February 1, 2015 | 1327 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - 3 Step System

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2015 10:13:00 PM More reviews by prettybrowneyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pushing 30 and I thought it time to switch up my skincare after using Neutrogena since for years (since high school). It wasn't doing anything for me anymore more, so I took a trip to Macy's and stopped the Clinique counter. I did the skin diagnosis at the kiosk. It was determined that I was level 2. Ok. So I spent $70 which is fine as long as the stuff works. It made my skin feel clean which was what loved about this system and stuck with it for 2 months. Well, I wasn't very amused for it started to break me out. For the record, I've never had breakouts despite my skin being a little more on the oily side. So I was shocked as you can imagine to see this happen to my skin. I thought maybe I should try level 3 instead which I did and it works a little better. Break outs are not much. I will continue to use until it's completely gone but I will be slowly replace each product one by one with Murad. I got samples of his products at ULTA and my skin loves his stuff more :). Clinique was ok, but I'm not wowed enough to repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2015 12:30:00 PM More reviews by leonara

I went to a Clinique kiosk looking for high quality products that gave a thorough healthy cleaning. Since I heard so much about Clinique and how good it was from different sources I decided to try it. The woman that helped me was really nice and professional. She cleaned my face and used different products while explaining their purpose and beneficial use. It was a total make over. I was impressed and everything felt light on my face which I liked. In the end I bought the 3-step an the Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup.
It was the worst decision ever!
A week after using the 3-step, my face started to break out. At first I thought it was a way of cleansing and taking out all the impurities in my face. Well, not at all. A month later my face was horrible with really bad acne. I had a clean face with the occasional monthly pimple. That was it. And then to see my face like this...I just couldn't stand it. I went to my dermatologist and now I'm in the process of healing and regaining my before clinique face.

Then I found out several girls had the same problem. I'm not saying the 3=step doesn't work just because it didn't work for me or others as well. But you should really think about it before buying, because it isn't for every skin at all, even though they have options for different type of skins. And regaining your natural skin again is not that easy after the damage is done. I hope this review helps.

P.S. The Pore Refining Solutions I got recomended and bought was like 2 shades darker than my skin. I think it was an honest mistake from the employee, but it was my bad not going back for a refund or change.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2015 3:40:00 PM More reviews by allaboutthatmakeup

I got all 3 products for Christmas and did a full review on them on my blog. http://allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/cliniques-3-step-skincare-review.html?m=1

I also mention a good way to try them out for cheaper before investing in the full size! X

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ezgore

I like these products. I have a combination skin, so I'm using the green cleanser, purple toner, and the yellow gel moisturizer.

I have read both positive and negative reviews about these, but I've been using these products for some time now, and they work for me. Well, not all of them but I'll get to that in a minute. The facial cleanser is what I really like. It just works for me. I feel purified. It is like an industrial cleaner that doesn't destroy my sensitive skin, which is perfect for my taste. Well, tonic really helps with that as well. It REEKS of alcohol which I love, and feels like it burns my skin and I don't know why but I like it. It feels like it's working. I feel like I should try other products just to learn more of other brands, but in the future, I might go back to them. But moisturizer is shit. After all those heavy duty cleansing stuff, you need a better moisturizer. When you apply it on, your skin is like a baby's butt, but very quickly, like in a few minutes, it leaves my cheeks dried up, and since I'm out of the moisturizer, I will not be buying that again.

For that kind of price, I'm pretty sure you can get better or similar products. Just avoid that moisturizer, if you have a classic combination skin, like mine.

Packaging is a bitch, I would say. Especially for the moisturizer, I had this 100 ml special edition stuff and it had a pump. When I couldn't pump the rest out, I cut it open and there were 2 weeks of products in there, AND I CUT MY FINGER IN THE PROCESS. The rest of the cleanser has a pump as well but it is easier to deal with, although I cannot cut that bottle open. It's some type of hard plastic that will not allow me to cut. Toner doesn't have a pump so we cool.

Like I said, I'll try some other products and maybe come back to the cleanser and toner, but not for the moisturizer, no sir.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by IreneAdler97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They only way I can work with this set is if I choose extra mild cleanser, mild clarifying lotion (not the no. 1 ) and a moisturizer other than that yellow stuff. Dramatic different lotion gives me millia. I had a boss who had used nothing but Clinique. Her skin looked good for her age.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Chantal013

I have been repurchasing this for years now. Using the pink toner, green cleanser and the yellow moisturizer (sorry can't remember the exact names). The toner - I love, it is very strong and at times will almost feel like my skin is burning but I just find my face feels so clean after using it. The cleanser I use in the shower but I am halfway through my second bottle and I am now realizing that it really isn't doing anything for me anymore. The moisturizer I was never a big fan as I find it too thick for me but I passed it along to my sister and it is her HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by clare26

Nooooo, this skincare line is not for me! I bought the 3 step with the pink toner, facial soap (in the tube) and moisturizer in the gel, not lotion.
The first couple times I used it, I thought WOW my skin looks great. It was so smooth, I had a hard time not touching it. It was the most smooth I'd ever felt my skin! I was about to write a rave review for it right then and there, but sadly this great skin lasted about 5 days. My skin started to look irritated after that. I wasn't breaking out hugely or anything, but my skin just look HAGGARD and dare I say, old! I have no idea why, maybe it's the high alcohol content but I think I need something more gentle than this. The toner hurt my nose and made my eyes water... Surely that's not something we should be rubbing on our face?! I read all these negative reviews, but still bought the set. I wish I hadn't wasted my money, but it's always good to try things for yourself and make your own mind up. I wouldn't recommend this though! I have since been simplifying my skincare routine. I use Dove soap to wash, Priori coffeeberry cream in the day before my Priori mineral foundation ( I LOVE this brand, it's great, but super expensive!!) and wait for it... NOTHING on my skin overnight (GASP!). I've never not used something on overnight, so this was really scary and is so hard for me to do, but my skin looks better than ever and is way less oily than usual (I don't know how dry skin would go). I've realized that since I always wear makeup and always wear skincare products, my skin is NEVER bare and never gets the chance to do what it needs to do without interference from products! I've read that Dr. Hauschka recommends not using anything over night so the skin has time to heal and renew itself on it's own and this sounds logical to me even though I don't use his products. Sometimes I think we use so many products that are just a waste of money and which might not be best for our skin in the long run. However, I'm a bit jaded after using every product under the sun for the past decade and having no results. So, I'm going to continue keeping it simple and letting my skin have more time bare and without chemicals :) anyhow I've gone off on a tangent, but to reiterate, Clinique is a no no for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

Back to using the Clinique 3-step system after a few years of using other products. I was fed up with how my skin was looking - I'm middle aged but still battle with oily skin, very fair, and the pores on my nose are trashed due to a bad sunburn many years ago. My skin was looking dull, I couldn't go w/out make up, and even though I had good luck with CereVe cleaners + a Clarisonic eventually that wasn't really working either. Decided to go BACK TO CLINIQUE and I'm so glad I did!!!
Did using the 3-step it change my skin overnight? No. Did it change my skin in a week? No. Did it change my skin in about 2 weeks to the point I can skip make up, my skin feels great, and absolutely looks different? Yes. The longer I use it the better and better my skin looks? Yup!! It's three steps, 2x a day, every day, and there's great results.

- Soap - I use the mild. The bar lasts a long time. I use it with my Clarisonic or alone. Nice suds, rinses off easily, not drying. Very nice. It's good to my skin.
- Toner #3 - ask the Clinique person what toner to use. I assumed I would use 2, however with the oil level of my skin and other issues she recommended using 3. She was right. I haven't found it to be harsh, or drying, and it definitely has improved my pores.
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, Gel. Love this stuff. One small pump is all that's needed. It doesn't feel like other moisturizers. In fact, after I put it on my face almost feels "dry" for awhile like I need to apply more. I just ignore that. It does what it's supposed to.

Results: I don't know why I ever, ever stopped using Clinique 3 step system. Years ago, I used Clinique exclusively. Then we moved and there wasn't a mall nearby so buying it became a hassle. Now Clinique is available in non-mall stores like Ulta and Sephora, and online - and the area we live in has built up so there's a mall practically next door - so no excuses. Clinique is also generous with free samples of their products, and their salespeople are very well trained. The online shopping site is very nice, and the package arrives very quickly, wrapped in tissue and sometimes sample surprises thrown in.

It would be nice if their toners all came in pump style bottles. It's not a huge hassle taking the cap off, tipping the bottle onto a cotton ball, putting the cap back on - but honestly it would be nice to just push the cotton ball onto a pump top lid and be done with it. Every so often they used to offer the pump top lids, it should be standard packaging. Especially for the price.

Clinique has been around for DECADES. This is high quality product. And the 3 step system has been around for decades as well. Will it work wonders for everyone? Maybe not. But for me it's made an incredible difference in my skin, just as it did way back when I first began using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by MissLulu1

The toner is like using paint stripper on your face it is so harsh it really dried out my skin, the moisturiser is ok but not worth the cost. I don't like these products and would definitely not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by amitayumi

ive used this product only 1 month..i bought this 3 step system and the scrub..and this products ruin my skin..i have big acnes and small acne around my face which i never have before...i bought it after reading tons of positive feedback. ..now im back to my l'occitane and kiehls skin treatment...and thanks god those scary acnes dissappear