August 1, 2014 | 994 users online

Toners - Boots - Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by morganevan29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite thing about this is it rounds out my cleansing regimen but super GENTLY.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I needed to add a toner to my skin regimen and I was looking for a gentle sort, one that doesn't contain an astringent like witch hazel or alcohol as these would just be an over kill for my daily skin care routine.

(I use cold cream to remove eye & face make up, then a warm towel to remove the product which is followed by a cream cleanser/scrub from Neutrogena that has salicylic acid, but I am VERY gentle with both towel and cleanser. I have oily-combo skin, acne-proned so I have to remove every stitch of make up. Anything left over will result into an angry bump the next morning and so on. I also use a low dosage of Retinol every other day to improve the look of my skin as I still suffer from residual acne scars).

I'm VERY happy with this toner, I can feel that it immediately adds moisture BACK into my skin but removes any possible traces of make up--ensuring clean skin! The price cannot be beaten at around $5 w/ tax from Target. SO inexpensive! I highly recommend giving this a shot if you're looking for a moisturizing toner!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by popnote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this as a replacement for Estee Lauder's original Perfectly Clean toner after it was discontinued. For about a week, this seemed pretty good, but then, I started having more blemishes, and my skin never really felt all that clean. Nothing was coming up on the cotton pad, but it was like there was a film of some sort on my skin.

I can see how it would be good for those with dry skin, as it is very non-drying and gentle, but I guess I'll keep looking for a new toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't used a toner in such a long time, and the last one I used was really harsh and drying. Probably loaded up with alcohol and/or witch hazel. I picked this up after doing some reading about skin care and learning what toner was actually for. This feels just like water on the skin, so at first I was disappointed and thought it wasn't doing anything. But everyday, even on days when I'm wearing very little makeup or cleanse my skin well, it removes more dirt or makeup that I missed. The spout is large and more will come out than I need on the cotton pad, but the price is low enough that it's ok to waste a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by LovelyEli535

I love love love this toner. I used the Clinique toner (not sure of the name anymore) when I was a teenager. All I remember about the product was it stung and dried out my skin. I vowed to never use toner again. I ended up purchasing this due to Missglamorazzi (the YouTube guru). She had mentioned in one of her videos that is was good dupe to Bioderma. Since I heard so many great things about Bioderma I decided to try the Boots version. It feels just like water on the skin. I noticed that it pretty much just prepares my skin for my moisturizer. I use it after I wash my face both day and night. It removes all the excess makeup and dirt after washing my face and just feels very refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Hillsad10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in the market for a new toner and had been doing a bit of research, I was pretty much set on Thayers rosewater toner..until they were out of stock when I went to purchase it. Then I found myself at target and had vaguely remembered hearing someone was happy with this toner so being $4 I picked it up. I hadn't even checked the reviews on here which made me a bit nervous but I was so happy to come home and read a lot of positive reviews! I'm really happy with the toner thus far! I used to use an AHAVA toner which I was pretty happy with too. This one is so so SO gentle but yet it does the job it's intended for! Really nothing to lose if you're iffy about giving this a chance. Only reason I took off some points for the packaging is because it has a pretty large spout so sometimes if I'm in a hurry I use too much, but that's my own fault!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must be on about my 10th bottle of this.This is just a basic no frills, fragrance free alcohol free and witch hazel free toner, no artificial colours or dyes either. It's excellent to use after cleansing just to make sure everything is removed. A lot of toners contain antioxidants etc these days. But I use an antioxidant rich serum followed by a moisturiser loaded with beneficial ingredients, so personally I don't feel the need in a toner as well.If like me all you want is a basic toner , you won't get any better than this.Here in the uk this is now known as simply sensitive,it's the same product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is a great toner for the price, especially considering how difficult it is to find toners without alcohol, fragrance and/or witch hazel. I have combo/oily skin with what I believe is a precursor to rosacea (my mom and grandma had it; I have lots of redness over my entire face but no "breakouts"). Keep in mind that this is extremely gentle and you probably won't "feel" it tighten up your pores like you would with most toners. The only reason I won't be buying it again is because I'm mercilessly cutting out any product that shows any signs of being irritating, and this does sting a touch for about 30 seconds after I use it. But I do think it's worth anyone giving it a try. There's nothing in the ingredients that's an irritant, this is just my own skin's reaction to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I wanted a basic toner that was fragrance free and gentle without extra ingredients like salicylic acid, retinol etc. (I prefer using skin treatments in a different base than a toner) After some research I bought Boots. at Drugstore dot com for $4 bucks for six ounce bottle. Target also sells this for about $5.00.

ESGT removes cosmetic residue without leaving my skin feeling stripped. It is very soothing. The ingredients are simple but non irritating. No alcohol or witch hazel! I even use this around my eye area, really feel that all skin types could use this. I accidentally put two in my cart when I ordered and I'm so glad I did. I have the extra in a spray bottle in the fridge and it feels refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jelliedashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I purchased it on the 3 for 2 offers in boots. The packaging is plain but nice. It is a very watery consistancy, but I usually put 3 dabs onto a cotton pad and then its fine to put on. It just works really well without being harsh on my skin :-) Removes all traces of cleanser and left over make up, just great! And very cheap too :-) Yay"!