April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - 3 Step System

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Samanthagrace22

I really really liked this line as it didn't dry out y skin not break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by tinival

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I'm using this product only for 2 weeks but thought i'd write about how my skin likes it far by now. (gonna write another review in a few months I guess!)

I used this product obout 10 years ago as I was 20 and I cant remember why I stopped it after just a few uses... I guess I had the wrong system for my skin type.

Now I'm using it only in the morning (as I have some korean acidic milk cleanser which I want to use up in at nights)
I have dry combination skin and I use the mild liquid soap, the mild lotion and the gel (somehow the lotion left my skin a bit too greasy and could cause breakouts)
actually I almost never have pimples...
this makes my skin looks nice and soft and I didnt get any breakouts after starting using this products.

I'm curious how my skin is like in a few months after using this longer.. gonna make another update then! BUt I love it by now... the bad thing is the price :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Johnna1123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For the love of all things holy, please stop calling clarifying lotion a toner. It amazes me that people will go on and on complaining, but you do not even know what you are using. Clarifying lotion is not a toner, never has been, never will be. Never in its history has it been called a toner. It is an exfoliating lotion. Good God. Oh, and alcohol is not bad for skin, it has anti bacterial properties which is good for skin. If your skin feels dry, it is because your skin IS dry. Try a moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Not a fan of this product line. I got the acne 3-step set. I think this does work wonders for those that never had a skincare routine to begin with. Perhaps this might motivate young girls to start cleansing, toning, and moisturizing as a routine. Otherwise, the products do not produce miraculous results.

I believe that I paid around $60 for the set. And it definitely was not worth it. I would say that I liked the foaming cleanser the most, because it was easy to apply. I did get a pretty good lather, irregardless or using Clarisonic or not. But I went through the cleanser quite quick for the hefty price tag. The toner is harsh with too much alcohol in it. And the moisturizer is way too drying, and I have used harsh products before. I had to dump step 3...so terrible.

Overall, I do not recommend the 3-step acne system to anyone. I only wish I realized this sooner and returned mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel like this gets my skin clean, until five minutes later. I have an extra step added in, I use the 7 day black head eraser after the wash, then I tone. I feel like my skin gets oily immediately after I wash, and that makes me mad, because I have really oily skin in some places, and I feel like it doesn't do anything at all. It does keep my skin clear for the most part, but it doesn't keep my skin matte.
One plus is the bottles are HUGE and it doesn't take much to tone or wash. So it should last a good 4 months, which justifies the price.
If you're looking for a basic, simple cleansing system this is for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most important thing about Skincare is to have a routine. I can see that people not used to a routine may be motivated to get into a routine when they buy this. The Clinique sales ladys are very well trained and make their customers believe they are part of something special. The price tag alone makes you think you should carry on using this, and sticking to any routine will improve your skin compared to no routine. However I am not surprised that it has bad reviews here. readers of this site are people who are prepared to put a little thought on what they put on their skin and are therefor not easily impressed by this. The alcohol loaded toners are too harsh, the foamy soap is really drying. The only product that is worse using up is the lotion- on my body, certainly not on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A lot of people seem to be very critical of this product. I personally thought it was very good. It just added radiance to my skin and made me feel so fresh. It made my skin beautiful, it really did.

In terms of the cleanser, it removed everything. I would always use a make up remover first, but this removed any lingering mascara or foundation. It left my skin looking clear and didn't irritate me at all.

The toner worked wonders too. A little went a long way. It left me with a fresh, gentle tingling sensation on my skin and didn't dry me out. I felt it really let my skin breath.

The moisturiser was perfect for my skin. Just a little goes a long way. It dried in relatively quickly, which was good as it did not leave me feeling greasy.

Price wise, I thought it was a little steep. That is why it loses a lippie. But as aforementioned you don't need to use a lot to get the full effect. Overall, I am always impressed by this product and it is one I am always going back to.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArtJ85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Outdated. There is no reason to waste your time and money using this ancient system. Toners are nearly obsolete as breakthroughs in skincare continue to improve our understanding. I would stay away from this system. It is NO good.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by DaysiDarling

I don't think I'd buy this product again, I use the gel lotion since I am prone to break outs and this has not prevented my break outs or taken any of my acne away or at least minimized it. Out of all the products the only one I'd use would be the bar of soap since it does clean mym make up off real well when I wash my face. Other than that I would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by annasrose

very expensive for what it is, didn't make my skin worse by at all but didn't help much either. Wasn't any different to washes half the price and was very time consuming.