Estee Lauder Pure Colour Long lasting Lipstick - Silk Red

on 9/6/2015 2:27:00 PM

For some reason I was unable to enter the 'Estee lauder pure colour lacquer in hot cherry' but this is the item I'm reviewing.

I love the appearance of it in the tube, its the most beautiful vivid red with flecks of shimmer in it, promising all sorts of heart fluttering loveliness. When switching it on my hand, it really had a beautiful very high gloss shine that had that beautiful almost plastic effect, the flecks of shimmer kind of done through creating a stunning 3d effect.
The packaging itself is a thin tube with gold lid, its fairly classy looking, the wand however is stiff and unyielding, I've not yet decided on this being a good idea, I can see pros and cons.
I was so very hopeful.... yes despite all of these glimpses and suggestions of beauty, it is in fact very average. There is a smell, though I can't quite put my finger on it, I know some of you ladies are turned off by a strong smell, this doesn't bother me personally so I can't go into more detail there.

It didn't work for me with a liner, I think mostly and sadly because it wore off quite quickly, leaving me with the dreaded clown mouth. I think having not done that my first impression would have been better. The bottom line is though that whilst it is highly pigmented its a gloss and I dont think there are any claims for it to be long lasting which really is just as well, wear time was 2hours, with it gradually fading to a more sheer gloss as it disappeared.

Its nice, a beautiful bright red but be ready to re apply frequently, would I buy it again? No, not at this price, feels like it should be in the £14-16 category.

on 10/11/2008 2:01:00 PM

I have this lipstick in Pikberry and have been using this colour for years. It lasts for ages and I only need to replace it every six months. It is the most mosturising lipstick I have ever used - lovely texture - not gloopy and smells nice. The colour is neutral and flatters all skin tones and colours. A must have.

on 9/15/2008 11:50:00 PM

I love Estee's Pure colour lipstick when i owned Black Wine couple of years ago. I still have a stump left - its my precious expensive lippie & i tend to leave the last bit & use it sparingly.

Its still very creamy since the day i started using it & the colour's superb. Pure colour as it says - I am one who likes the richness of a bold lipstick - as its a canvas on which i can play with to alter the colour with lighter or shimmery glosses - with 1 bold lipstick & 1 gloss I have have a few variations to play with.

More Lipstick - Bolder look
Less lipstick - chic day look
more gloss - more pout
less gloss - modern look

I have few of other like pricey brands - they have already dried up & i need some friction to apply the last bits.

But because i use gloss - it doesnt last the whole day - but good enough for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin