December 21, 2014 | 1757 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Pour11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: Soft for sensitive skin. Dense to pack on lots of color. Great for on the go. The only cons: hard to wash and the aluminum case dents easy (that may effect the use of the brush)

TIP: Buy on sale if this is not the type of brush u will use lots. Never the less. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by CKT19

This is an amazing brush - I've had two (actually) for almost a year and they're both still going strong. I take one with me everywhere to touch up my pressed powder, and I have the other one on my dresser for use with my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer. This brush works beautifully for both types of make-up. I fortunately have not had the same problem of the brush falling apart that some other reviewers have had, so I can't speak to that issue. That being said, a few hairs have fallen out here and there - but that's the worst damage this brush has shown. I don't have the one pictured - mine both have bronze casing (not sure if this is maybe an updated version?). I would highly recommend. It's cost-friendly, convenient and effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ditzygrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So disappointed. The brush itself is good but after using this less than FIVE TIMES, the brush literally came apart! I can't even roll it up anymore!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft, high-quality bristles and it's a great travel size, but after a year or two the base of the brush fell off and I lost it. I can still retract the brush and cover it, but the brush also started smelling kind of dank and musty after a while. I'll probably spring for another kabuki since it's been several years...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very soft. Very dense. Perfect for applying powders and bronzers. Mine is already "broken" but the handle is still attached to the bristles so I may just glue it back in to the retractable tube when I get a chance. So, while it's not very well-made, it's still effective for makeup jobs. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the softest most dense kabuki for this price! I had a coup and it turned out to be $2!!! It's usually only like $7 though. I purchased it to use with bare minerals. The bare minerals brush is utter crap. It's scratchy as heck - try buffing sandpaper into your skin - and sheds like no other. This brush is SO SOFT! Doesn't shed. I also like short handled kabukis but that's a personal preference. It applies just the perfect amount of bare mins and you can buff away to your hearts content without exfoliating your face raw! I don't travel w my brush but that's a nice feature. Coming next is my review of the bare minerals themselves. So far so good although not my fave. But if I stop using that product, I will DEF still use this brush!!! For any powder product... It's better than so many $$$ brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by SmillaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush is great! I grabbed it at my local Woolworths and I think it was quite cheap so I wasn't expecting much but I'm super impressed with it. The bristles are very soft and packed very densely and they don't fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by missgray10

Yeah I really like this brush - perfect width/breadth and perfect for put bronzer or even blusher or or using it to buff products into the skin. Great to keep in handbag and does its job nicely! Although synthetic brush it picks up the product really well and smoothly and it is soft. Haven't tried washing it yet - but hopefully it will retain its shape and texture after this. I bought this on offer so the price was brilliant - think it might be more expensive to buy this on standard retail price. I bought mine in brown and I real like the colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethJanePickup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really annoyed. My Kabuki brush has broken after only two days of use. Completely unuseable as the casing has come unglued. Grrrrrrrr!

update: returned to the shop and got a replacement which has been working fine. Pleased to say I am back on track with ecotools and also purchased the foundation brush which is really good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I freaking love this brush! Although, I don't have the silver one pictured. Mine is a shiny brown/bronzy color. I use this brush every single day for smoothing out pressed powder and applying blush and bronzers. I carry it everyday in my makeup bag. With that said mine kinda fell apart lol. I've had it for a while and I'm not the most gentle person so no big. It's still very usable just no travel or retractable anything going on haha. Flawless application of anything in powder form. The bristles are soft but tightly packed in there so you get a nice dense brush. For $7 or $8 you just can't pass this up. I got mine at Wal-Mart. And it works well for mineral makeup too.