September 20, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Long Last Lipstick - Chianti

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Clinique lipsticks almost exclusively for years so I have many. My favorites have been Pink Chocolate and Pink Toffee. I saw an article in Real Simple magazine about reds anyone can wear which recommended Double Truffle as a red for fair skin. When I looked at it on the Clinique website it seemed too dark for work and summer, but not wanting to go away empty handed I noticed Chianti in the same color family but lighter. Turned out to be a great purchase! I have reddish lips even though I am pretty pale and Chianti enhanced this without looking unnatural. It is moist and slightly sheer but does have some staining and staying power. It is easy to apply and wear, really brightens my face without drawing too much attention, which is good since I cannot look too made-up in my work. Paired with Precious Posy blush I felt pretty all week. You will have to reapply during the day but not a big deal. This may be my new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by LeeGee25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have medium ash brown hair, green eyes, and a fair-medium complexion with a cool undertone. I have never been able to find a wearable red until now. On me, Chianti is a muted, natural red. It gives me the red color I desire without looking like I kissed a fire truck. I do not notice any orange tint when I wear it. Chianti is one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sicknot17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my favorite lipstick. Ever.
I've always seen it all a deep raspberry color, and usually use it with a bright gold eyeshadow and mascara.
It looks great and accents lighter, natural makeup. I've been using this lipstick for a year and will most definitely head out to get another stick of it soon.
Anyhow, love, love, love! Smooth application, feels very nice on the lips, not waxy at all, very moisturizing. Great lipstick.
I very much recommend it to neutral or warm toned people.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by albertra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Normally I steer clear of the "tawnies" because I feel like they'll be too warm or look too orange on me (NW20 in MAC) but Chianti is great! Clinique's description is that it is a "muted blue-red wine." It is a beautiful muted red on, and looks great when I'm using other makeup that is more neutral than cool-toned. I've had this for over a year and am always pleased when I re-discover it. I'll use it more often and buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jlew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today. I have no idea if I am cool or warm. I look good in both gold and silver ( which is supposed to be a decider, but anyway....) when purchasing a foundation I lean towards anything called neutral, or buff. ANYWAY, I purchased it with pomegranante lipliner. UN-believable. I have blue eyes and the first thing you notice is my eyes POP with this color. It makes my skin look nice and it is just an all around beautiful color. I highly recommend it if it fits your skin tone. VERY wearable red-ish, purple-ish color with no orange whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by LaurentEsq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Chianti is one of Clinique's Long Last Soft Shine lipsticks. The color is beautiful, but most definately warm, which is no surprise as Clinique categorizes it as "tawny". As someone cool toned, I can't carry it off, but on the right neutral to warm toned woman, it would look fantastic. The formula is creamy and moisturizing, so I might try another color from this collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this color in a GWP along with Raspberry Glace. Chianti is the warm counterpart, but it's still neutral enough that it's wearable for cool-toned women. Chianti is a reddish-plum brown, with a slight, almost indiscernible twinge of orange. It's listed in the "Tawnies" on the Clinique website. On golden tones, the orange will not show up, but on cool skin, it's barely there, but it's there. I usually cannot wear anything in Clinique's Tawnies, but I've been wearing Chianti with Bamboo lipliner and it looks decent, but not worth purchasing.