Whole Foods 365 Vegetable Glycerin Soap

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/1/2014 10:47:00 AM

I have been using aveeno baby soap. My skin is extremely dry and flaky. This soap has really worked for me. It reduces falkiness and calms my red skin. Its just been days I have been using it. I will update my review after few more uses.

on 10/6/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great face and body soap, I have been using it for years. Leaves my skin clean but not dried out. Love that it doesn't have a ton of unnecessary ingredients.

on 10/31/2011 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the 'Unscented' version. I have been using this as both my facial and body cleanser. It lathers great and cleans my skin without overdrying. Its very inexpensive and it only has (3) ingredients: Saponified coconut and/or palm oil, and vegetable glycerin. Why aren't there more skin care products created with the few required ingredients to make them effective.

on 12/18/2010 9:43:00 PM

This may seem like a funny thing to review, but after trying a host of different facial cleansers over the past year, some of them relatively expensive, and not being happy with any of them, I picked up a bar of plain old 365-brand vegetable glycerin soap on a whim and... what do you know... this works better than any cleanser or soap I've ever tried. It apparently cleans just enough to keep my extreme combination skin from breaking out. Everything else was either too drying or too ineffective. This is just right. I noticed that it leaves a waxy residue in my sink, and, you know, I think that residue -- probably the coconut and other natural oils -- is good for my skin. My skin has never looked better!

on 7/14/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Unfortunately, this soap dried out and irritated my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin and use OCM and Laventine Olive Forte soap. I was excited to try the Whole Foods olive & aloe glycerin soap because it's so cheap and seemed to contain similar ingredients to the Laventine product. I used it for about a week, during which my skin got progressively drier, with red itchy patches, and I finally decided to stop using it. I'll keep looking for a cheap, effective, non-irritating facial cleansing alternative.

on 4/26/2009 10:06:00 AM

A really good glycerin soap. It's better than most other glycerin soaps I've tried and is really cheap. I use it for hands and body and a bar lasts a long time. Nice to be able to get a good product these days that is simple and doesn't cost a lot.

on 4/4/2009 10:55:00 AM

My son has sensitive skin and I have to be careful with the kinds of soaps or body washes I buy for him, or he will sometimes get a rash. I saw these at Whole Foods in a variety of scent for $1.49 (lavender, chamomile, vitamin E, rosemary mint, unscented, a couple of others that I can't recall now). The lavender and chamomile were the ones that I went with, and both were nice. The lavender smells like lavender essential oil, and the chamomile is sweet smelling. This is a small-ish bar of soap, which lathers decently and cleans well. If I leave the soap in the dish by the bath tub, the steam gives it a whitish cast and it falls apart, but for $1.49 I don't mind. The scented ones do have added fragrance, so be aware if you are sensitive to that. Very little packing so not much waste. Overall, a good purchase & I'd buy again.

on 4/3/2009 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just used this for the first time tonight as an overall body bar. I also used the unscented. I was pretty happy. Hopefully I will continue to use :)

on 9/15/2008 12:35:00 PM

For those of you who have a hard time finding a cleanser that isn't drying or irritating, this inexpensive ($1.49) little bar could be just the thing. Many soaps aren't good for the face - those that are highly scented, deodorant soaps, etc., but I have always found that unscented glycerine soaps work wonderfully as facial cleansers. I had been using a soap from Laventine, but it's now $9.95 a bar plus shipping, and I decided I just didn't want to pay that much. I had also been using Clearly Natural which I quite liked, but the last time I was in Whole Foods I found that they no longer carried it and had replaced it with their own line of glycerine soaps. I wasn't happy, but I decided to try their own brand, and that turned out to be a very good decision. I bought the unscented one, and it is wonderful. A nice creamy lather that rinses easily and leaves my skin clean but feeling smooth and moist. My skin looks and feels wonderful with never any dryness or irritation. I can tell how moist (not greasy) my skin is when I put on my moisturizer and treatment products at night. I now use less because my skin needs less. For so little money it's certainly worth a try.