April 17, 2014 | 1891 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation oxidized horribly on my skin, and was transferring really bad. Maybe it's just because I live in a humid climate, but even using powder with this, it like melted off my face. However, the [full] coverage was very good and didn't look cakey. Packaging was nice as well, but this is a definite no for oily skin/humid environments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Wish they had it in rose clair 12 but rose natural 13 will do in the summer which is when I need a longer wearing foundation. Great coverage and lasts forever. Another winner. Btw I'm nw20, diorskin 022.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this today and I am not impressed. I tried it on one side, and my Chanel Mat Lumiere on the other, and I much preferred the Chanel side. I don't know if it's just because Chanel foundations work better for me than anything else, but I would like this guerlain one after my Chanels (I own three of their foundations). My skin is oily, sensitive, and I'm around an nc 40 I believe, so I got this in Beige Moyen 4. The color match was a tad too light maybe, but that could just be my eyes, or maybe it was just a little gray against my more golden skintone. The wear was pretty good the few hours I kept it on, but I just didn't like the look. My Mat Lumiere has just as much coverage but looks more natural, and it completely covers my pores. Sorry guys, this one was just kind of lackluster to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought I had already reviewed this since I've owned it for 2 years or so now. I'm so surprised everyone isn't raving about this.... Well, here goes. This is a full coverage, long lasting foundation with a beautiful skin like finish. Not too matte and no sparkles. Many foundations (liquid and powder) will oxidize in little orange dots on my chin but never this. Although it seems too liquiddy to cover - it does. Everything from my lovely broken caps on my cheeks, Rudolph nose and a stray zit or two and the redness leftover when they leave. At 39!!!! now I also have wrinkles and large pores to worry about and this doesn't settle or crease. Enough coverage for undereyes and I just pat on extra on anything that needs it as this is also my concealer. Whee! Yes, this will come off if you blow your nose and wear sunglasses. What doesn't? Even Maestro came off with my sunnies. I can be quite dry in places due to acids I use and oily in others and it just seems to work with whatever space I"m in that day. But, the best part of all is it applies beautifully with fingers. Fingers! Couldn't hate washing my BB more. Today I used my Armani brush and that was flawless, too. I just kind of bounced my fingers on top to smooth out any lines. LOVE LOVE LOVE. If you've got stuff to hide, this is your new BFF. FYI I wear 02 and it's a touch light for my lighter med skin. I set with some iteration of an HD powder (I own like 4) and spray with UD all nighter. Everyone must try this. And why not with Nordies free coming and going it's worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Theycallmekathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has been a week and I am in love with this ! LancĂ´me primer before applying this foundation . I usually use a stippling brush and apply pressed powder by YSL after . The feel is amazing , it feels like nothing . I'm asian & wearing beige 02 . It does get oily on the Tzone but it can be solved by blotting . If you have oily skin and you hate that cakey oily feeling and hate blotting & blotting then you should try this . This is what you pay for a good lasting foundation . No regrets ! I look forward applying this every morning ! :) happy girl x

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lylalies

I never considered my skin as being too sensitive, I mean, foundations usually never irritate my skin until this one. The fragrance might be the reason, it smells good (like roses I think), just like the Maxi Lash Mascara, and once on you can't really smell it anymore, but it seams it was enough for it being a bit irritating. The look of the foundation though is nice, is not heavy as long lasting foundations usually look and not completely matte which is good. Honestly, it didn't last longer than my other foundations (I have combination skin, normal and sometimes dehydrated in my cheeks but oily in the t-zone). On top of the irritation and the not so impressive lasting power, the shade was off, so it's not the foundation for me. I gave this to my sister though, who has normal skin, and she loves it. She doesn't have problems with the smell, it didn't broke her out, the coverage is good (it covers her acne scars and a few pimples), it lasts all day on her and it looks natural. So there's two opposite reactions to the same foundation. I wont repurchase but she definitely will.

The packaging is beautiful, a golden glass bottle, but somehow my sister was able to rub off the color and now is somewhere between gold and transparent. Still looking good, just not as good as when I bought it, the upside is now you can see how much product you have left. The price, finally, is high, so it depends if you do or don't mind spending that kind of money on a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Could it be true? A long wearing foundation that doesn't dry out my already dehydrated skin, doesn't look like a mask,and isn't dull and matte? It FINALLY is true! I should have known, if it was going to be done, Guerlain could and would pull it off! Usually I won't even go near a long wearing foundation because my face ends up a chalky matte roadmap of fine lines, but I had heard over and over how different this one was so I finally caved and tried it. I'm ecstatic that I did! I don't know how they do it, but it truly does have a kind of luminosity to it that gives my aging skin dimension and looks healthy even after setting. The coverage is medium but could easily be built up, and the consistency is watery compared to Parure Gold and Aqua. It blends easily though and doesn't accentuate fine lines at all! It's not drying to my skin at all and it looks so natural! I've been getting a good 9 hours of wear even when I work out, so it's completely worth the price. It's so convenient and easy...I don't even need to powder (but I rarely powder due to my dry skin) to make it stay put. It's liquid gold in my book! I am a Chanel Gentle Ivory or 20 clair, and the on,y downside is it does oxidize on me so I have to mix shades 1 and 2 to get a match. The packaging is classic Guerlain...sleek heavy glass that's not entirely travel friendly...but I'll let it slide since the formula is amazing! Finally a LW formula for gals like me who have dry skin and are beginning to age! Lovely!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Mommyandmore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

TEXTURE: Runny.

APPLICATION: I apply less than half a pump on the back of my hand and apply with my Giorgio Armani foundation brush. It blends in beautifully, covering my pores, and sets to a glowy but natural satin finish. This is not matte on me at all.

WEAR: My face tends to be flaky and extremely oily all at the same time. Although the SA at Saks told me a nice little story about how her friends wear this while playing golf and never get shiny for the entire day, I find that I'm shiny within an hour or two. This foundation does not flake off or disappear in patches. It does settle into my large pores around my nose by mid-afternoon and does settle into my fine lines, but that's only detectable if I'm standing close to a mirror in good lighting.

COMPARISON WITH MY PRIOR HG: Parure Extreme might be as good as it gets for now. (I say that in a despairing sort of way). I still think it is superior to the Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk that I had been using for years because the GA was getting really thick on my skin by the end of the day. I do blot fewer times with the Parure Extreme than with the GA Lasting Silk, but I'm still blotting 3-4 times between 9 AM and 6 PM. After 6 PM, I pretty much give up on trying to reign in the shine. The GA was also emphasizing all of the lines that have been appearing on my face in the last couple of years. I find that the Parure Extreme does settle into my laugh lines and into the tiny creases under my eyes.

SHADE: Stop reading now if you hate reading about how SAs make you feel bad about yourself. The SA at Saks color-matched me to 02 and then sent me home with 13 by mistake (13 made me look flushed/ruddy because it's pink). When I went back to the store, I tried 02 again and it really was too tan for me. I noticed that the SA had a lovely porcelain tone (which is what I was trying to achieve) so I asked her what shade she was wearing. She was wearing 01. When I asked her if maybe I could try that shade, she looked taken aback as if I had asked something really inappropriate, so I pretended that I had been joking. It wasn't until I had left the store (convinced that I had somehow offended the SA by suggesting that she hadn't colormatched me correctly) that I realized that the Guerlain counter simply did not have 01 available at the store and that the SA was trying to avoid telling me so that she'd make a sale. I ordered a tester of 01 on e-bay, and it actually is a much, much better match for my skin. The o2 would work if I got a tan but my skin will actually never get tanned (it does burn if I don't apply enough sunscreen but I'm very pale with freckles). I've never been color matched by MAC, but I wore Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk in shade 4 for years even though it too was too dark for me. I guess that means I'm close to NC15 since I've read that NC10 doesn't exist.

USE WITH PRIMERS AND POWDERS: Many of the primers that work for other women that describe themselves as oily (Hourglass, all the various types of Smashbox, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Tarte, Korres, etc.) do not work for me. Right now I'm using Sheseido Anessa Perfect UV sunscreen as a base and it actually works pretty well. I'm using Chanel powder on top, but I'm not that happy with the Chanel powder since it feels heavy. I have to admit that this current combination does look very smooth and youthful--much better than anything else I've tried.

CONCLUSION: Color match is not perfect, oil control could be vastly improved, but it seems to be better than anything else out there as of March 2013. I do as much research as I can about other long-wearing foundations; unfortunately, I'm left feeling like the HG foundation for me simply has not been concocted yet. I'll continue wearing this until I find a better one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by RoxMcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first, very nice packaging, smells very fresh and clean. However the packaging migh be quite problematic when it comes to an end, you wont be able to get it all out. The consistency is quite runny, definitely more than you expect in full coverage foundation. The application is easy and smooth, i recommend about two pump for the whole face apllied with fingers and spread with flat foundation brush. At first gives quite mooth, matte finish. Although the coverage isnt full, i would say its more moderate. Doesnt quite cover bags under eyes or blemishes. Also it isnt really buildable, its better to cover the imperfaction with concealer. Producer says it isnt necessary to use powder over the foundation, however i would say for oily/combination skin it will be absolutely impossible without powder cos it will melt off. On my skin which is quite oily and acne prone it stayed matte for about 3-4hours and started to shine in t zone. It is quite long lasting and doesnt transfer or rub off much on clothes etc.
Overall:
Coverage - more moderate than full, concealer will ne necessary to cover major blemishes and under eye bags
Finish - Smooth and matte, however powder is needed to prevent shining and touch ups after few hours
Lasting - stays on for about 8 hours, doesnt rub off on transfer on clothes

Generally its a good product but i dont think its worth the price cos you can achieve similar effect with Estee Lauder Double Wear or Mac Studio Fix for less. Lots of mattifying foundation cause break outs, this one doesnt and even improve skin condition slightly. I would recommend it for oily/combination skin which needs moderate cover. But it wont be covering enough for people with major imperfactions such as acne scars and impigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin: oily to combo, acne scaring, acne, blemishes, uneven skintone

So, I came to Douglas with intention of buying Estee Lauder's Double Wear 01 Fresco 2N2. The SA showed me ELDW foundation, but when I started explaining my problems (oily skin, foundation "slips" from my face within 5 hrs) she said: "Oh, let me show you a foundation that will be like an answer for your problems! it has two different polymers that will absorb any excess on you skin's surface". Since I never thought about buying a Gurlain, and the thought about two polymers sounded very appealing, I asked her to clean my face and apply the Parure Extreme 02.
The finish of this foundation is slightly dewy, very healthy and natural. No blemishes are visible, as well as minor acne and acne scars. Beautiful soft and not dehydrated finish (conpared to ELDW). I have to note I haven't used/bought ELDW but tried.
So a huge plus. I bought it because the price between GPE and ELDW was pretty the same.

So now a brief review:
- non-transparent: hmmm..., definately it can come off while being cheek-to-cheek with your boyfriend. Or using a tissue when having a runny nose.I would say it is transparent! I heard ELDW is really non transparent and therefore if you sleep with it on your face the whole night it won't come off.
- staying power up to 8 hrs - long staying power my ass! 5 hrs max and then it is super visible to everyone that your having foundation (cracks in some dryer parts, ie nose area; visible pores, hyper shine). Those polymers aren't doing anything! (I don't use a setting powder since I like the finish). And when I say up to 5 hrs it is because I have a sedentary lifstyle, I don't dare to think what would be the SP if I did something with more energy!
- color: the color section and the colors itself are not an A+. Mine is not the perfect match but an ok one. It is slightly too peachy orange but by time passes ( up to 30 mins) it is unoticable. The color doesn't oxidize at all!!
- after putting on, you instantly have the most beautiful, most hydrated and most soft skin EVER. It radiates a healthy complexion and looks dewy (not to dewy, tho). Perfect!
- and it comes with a pump (great!), and the bottle looks realy pricey and nice

For the price of 5 times greater then a drugstore foundation, I expected more. It should have a longer staying power and it should be non-transparent for at least 8 hours

EDIT:
I stopped using it. The color match is horrible. I used to wear this foundation for nights out because the color doesn't match me. The 02 is too beige, while I have yellow undertones.