NYX Concealer Stick

3.0

Waterh

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of those products where it sits in the background and you don't realize how great it is until you used it again. I bought it for about $5.99 and have it in the shade Nutmeg (dark neutral yellow) and I use it for highlighting. People complain of it being "too dry", but I never had a problem with it; it's creamy, pigmented and with a damp bb sponge it sheers out nicely. I use Ruby Kisses HD powder to set the area (another underrated product) and no creasing, no settling into pores and no godawful ghostly flashback I get with others I've used. It's also slim, has a cap and twists up and down- so I can apply it precisely where I need it and it won't get dried out. Lately, NYX has been rolling out tons of new products, and I'm worried that the next time I go into my corner beauty store it'll be discontinued. Guess it's time to stock up just in case, I finally found my HG!

on 11/3/2014 10:14:00 PM

No no no. I was really unhappy with this concealer stick. I am a huge of fan of NYX products and naturally wanted to try everything they came out with, this being one. Their eyeshadows and blushes,sprays,and bb creams are fab, but sadly, they need to rework their concealing products. The stick is super dry,almost chalk-like and is a bi*** to get on the face. You literally have to press down so hard for any product to visibly show up on your face. I wanted to use it once as an eyelid primer because the consistency is so thick and matte but I had to literally scrape the product onto my finger and then transfer it on to my eyelid because pressing that hard onto my eyelid would hurt. I would not purchase this stick again, I can't really use it for much.

on 6/23/2014 3:58:00 PM

I'm a big NYX lover so when they came out in these I bought very color to add to my kit. Sad to say these concealer pencils suck :( The forumla is very dry almost hard to dispense (like you really have to apply with a heavy hand, which I hate for the under eyes area) looks chalky like. Wouldn't recommend this for anyone. Sorry NYX this not a good one :(

on 5/28/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a good concealer for those with dry skin, and definitely not good for dry under-eye skin. It is far too dry and cakey, doesn't last very long, and the coverage is not good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

OK first, packaging:
It looks nice. Problem is, when I used it for the second time after I bought it, the concealer stick broke & fell right out of the packaging. You know, like a broken pencil. And I didn't even use it with pressure. Meh.
Coverage:
Light. That is to say, hardly covering anything. And when I used it under my eyes, it was so ashy and bluish that I looked like someone just punched my eyes.
Staying power:
2-3 hr. Need to touch up after that.

Will I buy it again? Definitely no.

I find this concealer to be meh. I have this in the color CS03 Light. I bought this concealer to help conceal blemishes/acne staining and redness around my nose and eyes. I useally wear Bare Minerals foundation which doesnt provide the best coverage but it doesnt break me out so I need a concealer on top of it to help with some of the other skin issues. This doesnt really cover my acne stains at all. I will dab the stick on the problem area and gently dab to blend but even after a couple of coats I dont notice much of a difference. This does help a bit with the redness around my nose and on my eyelids though. I had a big pimple a few weeks ago and this also did an ok job covering that but I also needed to apply many layers of this just to have a decent amount of coverage. The color of this is light with a pink undertone but my MAC studio finish in nw20 is allot more pink than this. It blends nicely with my skintone and luckly hasnt caused any breakouts but it just doesnt do that great of a job at concealing. I will continue to use this as its better than nothing but I would not repurchase this.

on 3/31/2014 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know what to think of this. I believe I threw mine away. It was a nice concealer and worked well right after applying. Yet maybe 2-3hrs in and it'd be gone. You could see all the redness around my nose, the 3 lines (capillaries) by my mouth, and my under eye circles. How is it going to be waterproof if the staying power in dry conditions is nonexistent?

on 12/21/2013 11:45:00 PM

Love, love, love. Sure, the color selection is limited but I'm luck to be a great match to #04. Long lasting, natural looking, slim/compact packaging. Easy application, and I love the accuracy of the application tip.

on 12/4/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

One of the very few products I have ever marched straight back to the store to return. The reason? The first time I used it, the results absolutely horrified me! No, not immediately. I was pleased when I first applied the concealer to my spots and undereye circles. I set with a light setting powder as always (ELF HD), and went out for a few hours. When I returned, the concealer had migrated into all my lines, everywhere, and it was sooo obvious! To put this in perspective, I am nearsighted and wear a very strong contact prescription (6.50), so I usually can't see little blips in my makeup job unless I'm looking with a magnifying mirror. But I saw the problem with this concealer as soon as I looked in the mirror in my bathroom when I returned home. I guess it just wasn't right for my skin type, which is still fairly oily, and mature with fine lines. I also think it made my eyes burn and water. I too prefer the NYX concealer in the jar.

on 12/3/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I haven't used this for long, but so far I am pleased with it (as I am with most NYX products). I like that its a stick so it's really versatile. It does cover blemishes well. After applying, I rub it a bit with my hands to it blends better with my skin. It stays on better with a finishing powder. I also like to use it under my eyes as a brightener. It's fantastic at covering red and black under the eyes. Makes a world of difference! Especially if it finished with a dab of NYX Nude eye shadow single. It can also be used in contouring as the highlighting shade and it doesn't make you look cakey. I will most likely repurchase this.