Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation

Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation

2.7

MICA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ /-: IRON OXIDE (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

on 5/31/2012 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this in the 2nd shade up- soft beige. Im a NC 30 in mac. The colour is a bit orangey on me, the lighter shade is too light on me.
The brush I'd good for application.
I feel my skin quite dry if I put too much on. Probably would try something else.

on 4/17/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

wow, this could almost be sold as a shimmer powder, the shimmer is crazy apparent. I have soft beige and it's way too orangey when applied.

on 3/12/2011 12:20:00 PM

I use a darker shade as a bronzer. After two hours, it's gone. If I only use this for bronzer, how would it work if I used it for my whole entire face. The good thing about this is when it smears off, it doesn't make your face oily or leave streaks. I wouldn't necessary buy this again, but I do recomment the Rimmel Sta Matte Face Powder. It's a good matte powder to keep your makeup last longer. I put this after I put my mascara on, and my mascara doesn't smudge at the end of the day.

on 2/21/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

** My skin is fair and neutral and I used this in #100 [Ivory]. The ivory shade's of Rimmel's liquid foundations are too dark for me, but this was a good match **

My first impressions of Rimmel's LASTING FINISH MINERALS powder foundation were all good; Good enough to buy some. The powder melted seamlessly into my skin, the coverage was very even, it didn't cluster around dry patches of skin or look 'cakey'.

This product does contain a few glimmery particles, but only a few for a glowy look to skin, rather then a 'on my way to a Ke$ha concert' one.

I was really impressed with the wear; It lasted for the whole working day. I just needed to control some shine using a pressed powder compact. True; the coverage wasn't the fullest out of the various brands I've tried, but but the ease of application and the incredible lasting power made up for it.

Damn. It was all going so well too; After a few uses I noticed that the colour of the product would begin to darken on my skin after a few hours wear. I think this is more of a reflection of my colourless skin, rather than the actual product so I'll still recommend that you give this a try.

The powder comes in a sifter jar with a mini Kabuki brush in the UK. The brush gets the job done; but I prefer to use my Benefit Bluff Puff for application [The mini kabuki brush is handy to have for blush or bronzer application though].

It was sold for £7.99 full price, but I think it's discontinued. Your local Boots or Superdrug may still have remaining stock though. Various online retailers (including Amazon) sell it for between £3 to £6, so it's a bargain if it works for you.

on 12/19/2010 9:18:00 AM

-I like this foundation (200 soft beige)
-I use it after I have applied a thin layer of lighter foundation+ concealer, then buff that baby right over the top using a kabuki
-Very cheap (ebay 2.50-3.00!)
-I'm south asian so the 'Orangey-ness' is actually a plus. (It's hard for me to buy the really yellow/orange based foundations/concealer needed for my skin tone, as most of the time with other powders/foundations/concealers I end up looking grey)
-when applied after foundation/concealer I look almost flawless (woohoo!)
-Photographs really well (I think it's the teeny weeny sparkles)
-Packaging is a little pointless - really, what is that little spongey thing on top, and nothing comes out those five little holes in the plastic - I just remove the lid/sponge/holey plastic part, and go straight into the powder, kabuki-ing that baby
- I do like the orangey-ness it is more orange than my skin tone ( it's all good though, it makes me look 'Glowy') - but for my fair coloured brethrens, its probably a NoNo.
- Lasts longer than other powders - not 12 hours (little liars)
- Relatively thin coverage
-Recommend for the browner babys out there
Weeee!

on 11/11/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I picked this up cheaply as my last powder is about to run out. It made my face look totally ORANGE. As another reviewer said, I haven't looked so orange since my teenage days of cheap foundation!!

As recommended by others, I took the little sieve out from under the sponge, as the product wasn't flowing through at all. This made the product flow better but then the sponge fell off three times in a row, covering me in orange powder in true comedy fashion. At this stage I decided to cut my losses and throw it in the bin!

on 9/11/2010 9:04:00 PM

I really don't like this product. When I first bought it, I was excited to use it. But when I open it, it has this smell to it. I would not recommend someone to buy this product. I should have read review before I buy this product. I bought this in Classic Beige 201. Is not a very good pigmented color.

on 7/22/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I purchased the new Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation. I love it. It goes on a bit thick so use sparingly. It has medium to full coverage. It lasts on me from 8 AM when i put it on till 11 PM when i take it off. I have combination skin with oily tzone. During the day i do get a tiny bit of shine on my nose but i blot it with toilet seat paper (yes, it works and doesn't disturb your makeup at all). Anyway, overall i like it. I live in Florida heat and humidity and it's the middle of July. It's fresh when i put it on in the morning and still on at night. I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out at all. It doesn't feel like i have makeup on at all. I plan to wear it to the beach this weekend and that'll be the real test. I will update. But so far so good. The shade i got was Warm Ivory. It matches perfectly but that's sheer luck because the only downside to this makeup is the shades. There are not enough and that's a shame. Spend the money Rimmel and put some more shades out there! DUH! Also, i would like to ask all the other reviewers, please don't rate a produt till you've worn it for a bit. Don't put it on and immediately review it. Wait till you've lived with it a while otherwise you're not being fair and you're confusing the others who come to Makeupalley and trust your opinions. And when you review it, it helps to tell us what type of skin you have so we can compare to ours. Thanks!
UPDATE! Still loving this makeup BUT i since came across L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum. Compared to this, L'oreal has a better staying power, more flawless coverage and it's a lot thinner when applied. Overall, I still love Rimmel but L'oreal is beating it hands down. As such, i have to take a lippie off. Only good thing is that Rimmel is dirt cheap compared to L'Oreal. But the product is worth the money
UPDATE! Had to stop using it. It's just too heavy on my skin. Too heavy. Gives me that i have makeup on my face feel which is not pleasant in the heat of Florida... Oh well.. Sorry Rimmel. Back to Maybelline.

on 7/2/2010 10:33:00 PM

First off... the packaging sucks big time on this thing! It's impossible to apply the powder with that stupid puff (if thats what they want to call it). when you finally figure out how to get into this you will find the powder is wayyy too glittery. I will never rebuy

on 7/1/2010 3:26:00 PM

Ewwwww. Nast nasty nasty. I bought this in the lightest shade available which is Ivory-at least in my country it is. It looked so nice when I tried it on my hand in the store...looked more like illuminating powder so I was very excited to get home and try it. On the way home I was imagining my skin looking radiant, glowy, sheer satin finish...just beautiful. When I got home and applied it on my face it was shockingly orange, very sheer coverage but forget about the coverage...I looked like someone fried something on my face. Words cannot describe the color this foundation gave me so I trashed it. Not such a great waste of money since this is cheap and probably explains the crappy quality. So for this...I hate...no no...I loathe thee, Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Powder and will not purchase you ever again! :)