August 30, 2014 | 1645 users online

Concealers - NYX - Concealer Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyade

I'm a big NYX lover so when they came out in these I bought very color to add to my kit. Sad to say these concealer pencils suck :( The forumla is very dry almost hard to dispense (like you really have to apply with a heavy hand, which I hate for the under eyes area) looks chalky like. Wouldn't recommend this for anyone. Sorry NYX this not a good one :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a good concealer for those with dry skin, and definitely not good for dry under-eye skin. It is far too dry and cakey, doesn't last very long, and the coverage is not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

OK first, packaging:
It looks nice. Problem is, when I used it for the second time after I bought it, the concealer stick broke & fell right out of the packaging. You know, like a broken pencil. And I didn't even use it with pressure. Meh.
Coverage:
Light. That is to say, hardly covering anything. And when I used it under my eyes, it was so ashy and bluish that I looked like someone just punched my eyes.
Staying power:
2-3 hr. Need to touch up after that.

Will I buy it again? Definitely no.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I find this concealer to be meh. I have this in the color CS03 Light. I bought this concealer to help conceal blemishes/acne staining and redness around my nose and eyes. I useally wear Bare Minerals foundation which doesnt provide the best coverage but it doesnt break me out so I need a concealer on top of it to help with some of the other skin issues. This doesnt really cover my acne stains at all. I will dab the stick on the problem area and gently dab to blend but even after a couple of coats I dont notice much of a difference. This does help a bit with the redness around my nose and on my eyelids though. I had a big pimple a few weeks ago and this also did an ok job covering that but I also needed to apply many layers of this just to have a decent amount of coverage. The color of this is light with a pink undertone but my MAC studio finish in nw20 is allot more pink than this. It blends nicely with my skintone and luckly hasnt caused any breakouts but it just doesnt do that great of a job at concealing. I will continue to use this as its better than nothing but I would not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't know what to think of this. I believe I threw mine away. It was a nice concealer and worked well right after applying. Yet maybe 2-3hrs in and it'd be gone. You could see all the redness around my nose, the 3 lines (capillaries) by my mouth, and my under eye circles. How is it going to be waterproof if the staying power in dry conditions is nonexistent?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love. Sure, the color selection is limited but I'm luck to be a great match to #04. Long lasting, natural looking, slim/compact packaging. Easy application, and I love the accuracy of the application tip.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the very few products I have ever marched straight back to the store to return. The reason? The first time I used it, the results absolutely horrified me! No, not immediately. I was pleased when I first applied the concealer to my spots and undereye circles. I set with a light setting powder as always (ELF HD), and went out for a few hours. When I returned, the concealer had migrated into all my lines, everywhere, and it was sooo obvious! To put this in perspective, I am nearsighted and wear a very strong contact prescription (6.50), so I usually can't see little blips in my makeup job unless I'm looking with a magnifying mirror. But I saw the problem with this concealer as soon as I looked in the mirror in my bathroom when I returned home. I guess it just wasn't right for my skin type, which is still fairly oily, and mature with fine lines. I also think it made my eyes burn and water. I too prefer the NYX concealer in the jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't used this for long, but so far I am pleased with it (as I am with most NYX products). I like that its a stick so it's really versatile. It does cover blemishes well. After applying, I rub it a bit with my hands to it blends better with my skin. It stays on better with a finishing powder. I also like to use it under my eyes as a brightener. It's fantastic at covering red and black under the eyes. Makes a world of difference! Especially if it finished with a dab of NYX Nude eye shadow single. It can also be used in contouring as the highlighting shade and it doesn't make you look cakey. I will most likely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i bought this in nutmeg. it's the perfect consistency and it glides right on. i apply it to dark mark that are flat and pretty small. i blend with my finger. it works well. i don't need a brush or anything. i know the mac concealer doesn't break me out. i hope this one doesnt either because it's convenient and cheap. i will keep one in my makeup bag for quick touch ups during the day if needed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love NYX's pencils and shadows so wanted to like its concealer stick in yellow. However, I can't. It reads as a faintly (very faintly) yellow white on my very fair skin instead of yellow. Unless one had absolutely porcelain skin tones, this concealer would be far too light. (I'd wanted to use it to cover small reddened areas on my face.) I won't be buying it again.