October 20, 2014 | 1037 users online

Powder - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by galthang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the 2nd shade up- soft beige. Im a NC 30 in mac. The colour is a bit orangey on me, the lighter shade is too light on me.
The brush I'd good for application.
I feel my skin quite dry if I put too much on. Probably would try something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow, this could almost be sold as a shimmer powder, the shimmer is crazy apparent. I have soft beige and it's way too orangey when applied.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by micheeelle

I use a darker shade as a bronzer. After two hours, it's gone. If I only use this for bronzer, how would it work if I used it for my whole entire face. The good thing about this is when it smears off, it doesn't make your face oily or leave streaks. I wouldn't necessary buy this again, but I do recomment the Rimmel Sta Matte Face Powder. It's a good matte powder to keep your makeup last longer. I put this after I put my mascara on, and my mascara doesn't smudge at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by makeuppalette

-I like this foundation (200 soft beige)
-I use it after I have applied a thin layer of lighter foundation+ concealer, then buff that baby right over the top using a kabuki
-Very cheap (ebay 2.50-3.00!)
-I'm south asian so the 'Orangey-ness' is actually a plus. (It's hard for me to buy the really yellow/orange based foundations/concealer needed for my skin tone, as most of the time with other powders/foundations/concealers I end up looking grey)
-when applied after foundation/concealer I look almost flawless (woohoo!)
-Photographs really well (I think it's the teeny weeny sparkles)
-Packaging is a little pointless - really, what is that little spongey thing on top, and nothing comes out those five little holes in the plastic - I just remove the lid/sponge/holey plastic part, and go straight into the powder, kabuki-ing that baby
- I do like the orangey-ness it is more orange than my skin tone ( it's all good though, it makes me look 'Glowy') - but for my fair coloured brethrens, its probably a NoNo.
- Lasts longer than other powders - not 12 hours (little liars)
- Relatively thin coverage
-Recommend for the browner babys out there
Weeee!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by v1ckyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up cheaply as my last powder is about to run out. It made my face look totally ORANGE. As another reviewer said, I haven't looked so orange since my teenage days of cheap foundation!!

As recommended by others, I took the little sieve out from under the sponge, as the product wasn't flowing through at all. This made the product flow better but then the sponge fell off three times in a row, covering me in orange powder in true comedy fashion. At this stage I decided to cut my losses and throw it in the bin!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jpxstarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this product. When I first bought it, I was excited to use it. But when I open it, it has this smell to it. I would not recommend someone to buy this product. I should have read review before I buy this product. I bought this in Classic Beige 201. Is not a very good pigmented color.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ElenaChloe

Ewwwww. Nast nasty nasty. I bought this in the lightest shade available which is Ivory-at least in my country it is. It looked so nice when I tried it on my hand in the store...looked more like illuminating powder so I was very excited to get home and try it. On the way home I was imagining my skin looking radiant, glowy, sheer satin finish...just beautiful. When I got home and applied it on my face it was shockingly orange, very sheer coverage but forget about the coverage...I looked like someone fried something on my face. Words cannot describe the color this foundation gave me so I trashed it. Not such a great waste of money since this is cheap and probably explains the crappy quality. So for this...I hate...no no...I loathe thee, Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Powder and will not purchase you ever again! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by GobblesIII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought this on a whim, wanted to try something different. I found the coverage hard to get even, this power seems a little thick or something. I brought Ivory, the lightest shade available and this still seems a little too dark, maybe a bit orangey too. Here in NZ we have different packaging, minus the sponge, and unfortunately the packaging was probably the products best feature.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by cindyvang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on discount so it was pretty cheap. I hate the packaging because it comes with this sponge like applicator that you're supposed to use but I do not use it. It's very little coverage and lightweight and because I do not like to wear a lot makeup or any foundation, it works out great for me. I do not like how it makes me break out. I used this product for days and it broke me out but when i didn't use it, i had no break outs. Overall I do like this product and maybe, just maybe would buy again (due to the fact that I have break outs when using this product).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by mainiritika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got in 201 Classic Beige shade! There is absolutely no coverage whatsoever! For me, I don't know why I am never happy with Rimmel products! They have no coverage whatsoever, I tried their eyeliners, foundation, eyeshadow sticks....not good at all!
Their lipsticks are alright but nailpolishes are very good!
I also got their Primer FIx and perfect for foundation! I have't tried it yet tho!
PS I have normal/dry skin!