November 28, 2014 | 1259 users online

Lipstick - Savvy by DB - Lipstick in Coral Crush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Min90

Very happy with this purchase! I've never really had the courage to go for a bright lipstick, but when I came across this I thought 'What the heck?!' and threw it in the basket. If it looks terrible, oh well, it was only a couple $$!
Well the colour looks great on (I have fair skin & hair, mind you)! It's not quite orange, nor is it quite red. It's the perfect balance of the two. I found the texture creamy, but it did dry out rather fast - however! Even though the lipstick went dry, the colour stayed! I put it on in the car after I finished shopping (couldn't wait to get home!), and the pigment stayed right up until dinner time several hours after. I was very impressed! Next time I'm near a Priceline I will definitely be picking up a few more of these lovelies.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by MsBloodyFallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Savvy by DB is a cheap Australian brand, made in China - and this is where I am a bit hesitant on using the lipsticks. I would not recommend using this lipstick and find a better, safer and slightly more dearer priced product because of where it was made, how it was and what it was made of.

I got the Magenta, Coral and Hot Pink shades because Priceline was having a huge sale on this makeup brand. Pigmentation was amazing and I really like to use lipsticks as a light colour shade/stain for my lips. Like I said before, I threw these cheap products out because they were probably made in sweat shops in China - and I'm just a Chinese teen girl so don't quote me on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by aegyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was actually intending to purchase FOA lippie in Coral Bay, but Priceline were out of that shade so I ended up with this instead. Fair to say I'm not regretting it at all! It's such a gorgeous colour, not too orange but not too red, that just perks up my face everytime I put it on. It's bright but not neon blinding 'aaaargh' like my MAC Morange - I'd totally rock this everyday. It has a slight shimmer to it, but it's only evident on closeup - it's not what I'd term a true frost (I know that term frightens people, me included, but sometimes lipstick swatches differently that it looks on the lip). It reminds me of NYX lipsticks in regards to formula and wear - not to mention the price (and I got it on a B2G1F deal so rounded out it was even less!). No discernible scent or taste which is a plus in my book. The only bad thing is now I know for a fact I'm never going to be able to go past a Savvy stand without buying something...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I was contemplating getting this or Revlons new colourburst in coral, but for $20 cheaper at only $5, I obviously chose this. The pigmentation isn't as strong but it's a beautiful formula and a very nice colour. These are really high quality products for such a small amount and come next pay day, I am so investing in some more!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by silverflame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gotta say - for the $5 I dropped on this little baby I am the most happy customer in the world.

I have been searching for this colour (had in my mind a orangey/ corally red) and happened upon this while browsing through Priceline.

EXACTLY what I was after, brightens up my whole face, perfectly acceptable staying power - LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 5:43:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Savvy by DB is a cheap range of cosmetics available at Priceline Pharmacies in Australia. They are currently revamping the whole range, and some Priceline stores already have some of the new line in, but not all of the new products. There is a new range of lip products, but the lipsticks are the same range of colours as before. Coral Crush is a frosted orange in a creamy moisturising formula. It doesn't have great staying power, but at $5AU what do you expect. At least it will never dry your lips out, and at less than half the price of Maybelline or Cover Girl lippies, you can afford to reapply regularly.
The colours are great fun and there is decent range to choose from. The rest of the range is pretty decent. I have used their liquid foundation, eye pencils, lipgloses and lipliners and been happy with all of them. The new range of products will include both loose and pressed mineral foundations at only $10 each and as soon as I have had a chance to try them out I will be reviewing them.