April 18, 2014 | 1966 users online

Hair Removal - Sally Hansen - Microwaveable Eyebrow, Face & Lip Wax

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by MES

While this isn't as good as professional wax used in a salon, it does work really well and come in handy if you need a touch up or have to wax frequently. My brows grow very fast and are naturally quite full. I had been using the Nads brand wand, but wasn't able to find it on my latest trip to the store. As others have said you definitely do have to heat this for longer than the instructions state. After 90 seconds the wax was still hard, so I gave it another 90 seconds. I would suggest letting it sit in the microwave at briefly after heating as it is too runny to use right after heating. There were a couple stray hairs left around my brows, but they were east enough to clean up with the included tweezers. There not a lot of product in the jar, but its enough to get several uses from which makes it less expensive than getting a brow wax at a salon. Also I had a couple places where the wax stuck to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by andyfries

I have used this before and it worked okay but not great always left some hair behind. However I used this two days ago and now have a a two clusters of small pimples on my chin. This hasn't happened before with this product, but I am pretty sure it was this since it was the only thing I did differently in my skin routine. I have somewhat acne prone skin, but usually don't get cluster of small pimples like this. Be careful using this if you are acne prone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

NOPE. Took far too long to heat and then did basically nothing but irritate my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I sometimes get a professional wax, but typically just do it at home. It's never easy for me-- my hair seems more stubborn than most-- but some products are better than others. I have never liked a product enough to buy it again, however, and always try something new.

This particular product took forever to heat up (going way beyond the warning to not heat more than 2 minutes-- at 2 minutes, the product was still too hard to even stir!). Also it cooled way too fast and I reheated twice for only my upper lip area. It also failed to remove even half of the hair. In order to not end up with a spotty upper lip, I eventually had to go back and wax individual hairs, as this seemed the only way to get it to work. More trouble than it was worth. Other products by the same brand have worked better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by CerealKILLER

I have PCOS and this is one of the best ways I have found to get rid of that hair on my upper lip and chin. Chin hair is so GROSS and tweezing/sugar removers/shaving is so painful and time consuming and sometimes if the hair is too much it just wont come out. This stuff does have a learning curve. You do need to heat it longer than it recommends (I end up doing about 9-10 minutes on high) and after a couple of heat ups you need to toss it even if you have some left because the efficacy just isnt there anymore. But this is the only product that I can use on my upper lip and chin and be done in less than 10 minutes. It may leave some stray hairs but I can pluck those as I find them. It can be painful. I dont think hair removal can be painless imo. Ive tried so many of them. The good thing iss this is cheap and easy and works well for me and my stubborn PCOS facial hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by reeree1980

I love love love this product! Picked it up by chance on holidays in the US four years ago and this is the only product that I use. The only problem I have is finding people who are going to the US on holidays to bring it back for me as it isn't sold in the UK. I melt it in the microwave at 900 watts for 8 mins (which is more than the recommended melting time). I apply a small amount and then pick the edges of the wax in the direction Im going to pull. It pulls out even the finest and shortest hairs. I love that it has a tweezers too - perfect handbag size!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by grobanite19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just used this for the first time a few minutes ago!
I picked this up at Rite Aid for around $5, so very good price! It came with a good amount of wax, tiny tweezers, instructions (with a dollar off coupon for my next purchase), spatula, orange stick, and eyebrow guide and a little lotion.
I bought this mostly for my upper lip, and that's what i used it for today. Right off the bat, it didn't want to melt properly, but it wasn't to bad.
ONE BIG TIP!! Even though you don't have to, I recommend using a muslin strip when you're using this product. They tell you just to pull the wax off around the edges, this is a lot more painful then using strips! I bought some at CosmoProf for under $5, and it came with 100 of them, which I cut in half.
I used one side with the muslim, and one without. The side I did without the strip was a LOT more painful!
Overall, I really like this product, it's messy, but for $5, you really can't beat it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This kit was literally a hot mess! First my complaint is the packaging, mine didn't come with the mixing wand and the packaging was so flimsy I can see how it would have fallen out. Second, The wax took awhile to heat up and dried way too fast while I was applying it. Third, it hardly removed any hair and I followed the instructions. It also was a huge mess and I think the eyebrow strips took off more hair than the freakin' wax! The only good thing was the relief creme which made plucking easier, ugh never getting this again. Going to try a creme instead

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by df10701

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome product! I use acne products and used this on my upper lip, and it took hair off easily, was non-irratating and my upper lip was smooth for a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lilbowenagd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the price of one eyebrow wax I can just buy this kit and do it myself for a couple years. This jar last forever! I think I've had it a year and a half and it's not even halfway empty. The relief cream they provide in the kit works really well too. I really like it but have a few things to note. First- you DO need to provide yourself with some kind of removal strip- like fabric strips or heavy paper towels. The kit says you can take the wax off by itself but you CAN'T. Expect to microwave your wax about halfway through because it will have cooled too much by then. Even so I will buy this again when I run out- but that's a long time coming!