Ecotools retractable kabuki

4.6

on 8/24/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I had been hearing raving reviews about ecotools and so I went to my nearest Walmart and bought a kabuki brush. I was surprised at how soft and how well the brush picked up my blush and powder and I loved how adorable the compact design was. However, when I tried to open it again this morning the metal came off the base! I got a look into glue inside used to keep the bristles together and it was old, yellow, and unevenly applied. I'm now looking for a safe glue to reinforce the glue on the bristles before gluing the metal back on the base but at this point in time I'm looking for an equivalent product just in case this one breaks on me and I don't think I'll repurchase it. (Which is sad because it's an amazing brush and brand new, I just bought it yesterday!)

EDIT: I was able to simple stick the base back on without any glue or further fuss. I love the way this brush blends out my makeup. Even if I do not see this brush lasting extremely long I have yet to find another kabuki brush as nice as the Ecotool one and if broken I would probably repurchase at this point.

on 8/19/2015 2:39:00 AM

It's so soft, so pretty, so classy and works a dream! It picks up a lot of powder, so I would recommend a light hand, and dab off excess. Lovely product, and that it's from such a good company with good morals was my main draw, but it works better than any high end brand does! My MAC brushes are untouched now! Also better than Real Techniques.

on 8/17/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brush is amazing!! I've had it for almost a year and havnt had any problems with it. Never once has it shed even one bristle. It's so soft and dense, it buffs on your foundation perfectly and evenly. I love how it retracts and still keeps it's shape. This brush is great and not expensive compared to morphe brushes or mac. I would recommend this brush to anyone! 5 stars for sure.

on 6/21/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

best travel brush, bunny tail soft, I use it to reapply mineral or powder foundation during the day because with my oily skin at some point of the day I just need to blot and reapply some sort of foundation, specially during the summer. I could use it for liquid foundation by pulling the ferrule up and thus making it more dense. I was wondering today how could I lived without it, this is always in my touch-up kit. I wish ecotools would make a retractable blush brush as soft as this one but less dense and smaller for touch ups, that would make my day.

on 5/22/2015 6:41:00 PM

Fell apart!!

on 5/1/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this brush to use with my rimmel stay matte pressed powder as it doesn't come with an form of applicator and this is absolutely perfect for travelling with you. I've always disliked carrying makeup brushes with me that aren't protected or left along side other items which then get dirty from residual product coming off the brush so I LOVE the retractable brush. When you take the cap off the brush is immediately exposed, ready to use and the only shedding I've experienced was during the first use. Since then this brush has been intact and super soft, perfect for setting my face with powder and very reasonably priced for a kabuki brush. I would have given this a higher rating if it wasn't for the hassle I have putting the cap back on. The tube is stiff which I guess isn't the end of the world, but is a little annoying. All in all, a really good option in my opinion.

cheap and cute, but started losing bristles immediately! not sure if i just got a dud since other people don't seem to notice this. anyway, i doubt this brush will last long. super-soft and fluffy if you like that, but personally I like bristles a bit stiffer for more thorough buffing powder foundations.

on 1/13/2015 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this brush, I've used it for years. I use it when I'm applying my finishing powder. It picks up the product really well and distributes evenly. It's really inexpensive too.

on 12/27/2014 11:38:00 PM

Oh my gosh I love this brush! I only recently got this and I adore it already. It is so so so soft and perfect for on the go because you don't need to worry about it getting dirty. It's great for all over powder, blush and an all over bronzed glow. Definitely recommend to anyone as its amazing, great quality and very inexpensive

on 12/27/2014 7:13:00 PM

This brush is AMAZING. I took this on a trip out of state and used it for powder, blush, highlighter, etc. It's a wonderful multipurpose brush with super soft bristles. The aluminum tube is really great, and it actually stays together in my bag. I am a big fan of companies who are eco-friendly, and EcoTools products are the best. Great quality for a very reasonable price.

Popular Makeup Brushes