October 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Crème - Smashbox - Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this foundation. It was my first full on, regular wear serious foundation and it never once broke my acne-prone skin out. It provided excellent coverage over my dark acne scars and I was lucky enough that the D1 shade was a good match for my NC45-NC50 skin.

The included application brush was pretty useless. I never used it. I Ended up using a kabuki brush to apply and it went on really easily and quickly. It doesn't cause oil issues and stayed pretty matte all day and I didn't have to wear primer or setting powder with it.

My downsides with this foundation would be that it oxidized a dark red color by the end of the day, and it finished pretty quickly for the price I paid. It also became super difficult to find and I later learned it was discontinued. It's probably available at exorbitant prices online somewhere but I decided to explore other foundations. I would buy it again at a good price though.

The packaging was also not great. I stored it in the carton in my make up bag and the hinges still managed to break off by themselves.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by beecky

This is complete garbage. Broke me out in seborrheic dermatitis, looked cakey as hell, emphasized pores, etc. The brush it comes with is also crap, however most makeup brushes that "come with" any makeup product usually are garbage anyways. I tried applying it with a simple large fluffy powder brush, alone over top of my moisturizer and it looked terrible ! I was shocked. Good thing Shopper's has a good return policy ...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only foundation I've bought multiple times. It is my absolute favorite and I love almost everything about it. I will say the little brush that comes with it is awful, but using another foundation brush it gives such a flawless look. It's a full coverage foundation but doesn't feel heavy like many of the other full coverage foundations I've tried. I have oily skin so I thought I would prefer powder foundations, but this cream foundation is my go-to foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Jackie2122

So I bought this foundation at sephora the woman assisting me said it would look good she tried it on me and as I could barley see in the store and since she only put it on my lower cheak I THOUGHT it looked good I bought it excited and when I tried to apply it at home with the brush it comes with it looked streaky and felt very oily on my face I will say the color looked great though but even when it finally dried it after about two hours started to fade it just didn't look good I was very disappointed

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ellekaye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When Prescriptives went out of business it took me months and much wasted $$ to find a lasting foundation for my oily-combination light peach-toned (R/O) skin.

Camera Ready works perfectly for me as both concealer and foundation, the formula is smooth but not sticky and doesn't crease in humid weather. I was happy to spend the money because it worked. 4 lippies only because of sub-par packaging.

Now I find out they've discontinued this one!! No, No, No! And no clue from Smashbox what is the comparable new formula. When I find something that works so well I hate being forced to start a new search after only a couple of years. I could be loyal to a company that would be loyal to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this! It make skin look flawless, poreless, natural and perfect. It gives a dewy to matte finish, depending on if you powder afterwards. It is full coverage but light. It is my dream foundation, I have combination skin FYI.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by amberie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saw some youtube tutorials and decided to buy this. I have the Smashbox HD liquid one but it darkens/oxidizes on my face, but because of all the good reviews, i went ahead and bought this. The design of having a clear half circle window is stupid. I touched the top and it fell out. I glued it like 4 times and it fell off, so I finally taped it w/ heavy packaging tape on both sides & it's staying.
But the point is, it's so easy to apply w/ just fingers. The brush that came w/ it is really nice & I use it for blush purposes. It feels so light on my skin, unlike that Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (takes forever to wash off). The look is natural, good coverage & feels nice on the skin. I like it a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by VannaPatel

I really wanted to like this product becuase when I put it on my skin it made me look flawless! However, the product would melt on my skin making me look greasy after awhile....I had asked the SA which foundation product would be best for combo/acne skin and she suggested this one however after using it for a few days I started to break out. Great for those with normal to dry skin I think....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by mimihoco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this creme foundation for special glam look and for long wear. The brush application may be new to some people but the creme texture suits it. First it feels like a creme layer but eventually melts into your skin to be more of a powder finish with coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After using the liquid FX foundation, I am really liking this cream foundation! The color match was identical to the liquid so finding the proper color was easy.

I used a damp Beautyblender sponge and this makeup applied flawlessly. It didn't feel heavy or greasy, and it covered everything right up! I had an area that was a little blotchier than the rest, and just an extra stipple with the Beautyblender was all it took to give me buildable coverage.

LOVE this foundation! I'll be keeping it around. It was much faster for me to apply this than the liquid FX. It covered better than the liquid as well.