October 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Cleansers - L'Occitane - Foaming Rice Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by xxalicelynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its the best cleansers i ever had. I tried it once and found my acnes and redness gone just in one night. Its awesome! Love the texture like scrub but why they discontinued this great products!!?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by shn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why did they have to discontinue this?! It's the best cleanser out there!! I love it so much. I can't believe that they did that. So far I haven't anything that comes close.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Make sure you splash your face with a bit of water first so the product foams. You don’t need too much of the product either.
Likes:
- Gentle, light foam
- Clean – squeaky clean.
- Rinses off easily
- Effect – soft, smooth, matte skin after use.
- Scent – clean, light. Doesn’t taste bad either, for those times I accidently get it in my mouth :X
- Packaging – square, matte bottle with pump. This really doesn’t have anything to do with the product content itself. Though, I might have to edit my review if I have trouble getting the remaining product out.

Dislikes:
Makeup Removal - Not a dislike, more of a “con,” but definitely follow up with their toner (or any other toner) to clean up any residue left from heavy makeup.

I started out using this as a regular day & nighttime face cleanser, but converted to using oil cleansers at night instead. I’m lazy and I like the idea of only splashing my face with water once to rinse, rather than to lather and rinse. I also feel like oil cleansers work well for me when I have to remove heavy makeup. I still use this with my Clairsonic. I’m running low, so I have to debate if I want to re-purchase or not. Lots of good things about it. I believe this runs around $20-25, which isn’t bad for how long it lasted me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I loved the Red Rice Cleanser when it was still in stores- it was the best element of the whole Red Rice line. As usual, L'Occitane decided to discontinue one of it's best products and replace it with something else (in this case, the Angelica line, which does not address the same skin issues). $20 for 6.7 fl. oz. may seem hefty, but I am acne-prone and I noticed a difference in number of breakouts and the texture of my skin. Unlike other oily-skin cleansers, this cleanser did not dry out my skin or irritate it. You only needed a modest amount of product for your entire face and it was quite effective at removing makeup as well. If this product were still in store, I imagine that it would be a bestseller.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by vishs78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the travel size for a recent vacation and loved it!! It leaves my uber-oily face matte for much longer than other cleansers. It also leaves the face incredibly soft and smooth. The smell is wonderful!! I went ahead and ordered the regular size off ebay. As much as I love my LRP Effaclar foaming cleanser, I've decided that this one is perfect for summer. I can see it being a bit drying for winter though. Sucks that it is soo pricey!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I got this cleanser free when I brought the rice face moisturiser and I love the moisturiser but when you use it after the cleanser it's too dry for oily skin! I even did on its own it can dry you out and after using I tend to use a good moisturiser to put some oil back into my skin! I find that using this also made my skin more oily as it was trying to recover natural oils this cleanser had removed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by AudreyNgo

A "good job" product for combination to very oily skin. My skin is extremely oily with acne, blackheads and spots. Following Foaming Rice Cleanser, I'm using Purifying Rice Toner and Ultra Matte Face Fluid. After 2 years uses, my skin has been clearly improved: reduce oily, acne, blackheads and spots are dimmed and disappeared. Due to the effectiveness on my face, now, I'm using even for my back - same problems as my face skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product smelled kind of pleasant, but felt soapy, like a cheap, harsh ordinary hand soap. It dried out my dry skin and made it feel taut instantly afterwards. I've tried cleansers in Japan about 1/4 of this price that were actually decent. Gave it to my husband, who has oily skin; he actually likes it. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mariarre

Great product!!! controls brightness in my face. I tend to have a bit of acne and i can't tell you that it will control it... but after using very harsh chemicals in my face, this product is very refreshing!!!!!!!! would like to buy the mask and the hole package... good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Great product! It made my face clear right after the first use. My face doesn't have red and dry patches anymore. It made my pores smaller. In my opinion this is the best cleanser I ever tried BUT it is way too expensive for me so I am not sure I will repurchase.