July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by beautyhannah1

I had nice skin all my life then I started getting acne shockingly late last year - I tried almost everything and nothing seemed to work (even medication). My mum has amazing skin and has used Clinique all her life so I decided to bite bullet and spent a few hundred on all Clinique products. My skin is completely clear (TWO WEEKS AFTER PURCHASING) and surprisingly with my ultra-sensitive skin, I haven't had one ounce of irritation and this stuff is amazing. I can now finally use all my expensive makeup and have it looking amazing on my skin. I definitely recommend. Use it properly though! Read the instructions!
Also, just adding! - This is meant as a cleanser, not a toner! Your skin will dry out too much if used as a toner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Not crazy about this toner. It smells and feels like alcohol, and I think it was too drying for my skin. After using it, my face felt sticky/tacky. Didn't do anything for my blackheads, either. This didn't do any overt damage to my skin, but for the price I wasn't satisfied. Still looking...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gone through 3 bottle of this toner, and I do like it very much, however it is proving to be too much on my skin. After three days my face is red and my cheeks look like they have broken capillaries, so this is no longer part of skincare routine. If you have very thick skin and want a good exfoliating treatment, you may like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by glyza

Before I bought this,I have searched many toners for combination skin. I decided to bought this because I've heard a lot of good comments for this. Then before a week ended of using it,I broke out so badly,and tiny bumps all over my face. I hate it..and I hate it more because it is too expensive for my lifestyle and its not worth it! very disapointed..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lilliangian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the clinique 3 step program, but this is the only thing i use religiously out of the program. I have really bad blackheads all over my nose area and cheeks and chin. I had used this product a couple months ago, and noticed that all of my blackheads were completely gone. I stopped using it, and they came back. I hadnt realized that THIS product was removing my blackheads, but i use this 1x daily and my nose is completely free from blackheads and feels so smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

Favorite toner ever. I like this toner because it doesn't burn and it doesn't leave any kind of film or stickiness on my skin. It also makes it feel really soft. Best of all it removes any dirt or makeup my cleanser left behind in my pores. I've been repurchasing this product for over two years.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

YUCK!
I did NOT buy this someone gave me a 3 step system for Christmas, because I had ran out of my favorite toner and hadn't bought more, I tried some BIG! mistake. it smells like vodka and I noticed that it made my face feel sticky. you might as well go buy some target brand "up&up" nail polish remover and smear it all over your face:P

DONT BUY THIS

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ibbyrocks

I didn't like his product AT ALL. This is the prduct that ruined my skin. Before I used this I used Pro Activ and found it just wasn't working for me. So my step mother suggested the Cliniqe 3 step regimen. This burned my skin so bad and made it so red. It also made my skin super oily and you know what that means...breakouts. So I thought about the saying "It has to get worse before it gets better" so I kept using it thinking it would get better...nope. Juuuust got worse. Hope this is helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm currently using my 4th large size of this toner. I love it! It has helped clear my breakouts and brighten my skin. Best of all it keeps my skin clear! I've tried #2 and I hated it (contains menthol) but #3 is perfect for my oily, acne prone skin. I will always repurchase this fab product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Clinique toners for about 9 years. I started off with Clarifying Lotion #3 when I had cystic acne. Lotion #3 helped clear up my acne SO much in the first 1-2 years. after 4 years of religious use, my skin actually repaired itself enough to look like totally normal, healthy, wonderful skin, thanks to the toner. people are shocked when I show them my cystic acne pics. I feel "cured" now. I have since switched to Lotion #2 when my skin became normal.

yes, its alcohol based but I do believe some skin types will suit it. for reference I have combination, sensitive skin, which is occasionally acne prone (I still get some cystic pimples when i'm extremely stressed). I've tried other brands of toner (avene, body shop, etc) but they are "weak" on my skin. this perfectly cleans every last vestige of cleanser, makeup, dead skin cells, and bacteria off my skin, twice a day.

I believe it has a mild "exfoliating" effect as well, since it effectively removes any dry skin flakes and creates a perfect smooth canvas for makeup. I wouldn't dream of putting on makeup unless my skin has been buffed with this toner on a cotton pad. I can really feel my skin incredibly healthy and radiant when I use this. when I switch to other brands my skin is less smooth, "rubbery", and develops tiny bumps.

do give it a try and perhaps drop to Lotion #2 or even #1 if you feel this is too harsh. consult the Clinique staff for great recommendations and advice. :)