August 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Pressed Olive

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really love this eye shadow. It such a pretty green color, and has the most beautiful gold sparkles in it! I have brown eyes and I love the way light green shadows look on brown eyes.
I used a cream green shadow underneath it, ELF's double sided eye liner/shadow stick, and put this shadow over it.
It is the end of the day and it still looks great! Slightly creased in the middle (mainly because of the cream stick) but it was only slightly and was easy to fix with just some dabbing of my finger. I just adore the glitter! It is so pretty.
I put it all over my top lide, and lined my botton lash line with it as well, and then put on black mascara and it looks devine :)
It is probably going to last me a long time, but I would definitely buy it again.

Oh and one more thing: I usually just buy EM's shadows in the travel sizes because they're cheaper than the mini's, and I don't want to spend full price on a shadow if I can't test it first. I usually don't like using the roller ball to apply the shadow, so instead I tap the container over a lid (like and EM blush lid) and some of the shadow falls through the applicator, which may even be better than the mini-sized shadows with the sifter because you have even more control of how much of the shadow you can dispense.

Two thumbs up! Pretty green shadows are hard to find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful color in the jar, looks light sage green to me with tons of golden warm sparkles. As others have mentioned there is not too much color pay off, but more tinted shimmer with this product. If you pack it on you can see its true green color, but it fades so quickly unless you apply it wet, or with a primer of some sort. I have never been able to wear too many greens or blues from regular pressed eyeshadow lines, but this green is so light and faint, its completely flattering to my green eye color and doesn't compete. I love this shadow, and if I ran out I would repurchase. I also plan on getting more blue/green shades from every day minerals because they are so fresh and every day wearable, not too crazy or loud.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pressed Olive is a mint color but it doesnt matter because there is no color payoff on this one. Only leaves behind a golden shimmer. I tried this on a damp brush and still no color, only shimmer. I think I'll save this one to mix with body lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

If you're looking for a nice, olive all-over lid color, this is NOT it. This one is SHINE-O-RAMA! Shimmer-city.

The picture of it looks so pretty....I use it over other greens and it works much better that way. I haven't tried to foil it.

So use this as an accent or highlight but not really an all-over lid color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this one. Granted yes, it is pretty much just shimmer used dry. When used wet though, it's a really pretty color. Pretty much true to the pot color. I love using this on the inner lid with bronze medal on the outer part, or with cypress in the crease. Mint concealer provides a similar color though, just matte.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer for the most part. I don't understand it's name the shade is nowhere near olive. It's a mint green with gold glitter in it and when applied the green is gone and ur left with scattered glitter. If I pack it on I get a hint of green which is usable i suppose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I am a fan of green-based eyeshadows and I generally like the quality of EM's eyeshadows but am so disappointed with Pressed Olive. It's considered a shimmer eyeshadow. It does have shimmer but there really isn't much color pay-off on my light skin.

It looks light green in the jar - similar to to the mint green concealer. But on my eyelids, it's quite sheer and I do see some shimmer but very little of the green color.