October 21, 2014 | 2095 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - True Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lizknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had this in the berry version, I used it all through 6th grade. I think it's discontinued because I'm in 9th grade now in I still haven't been able to find it again. It had the most amazing smell ever the taste was the best and the color pay off was great, not the most moisturizing on the chapstick brand but it's decent. I would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by amaranth7704

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Chapstick Peppermint Rush True Shimmer, and it was an ok product. And by the way, I believe this product has been discontinued. I like the smell, its kind of like the Burt's Bees classic beeswax lip balm. Its minty smelling, and when I put it on, its cooling. The bad part is that I usually put on 2 or some layers because I have fat lips, but when I did that with this lip balm, my lips began to look blueish whitish. That's not good. And when I apply it, it's a little hard to get it on, put it feels great because it's smooth when you actually work it into your lips. There is a noticeable shimmer, like really tiny glitter pieces, which I don't like, but some do. The packaging is ok. I mostly only like the way it smells and the cooling feeling on my lips.

EDIT:
This thing sucks. I put it on at night, and the next morning, it's still there and my lips are peeling off in tiny sheets. No, just no.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Junwwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this Chapstick in the berry version. I was hoping for a good tinted lip balm and this falls short of my expectations. First is the scent, which I find is very fake and sickeningly sweet and waxy. Another con is the shimmer, which I find makes my lips look paler rather than redder. There's a lot more shimmer than color, making this more like a frosted lip color instead of a lightly red, shimmery tinted one. In terms of moisturization it's only average, but not terrible. The lasting power isn't great though. I won't buy this again because there are much better tinted lip balms out there that won't make your lips look frosted (unless that's what you're going for).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by MidnightPurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yummy I have this in tropical and the scent is really nice and sweet. It's clear with shimmer and makes my lips look and feel amazing. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bellaonabudget

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so excited to finally see a Tropical flavored Chapstick. Unfortunately, this particular purchase has been a letdown. The shimmer in this product is silverish and cool, which made my lips look gray and corpse-like. Another demerit is due to the formula’s grainy texture – you can actually feel the glitter on your lips and it doesn’t seem as moisturizing as regular Chapstick. The glitter also tends to settle in the lip lines which can make you look even weirder.

However, the tropical scent is very nice and if they produced this flavor with the regular Chapstick formula I would probably be a big fan. Sadly, for the extra money I spent on this product, I was disappointed. One of the great luxuries of Chapstick is that you can slap it on and go; but this requires a peep in the mirror to make sure you don’t look like the undead. Proceed with caution.

I purchased this item for $3.29 in CVS.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

I hate it.. I bought it in botanical bery and the tropical flavor, they don't mosturize at all and are too frosty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Turned my lips blue, not a fan. Looked like the walking dead just come from the night club.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I had this in Botanical Berry. The way this applied on me was very similar to the Nivea Pearl and Shine lip-balm. FROSTY! The shimmer was too much and gave a slight white cast on my lips. Gross! Luckily it didn't cost much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by alee26

Well this was a mistake! I brought this on a whim because it was on sale at my supermarket. I was hoping for it to be a light shimmer but it comes off slightly frosty looking on me. It also feels waxy and uncomfortable on my lips. I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

This product is not moisturizing for me at all. I have it in Botanical Berry. The only thing good about it is the smell. I wanted this to be nourishing for the lips but it actually makes my lips more dried and likely to crack. Also the shimmers and glitters are not flattering at all.