Sally Hansen Microwaveable Eyebrow, Face & Lip Wax

3.0

on 4/16/2015 10:55:00 AM

This is a decent kit. As a beginner at waxing (normally get a prof to do), I found it fairly straight forward. Was a bit messy and didn't get all the hairs the first time around but def cheaper and more convenient than the salon. I will however, leave the professionals to do my brows and just tweeze those in between. I see waxing brows as a beginner, a disaster! Would recommend.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Oh HELL YES !!!! :-) My first waxing was JUST as good as a salon!!! I just bot this at Wal-Mart for $6!!! I took my self-standing magnifying mirror into the kitchen by my microwave/sink/window and had amazing results!! It wasn't 'messy' b/c I kept stirring & cleaning off edge of jar AND spatula. I had no drips onto my counter or clothes. If you have drips, then the wax is too 'runny.' I waxed my upper lip, sideburn area (peach fuzz), between brows, sides of nostrils & AM SO THRILLED!! ..& yes, YOU WILL NEED TO TWEEZE some stray hairs. Hairs grow in diff directions & even salon waxers use tweezers!! Wen first starting, I don't recommend going into really tight areas like TOO close to eyebrows b/c of precision issues, but that should get better w practice ...& is better to do a thicker smear than thin. You will need to re-heat the wax if doing more than one or two areas b/c the wax cools fast on your skin so it also cools in the jar. But, no biggie. I couldn't believe how much hair came off my my nostrils (LOL!!!) & this wax did GREAT in the crevasses around my nose ...just do one thick smear around each nostril to below the nostril & done!! I'm not really 'hairy' so I also put used/dried wax back into the jar to re-melt. didn't see any harm in this or instructions to NOT re-use the wax. ALSO, there will b little bits of wax remaining here & there so just scratch off or use baby oil/Olive oil to wipe off when all done. The wax has no smell and the benzocaine cream is perfect (very light)...also, I recommend putting a thin smear of Vaseline on the threads of the jar so you can easily twist off and on. CONS: The enclosed short tweezers are 'dinky' but still did the job .... next time I'll use my own...and I was terrified to use the brow stickers (eek! That could b a disaster!!). I'M SUPER SUPER HAPPY W THIS PRODUCT!! Wish I'd know about it b4 now!!! This will save me a BUNDLE in the future from not having to go to a salon for waxing (I always pluck stray eyebrow hairs every couple days anyway so I don't have thick patches of brow hair to wax in the first place). DEFINITELY A HG PRODUCT FOR ME !!! :)

on 7/10/2014 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I used this on my upper lip and it's just MEH. The wax is easy enough to microwave and apply. However, it doesn't grip all the fine little hairs and peach fuzz, so I ended up having to tweeze anyway. Also left my skin red and burning. Strange that it seemed to grip my skin more than the unwanted hair!

on 5/21/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I thought this product worked pretty well. I've only ever used the wax strips that you melt in your hands before, and those didn't work for me. The product was still hard after 2 minutes in the microwave, so I put it in for another 2. After the 4 minutes it was too runny, so I waited a little bit for the paddle to say it was "ready".

I put a thin layer on my skin, and waited a few seconds for it to harden on my upper lip before ripping it off. It worked really well and got all of the hair off.

Next I tried it on my eyebrows. Next time I'm going to heat it up a bit more before doing the eyebrows, since it was too thick after doing my upper lip. It worked pretty well, though it wasn't flawless and did leave some hairs. Part of it was due to the fact that the wax had thickened and was difficult to apply very accurately.

Overall I'm pleased and will make sure to melt the wax a bit more before waxing my eyebrows.

on 4/7/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While this isn't as good as professional wax used in a salon, it does work really well and come in handy if you need a touch up or have to wax frequently. My brows grow very fast and are naturally quite full. I had been using the Nads brand wand, but wasn't able to find it on my latest trip to the store. As others have said you definitely do have to heat this for longer than the instructions state. After 90 seconds the wax was still hard, so I gave it another 90 seconds. I would suggest letting it sit in the microwave at briefly after heating as it is too runny to use right after heating. There were a couple stray hairs left around my brows, but they were east enough to clean up with the included tweezers. There not a lot of product in the jar, but its enough to get several uses from which makes it less expensive than getting a brow wax at a salon. Also I had a couple places where the wax stuck to my skin.

on 4/5/2014 8:16:00 PM

I have used this before and it worked okay but not great always left some hair behind. However I used this two days ago and now have a a two clusters of small pimples on my chin. This hasn't happened before with this product, but I am pretty sure it was this since it was the only thing I did differently in my skin routine. I have somewhat acne prone skin, but usually don't get cluster of small pimples like this. Be careful using this if you are acne prone.

on 3/29/2014 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

NOPE. Took far too long to heat and then did basically nothing but irritate my skin.

on 12/31/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I sometimes get a professional wax, but typically just do it at home. It's never easy for me-- my hair seems more stubborn than most-- but some products are better than others. I have never liked a product enough to buy it again, however, and always try something new.

This particular product took forever to heat up (going way beyond the warning to not heat more than 2 minutes-- at 2 minutes, the product was still too hard to even stir!). Also it cooled way too fast and I reheated twice for only my upper lip area. It also failed to remove even half of the hair. In order to not end up with a spotty upper lip, I eventually had to go back and wax individual hairs, as this seemed the only way to get it to work. More trouble than it was worth. Other products by the same brand have worked better for me.

on 11/1/2012 6:30:00 PM

I have PCOS and this is one of the best ways I have found to get rid of that hair on my upper lip and chin. Chin hair is so GROSS and tweezing/sugar removers/shaving is so painful and time consuming and sometimes if the hair is too much it just wont come out. This stuff does have a learning curve. You do need to heat it longer than it recommends (I end up doing about 9-10 minutes on high) and after a couple of heat ups you need to toss it even if you have some left because the efficacy just isnt there anymore. But this is the only product that I can use on my upper lip and chin and be done in less than 10 minutes. It may leave some stray hairs but I can pluck those as I find them. It can be painful. I dont think hair removal can be painless imo. Ive tried so many of them. The good thing iss this is cheap and easy and works well for me and my stubborn PCOS facial hair.

on 4/23/2012 4:58:00 PM

I love love love this product! Picked it up by chance on holidays in the US four years ago and this is the only product that I use. The only problem I have is finding people who are going to the US on holidays to bring it back for me as it isn't sold in the UK. I melt it in the microwave at 900 watts for 8 mins (which is more than the recommended melting time). I apply a small amount and then pick the edges of the wax in the direction Im going to pull. It pulls out even the finest and shortest hairs. I love that it has a tweezers too - perfect handbag size!

Top Rated Hair Removal