December 22, 2014 | 852 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Illuminating Powder Quad - Mocha Spice

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Aviviam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have tan-medium skin and I wear this when I want a really natural look. Because the shades are quite muted when on my skin, it doesn't make me look as refreshed and awake as I could look. If I want something that brightens my face I use this illuminating powder in Pink Rose; this makes me look more naturally flushed and awake. Perfect for my skin tone.

But, I still love the Mocha Spice quad: great pigmentation, 4 shades that you can mix and match, not sparkly, lasts throughout the day, and overall great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by 2009jayneyb

Went to buy my 3rd compact of this, and they told me its to be discontinued! Snatch it while you can

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a frequent shopper for cosmetics, always on the hunt for the new best whatever. Despite frequent loitering in Sephora and around cosmetic counters in department stores, I rarely ask for recommendations from the sales associates and I usually run when they offer to do a makeover. But I never would have tried this product were it not for the sales associate in Neiman's who recommended it. I was looking for a blush, something different from my usual soft pink. I was initially thinking, "No way" when she showed me this. Turns out I was very wrong. This mix of colors works wonderfully especially if you are a fair red head like me. It warms the complexion, something I desperately need, but doesn't look orange, brown, red, or unnatural in any way. It's subtle but noticeable . This would be great to use in the fall with deeper lip colors, and great in the summer as a bronzer. Pigmentation is light to medium but buildable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ruggergirl

I had booked in for a foundation trial at my local Laura Mercier counter (to try the silk creme foundation). After she had applied foundation etc. she proceeded to do the rest of my makeup to liven me up. Well, thank god she did.

When she asked did I want bronzer I was internally screaming "nooooo" (I'm a neutral nc/nw 15-20), but then I thought, what the heck. To apply, she swirled a stippling brush over the entire of the quad, and proceeded to sweep it from the sides of my temples, over/under my cheeks and on my jawline. I lifted the handheld mirror I was holding to survey the difference, thinking that my whole foundation was ruined and I was going to look like a clown on the street in broad daylight. I couldn't have been more wrong. The result was flawless definition to my features. I have always wanted to stop those perfectly groomed and flawlessly yet elegantly made up women in the street to ask them what they used. Well, not any more. I have finally found the product that I wanted all my cheek colours to be.

This quad is fantastic with a brush swirled over the entire surface, as the SA did, or as a reviewer mentioned below, each colour can be used seperately. I too have used this as an eyelid colour (bringing it down my nose to imperceptibly contour), in the crease, as a contour below cheeks and separately as a blush and highlighted. Each combination of two or more colours complement each other perfectly, and blend to a beautiful result. For 10g of product it is pricey, but I can safely say that this is all I will be needing for quite a while (female logic!) as I've found my flawless combination and no longer need to go on the hunt for my HG blush/contour combo.

I think the name of the product as being an "illuminating powder" is slightly misleading (take it from one who avoids glitter and shimmer like the plague), this does not leave heaps of shimmer on your skin, just a beautiful finish that oozes "class". I wish I'd found this years ago. I'm in love and will buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzey peach color I've ever found. It's still gorgeous after 10 hours of wear. I don't see sparkles, but it looks like my skin is glowing especially along the tops of the cheekbones. It really is quite beautiful and I think I can stop looking for the perfect blush. I always think I should get a pink blush and a bronzer. Nope, this does the work of both and is just a beautiful color. I am fair skin with both pink and yellow undertones, but I think warmer colors really are much nicer on me with my gold-green eyes and blond hair. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by serialspender

TOP MARKS! I had the pleasure of trying this when having a LM make over at John Lewis, the MUA asked me how I felt about bronzer to warm up my pale skin and I cringed as I am so pale I can often end up looking muddy and orange!

She grabbed this and explained that if you use the right colours applied int he right way that a bronzer is a staple must...and she wasnt wrong!

I had to have it...even at the 31ish price tag! I am so glad that I listened to her as this is my HG cheek/face colour, I use it every day! The colours are natural and flattering, however can be built up for an evening look as it contains just the right amnount of shimmer...it lasts an absolute age and I find is best applies with the LM finishing brush. 5*!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by lalala29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic product. Stays on. Gives me the right amount of color everytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by 2prettygirls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so skeptical at first, but decided to try this and I'm so glad I did. Mocha Spice is so pretty and is very versatile.The colors are a soft brown, mauve, soft pink and a peachy pink with a touch of shimmer. My favorite way to use this product is as a bronzer because it doesn't leave even a hint of orange tinge on my fair skin (the only one I've tried that doesn't) and it won't leave you looking like a glittery disco ball. It only takes a very small amt. and you just have to barely touch your bronzer brush into it to get enough product. You can also use this as a blush by building color onto your cheekbones. I have also used this as eyeshadow (individually, you can easily see which is a contour color, lid, and highlighter). Really a wonderful product. It's not cheap, but it's well worth it when you consider how much use you'll get. It's also oil free, which is important to me because I tend to be a bit oily on my forehead. Definitely a must have and another winner from Laura.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This quad is so pretty. It works great as a blush and a bronzer, no orange tones at all on me. It really brightens my skin and gives me a really nice glow. Lasts all day as well. Edit 4/2010: I still love this, i reach for it almost every day. This has reached HG status.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this, I absolutely love this, I could throw away every e/s and blush I own and keep mocha spice. Heavy words from this product whore. I have worn it every day since I got it almost three weeks ago. Mocha spice is THAT GOOD.

There are four colors- a medium brown, a darkish shimmery pink (which looks like a nars blush whose name escapes me), a peachy pink and a light brown veering on taupe. Swirled together, the end result is something not dissimilar to Chanel Orchid Rose JC. Separately, I use the medium brown in my eye crease, the light brown on my lid, and swirl the colors for my cheeks. I then go back over with the dark pink to contour. The brush I use for this is the Stila 24 double ended brush.

Shimmer wise, all have some shimmer but none are OTT, and this quad has way less shimmer than my pink mosaic shimmer bloc. The dark pink in my quad has the most shimmer out of the four colors.

LM quads and shimmer blocs are always a hit with me because the colors go well separately or swirled together and, especially in the case of mocha spice, I like all of the colors equally. This is a gorgeous, high-pigment quad which goes on silky and stays on without fading or blotching.