October 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Pressed Powders - Dianne Brill - Fresh Water Pearl Powder Finish

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by leiakrystine

I am a fan of Dianne Brill lip products and eyeshadows...so I ventured into the blushes and finally this product. For $38 you get more product than you would the Dianne Brill blushes. I really like this pearl powder finish in Golden Pearl- reminds me of Becca PsPs...it leaves skin radiant and glowing with just one sweep. This powder can work alone or paired with blush for an instant pick me up. If you're contemplating between the powder finish and the blushes (if all you want is a natural look), I'd go for this powder. You get 3x the product than the blushes....and you're paying the same amount.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this last Saturday after spontaneously falling in love with it. I got it in "Baroque Pearl", which is a white, pressed finishing powder. As for the finishing: I like to use quite an amount of finishing powders to fix and settle my make-up. Doing that with this product wouldn't be wise at all. It certainly leaves an amazing glow on your face, but also a blue-ish shimmer. Now, I bought this knowing that but I find it important to mention. It really is best used as a highlighter or maybe effect product, similar to a Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick maybe. Apply a bit on forehead, nose and chin and you'll get the elven look! Applied generously, I think it would make one look like a wax doll. So use with caution!
As for its finishing ability: It certainly works well. I applied it over my DB Fresh Water Pearl Foundation and it absorbs oil and shine quite well. Well enough!
The package slip says this finishing powder would help minimize redness. That really doesn't work for me. It probably would for somebody with naturally perfect skin. I don't know. I still have to use concealer here and there.
However, what makes it a Must-have for me, is this radiant glow it provides. That and the blue shimmer as well. I don't know why this makes me so happy. I probably love the fact that it makes me look like porcelain doll!
Will buy again.