Not a huuuge issue but really weird. I love that they go on sale during any holiday too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Narieh14

This palette is great for mu gurus who love to experiment with colour!!! Most of the shades are buildable and pigmented, with a few exeptions(like with most eyeshadow palettes) can't wait to go crazy with this palette!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ViivaLaMellyy

The colors in this palette are what initially caught my attention. Being a (broke) college student and someone who is not willing to spend a ton of money on makeup, this has definitely been a great buy. 120 colors - I rarely need to buy additional eye shadows because almost every color is there already. I always get compliments - everyone wants to know how I managed to find an eye shadow color that exactly matches the surgical green scrubs I have to wear for clinicals or how I manage to precisely match my eye shadow with my nursing uniform. The price was pretty good too - BH Cosmetics always has sales - I ended uo getting this palette for around $17. I'm no MUA but just a hint - I use the NYX Eye Shadow Base in white. It makes the colors MUCH more vibrant and bright.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by em0hly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The most beautiful, pigmented colors that I have. I absolutely love my palette. I still have colors that I have not used in it, and love that I have so many options that I am able to use. It glides on smoothly with or without eye shadow primer, lasts all day and stays vivid throughout wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price and the amount of colors you get, it's definitely worth it! Not all the shadows are pigmented tho. Some colors have little to no color pay off, whereas some have great color pay off. Lasting ability is good. I noticed little fading throughout the day. I said I would repurchase cuz it is a good deal for the selection of colors you get, but I probably wouldn't need to repurchase again.

Shipping is awesome! I received my order in a little over a week and I live in Canada!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I would never need to repurchase this as I don't experiment with colours that often, but it is really handy to have for seasonal looks (St Patrick's Day, Valentines Day, Halloween etc). It's not high end quality by any means, but it is pretty decent considering the price. If you use a primer, it will definitely last a long time, without a primer though, it'll end up all over your face as the shadows are a little powdery. Really fun colours and overall a fun, affordable palette to experiment with.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would find the nerve to purchase and wear bright colors, but the 88 and 120 palettes make it easy to experiment without regret. I believe most brands are dupes of one another (as opposed to same supplier, different package name) as I've read about slight differences in pay-off and chalkiness. This particular palette from BH Cosmetics wins my vote!

There is a wide range of soft highlighter shades as well as brighter shades, some commonly used and others that dare me to try them. Surprisingly, I found out that a medium bright orange looks like a soothing peach on my NC40-42 skin. I loved it and have been wearing it at least once a week.

Color intensity, color payoff and chalkiness varies by shade. For the most part, the colors respond well. I have only found a handful in the 120 that have no color payoff on my skin. Most are highly pigmented and easy to lift and apply. Less fallout than Lorac, more than Revlon.

Overall, I have been more pleased with the BH eyeshadows than with their lip palette.or blushes.

I've purchased 5 palettes from BH and each was packaged extremely well

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love all of these palettes. I get them sooo cheap on ebay from China (no name brand just search 120 palette) and they are so good. You cannot use them alone however. I use urban decay primer and boom, perfect eye shadows that last all day and are pigmented ! I receive soo many compliments. I find myself using these palettes more then my UD, Mac, or others. I will definitely continue to buy these.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by missdeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very decent palette for the price, alot of the shades are very pigmented, but i find some are not so good, and don't last or show up at all, but I think this is a perfect starting palette.
I brought this as a starting palette to experiment and get myself used to using shadows, so if you're looking to experiment with makeup but not looking to spend a fortune this is the palette for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this without any branding or name off of ebay for $0.01 (plus SH from China) when I was first building my makeup supply. The shadows certainly need a primer as they will not stick without it. It is worth it though.
Blend of shimmers and mattes. Color payoff decent. Layering is difficult with certain shades.
Packaging is basic, utilitarian, and sensible. It could benefit from a better clasp and padding/space between the two.
It will recycled once im done with the shadows-its perfect for depotting/pressing into.