October 21, 2014 | 865 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Guerlain foundations but this one took a little working out to get it right, I have been using this in alternation over the last 18 months with other foundations but find I do reach for this one often.

My skin is NC15 and I have this in 01 Beige Pale - this is a good colour match for me even though it is a tad darker than the LDP foundation in the same shade.

Parure Extreme is easily build-able, blends in nicely and gives a nice medium coverage with a nice healthy skin look. I found applying this foundation with a damp BB or RT sponge it just did not have the staying power. Also the RT Expert Face Brush was not good with this formula as left streaks.

The best application I find is to use about 1.5 - 2 pumps, warm up in my hand, dot on and blend with a flat top or slanted flat top, I find Sigma and Sedona Lace brushes good and blends beautifully and evenly. So sure any similar brushes would work fine - I often just give my brush a quick spray with rosewater or fix plus to ever so slightly dampen and think this helps to get the application looking flawless as once blended it melds into the skin so well.

I have tried so many different powders to set this foundation but find it actually looks much better with no powder, lasts really well, but does still need to be blotted every few hours on my normal/combo skin. A lot of the powders I tried actually oxidised this foundation. If I'm going out at night I love the look of this foundation with Meteorites Balls in Teint Rose lightly brushed over - for a bit more glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have LdP and got Parure Extreme since I am looking for a long-lasting foundation to wear under a mask (which I wear most of the day at work in a dental office). The 03 shade in PE appeared just a hair darker to me than LdP and like LdP, it is housed in a heavy glass bottle that is opaqued with gold tint so you really can't tell how much is in it.

Coverage is on the full side of medium, you have to work fast as it dries relatively quickly. I much prefer the finish and feel of LdP which was a terrific foundation for me except for the shade (a bit pink). PE felt heavier, more drying. It did last better, didn't transfer as much to my mask and kept shine at bay for about 5 hours. It was still on the pink side for me, with my SE Asian, yellow skin tone. It would be suitable for more neutral undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Another great Guerlain foundation!

The consistency is kind of watery and runny but the coverage is good enough without looking cakey and unnatural. Lasts all day, even when the weather is hot and humid. Don't forget to shake the bottle before using it because that can make a difference. I use this foundation without powder to maintain the natural look and glow. Another tip is to apply it with your fingers instead of a foundation brush to get the best results. Almost every foundation makes me break out and increases the oilyness of my skin but this one hasn't done that so far and I have been using it for quite a while now.The bottle is simple yet stylish and the hygienic pump is another pro.

Very pricey but other than that almost perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

This foundation oxidized horribly on my skin, and was transferring really bad. Maybe it's just because I live in a humid climate, but even using powder with this, it like melted off my face. However, the [full] coverage was very good and didn't look cakey. Packaging was nice as well, but this is a definite no for oily skin/humid environments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Wish they had it in rose clair 12 but rose natural 13 will do in the summer which is when I need a longer wearing foundation. Great coverage and lasts forever. Another winner. Btw I'm nw20, diorskin 022.

UPDATE: rose natural 13 equates to my summer nw25 complexion, but doesn't hold up in sweaty humid warmth. Looks luminous, full coverage, smells awesome... But looks like an oil slick and melts off in patches :/ Will use for a night out in summertime when I won't be getting too hot.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this today and I am not impressed. I tried it on one side, and my Chanel Mat Lumiere on the other, and I much preferred the Chanel side. I don't know if it's just because Chanel foundations work better for me than anything else, but I would like this guerlain one after my Chanels (I own three of their foundations). My skin is oily, sensitive, and I'm around an nc 40 I believe, so I got this in Beige Moyen 4. The color match was a tad too light maybe, but that could just be my eyes, or maybe it was just a little gray against my more golden skintone. The wear was pretty good the few hours I kept it on, but I just didn't like the look. My Mat Lumiere has just as much coverage but looks more natural, and it completely covers my pores. Sorry guys, this one was just kind of lackluster to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought I had already reviewed this since I've owned it for 2 years or so now. I'm so surprised everyone isn't raving about this.... Well, here goes. This is a full coverage, long lasting foundation with a beautiful skin like finish. Not too matte and no sparkles. Many foundations (liquid and powder) will oxidize in little orange dots on my chin but never this. Although it seems too liquiddy to cover - it does. Everything from my lovely broken caps on my cheeks, Rudolph nose and a stray zit or two and the redness leftover when they leave. At 39!!!! now I also have wrinkles and large pores to worry about and this doesn't settle or crease. Enough coverage for undereyes and I just pat on extra on anything that needs it as this is also my concealer. Whee! Yes, this will come off if you blow your nose and wear sunglasses. What doesn't? Even Maestro came off with my sunnies. I can be quite dry in places due to acids I use and oily in others and it just seems to work with whatever space I"m in that day. But, the best part of all is it applies beautifully with fingers. Fingers! Couldn't hate washing my BB more. Today I used my Armani brush and that was flawless, too. I just kind of bounced my fingers on top to smooth out any lines. LOVE LOVE LOVE. If you've got stuff to hide, this is your new BFF. FYI I wear 02 and it's a touch light for my lighter med skin. I set with some iteration of an HD powder (I own like 4) and spray with UD all nighter. Everyone must try this. And why not with Nordies free coming and going it's worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Theycallmekathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has been a week and I am in love with this ! Lancôme primer before applying this foundation . I usually use a stippling brush and apply pressed powder by YSL after . The feel is amazing , it feels like nothing . I'm asian & wearing beige 02 . It does get oily on the Tzone but it can be solved by blotting . If you have oily skin and you hate that cakey oily feeling and hate blotting & blotting then you should try this . This is what you pay for a good lasting foundation . No regrets ! I look forward applying this every morning ! :) happy girl x

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lylalies

I never considered my skin as being too sensitive, I mean, foundations usually never irritate my skin until this one. The fragrance might be the reason, it smells good (like roses I think), just like the Maxi Lash Mascara, and once on you can't really smell it anymore, but it seams it was enough for it being a bit irritating. The look of the foundation though is nice, is not heavy as long lasting foundations usually look and not completely matte which is good. Honestly, it didn't last longer than my other foundations (I have combination skin, normal and sometimes dehydrated in my cheeks but oily in the t-zone). On top of the irritation and the not so impressive lasting power, the shade was off, so it's not the foundation for me. I gave this to my sister though, who has normal skin, and she loves it. She doesn't have problems with the smell, it didn't broke her out, the coverage is good (it covers her acne scars and a few pimples), it lasts all day on her and it looks natural. So there's two opposite reactions to the same foundation. I wont repurchase but she definitely will.

The packaging is beautiful, a golden glass bottle, but somehow my sister was able to rub off the color and now is somewhere between gold and transparent. Still looking good, just not as good as when I bought it, the upside is now you can see how much product you have left. The price, finally, is high, so it depends if you do or don't mind spending that kind of money on a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Could it be true? A long wearing foundation that doesn't dry out my already dehydrated skin, doesn't look like a mask,and isn't dull and matte? It FINALLY is true! I should have known, if it was going to be done, Guerlain could and would pull it off! Usually I won't even go near a long wearing foundation because my face ends up a chalky matte roadmap of fine lines, but I had heard over and over how different this one was so I finally caved and tried it. I'm ecstatic that I did! I don't know how they do it, but it truly does have a kind of luminosity to it that gives my aging skin dimension and looks healthy even after setting. The coverage is medium but could easily be built up, and the consistency is watery compared to Parure Gold and Aqua. It blends easily though and doesn't accentuate fine lines at all! It's not drying to my skin at all and it looks so natural! I've been getting a good 9 hours of wear even when I work out, so it's completely worth the price. It's so convenient and easy...I don't even need to powder (but I rarely powder due to my dry skin) to make it stay put. It's liquid gold in my book! I am a Chanel Gentle Ivory or 20 clair, and the on,y downside is it does oxidize on me so I have to mix shades 1 and 2 to get a match. The packaging is classic Guerlain...sleek heavy glass that's not entirely travel friendly...but I'll let it slide since the formula is amazing! Finally a LW formula for gals like me who have dry skin and are beginning to age! Lovely!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No