Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer

3.3

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isostearyl Alcohol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. [CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 3/22/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The first time I used this primer the dry parts of my face instantly became dry patches. I had to put a moisturizer on over my foundation just so that my face didn't feel like a desert. It's still getting 3 lipsticks because my face did stay matte and my foundation still looked good by the end of the day without touchups.

on 12/6/2014 9:16:00 PM

I wasn't exactly blown off by this product but its overall a decent product that does what it claims to. I got the one in mauve since I have sallow skin and it does its job well counteracting the yellow undertone. It comes out a bit liquidly lotiony, blends well and reacts fast. My makeup appears more radiant and lasts longer whenever I use this. But I'm rather put off by the price, its $67 a bottle here in Singapore. Until I discover a better lavender primer i'll just stick to this!

on 10/31/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I did not like how "liquidy" this primer consistency. I ended up with applying to much on my hands and had to wipe the extra off on a towel.

As it is a liquid, application is straightfoward and easy. Does prime face and pores very well. My bb cream and foundation look great on top of this primer. Weartime is excellent, foundation stayed put all day.

I just can't get past the consistency of the product. I need a more gel like product.

on 10/26/2014 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This primer was horrible on my skin, within half an hour of applying it my dry patches were already flaking up. unfortunately, it also made me break out within a week of wearing it and i had to take it back at the end of the week just because it made my skin itch like craaaazy. Do not recommend for dry sensitive skinned people. My skin didn't even look 'primed' at all.

on 10/22/2014 4:06:00 PM

I'm somewhat surprised that this primer has such poor reviews. I really enjoy this primer. I have combination/oily skin, so I only use this on the more normal or dry parts of my skin. It feels very silky and goes well with every foundation I use, however I do put powder on before foundation, so I'm not sure if it's any different. The only problem is the price and the packaging. I've repurchased this once but I probably won't anymore. The lid cracks easily, which happened to both that I've bought. I will use the NYX HD primer, which isn't as nice but works for the price.

on 10/13/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased the green version to help cover redness.

It does work - sort of. It's covered my redness quite well for about an hour. Then it left a stinging sensation that didn't quit. For $30, that's a massive disappointment.

It looks like my girls will have another product to fight over.

on 10/10/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this primer thinking that the yellow would actually brighten underneath my eyes prior to foundation and concealer - it does nothing. It blends into my skin like a moisturiser. It does not prolong the wear of my makeup, nor does it make my foundation application easier - it actually makes my foundation stick and grab in all sorts of places. Total waste of money!

on 10/8/2014 8:36:00 PM

I used this everyday for about two weeks and I have to admit that this is the first MUFE product I've been disappointed by. This primer doesn't really do anything that a primer should do. It does not help my makeup last longer. It does not control oil/shine (and I have combination/dry skin!). And the tint (02 mauve) is so subtle it's really not useful for color correction. For me, there is zero difference between using this primer and not using it.

I am also starting to suspect that this primer caused a recent small breakout on my forehead.

Good points: great packaging, lightweight texture, no cyclopentasiloxane (an ingredient that causes reactions in some people), and a nice, sweet fragrance (though unscented is preferable)

The price is way too high for this product to be so mediocre. Honestly, I've used sunscreens (Sofina, Shiseido) that have done a better job of keeping my face looking fresh than this stuff. I will not repurchase and will probably end up returning the bottle I do have.

on 9/9/2014 9:01:00 AM

I hate this product. Got the Neutral one as it was recommended by the SA at Sephora. After first use, I noticed some zits and after my second use, I broke out like CRAZY! Regret purchasing such an expensive product which just made my skin worse.

Am really dissatisfied.

on 9/4/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff makes me break out every time I use it and I don't think it makes my makeup stay on longer, although it does make it go one more evenly.

Popular Primer/ Correctors