July 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Fantasy Makers Nail Color in Black Magic

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is basically an opaque black cream based polish with very fine and sparse gold and silver glitter particles. I wish there were more glitter particles so that the effect could be more pronounced because it is very pretty. From a distance your nails will look like they just got on plain polish but if you look up close you will see the pretty glitters. This would be great with something like Essie As Gold As It Gets over it since it will enhance the gold shimmers in the polish. It takes two coats to reach full opacity and the brush is very rubbish. Mine was slightly frayed out at the ends and sort of bulky in an odd way but I was still able to get a clean application with some effort. It also takes longer to dry than your better polishes like OPI and such so take care not to nick it even in the slightest bit until you get your quick dry top coat on for five minutes and they're dry to the touch. I would not be able to use this if I didn't use a good quick dry nail polish on top. I could tell that otherwise they would take forever to dry. Other than that I like this color quite a bit and if you can get your hands on it I would recommend it just because its a nice spin on the traditional black and just quite a nice black in general. Also helps that its at a great price point. I think most reviewers are describing the color Black Pearl, which has the multi-color bar glitters in it whereas Black Magic has fine copper and silver glitters.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty, funky, fun color. Great alone or as a top coat. Too bad it's only a seasonal color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Butter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally don't like bars of glitter or anything like that in my nail polish, but it looked pretty in the bottle. I like holographic stuff, and the clear base makes it wearable. It was less than $1.50. It does tend to chip, but thankfully it's not too noticeable.

The packaging is ugly, but I don't care about that really.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sleepyhead2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh yeah, this polish is like a party on your nails. I am wearing 2 coats of this on top of Stella, and it looks so pretty. This would look great over any color. It is a multi colored, rainbow strands of confetti glitter. This look is really fun and I have already gotten compliments on it. Who doesn't love that? I got this at rite aid for super cheap, 2.99, but I would pay triple that for this polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

black magic is a multi-color strand-like glitter in a sheer gray/black base. on the nail the base is pretty much clear so it's great as a top coat which is what i use it for. right now i have it on my toes over a pale creme bubble-gum pink, super cute. i've seen it used over pastels and black and it looks great. very versatile, great for the price. i love the tombstone cap and the rectangular shape of the bottle. i wish they made more colors in this bottle besides the three. application is great, the glitter is pretty dense so you can get by with one coat if you're just using it for a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I LOVE THIS POLISH!! I've always been a black NP person, but I love color on my nails and I'm a freak for glitter so basically this has all 3 wrapped up in one! This is such a pretty polish!! Its got a black/grey looking base in the bottle but when you apply it it goes on mostly clear so its best used as a top coat over black or another dark polish (I'm wearing mine over grey right now) and it has tons of rainbow confetti glitter. One coat gives a good amount of glitter but i think 2 coats looks the best! I'm not sure if these are LE but I bought this for $2 and I think I'm gonna go buy another just in case it is LE. Oh and the bottle is sooo cute and Halloween-y with the RIP tombstone bottle cap!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by NailPolishAddict9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very fun, with the little strands of metallic colors. Great to top over polishes! I'm saving this for mardi gras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This polish is a Halloween release from WnW. It comes packaged in the tombstone top bottle w/RIP on the lid - very cute and fun. As with the glow in the dark polish from WnW the brush in this bottle seems to be slightly wider, more along the lines of OPI's Prowide brush, but not as wide. This is a clear based polish w/shards of blue, gold, purple, red, turquoise, green, orange and pink glitter. It is quite festive look - applies nicely & provides lots of glittery goodness. Perfect when you want a little over the top look. This is a fun, inexpensive polish - $1.99 per bottle and I would purchase again should I ever run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really cute Halloween polish from Wet N' Wild. Adorable packaging-the bottle is in the shape of a tombstone with "RIP" on the lid! I had to have it! This is small string glitter in rainbow colors, unique and super fun. Applies great for something so dirt cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

This is a new one on last year. I love these little shreds on multi-colored glitter. I see myself using this far past halloween. The staying power is average, so layer a top coat over it.