Tangle Teezer

4.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a nice brush, but nothing extraordinary. I really don't think it is the best option for detangling hair and much prefer a wide tooth comb for this purpose. I use Tangle Teezer after I detangled my hair with a comb, and find that it leaves my hair smooth and soft, which any good hair brush does too, honestly. Also, its bristles get very easily "mashed", which never happened to a much cheaper dupe I had in the past.

Like I said, it's a nice brush, but nothing that justifies the price or hype. If you'd like to try it and it's in your budget, go for it, you'll likely enjoy it. If not, you're not losing anything special, really.

I used this brush when I was in beauty school to untangle my mannequins and clients hair. It worked incredibly well on my mannequins since they had very little hair left after all the haircuts, coloring and chemical treatments they went through, but the results varied with my clients. If they had lots of hair it felt as if only the top of the hair was being untangled, leaving a tangly mess underneath. But it worked well with ladies with fine or mistreated hair. So it depends a lot on the hair its being used on. I am still looking for a brush that works on all kinds of hair so this is personally not for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought mine a while back, because my hair gets quite tangled and I needed something good to detangle it with. The tangle teezer works really well for me and it detangles my long hair easily. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a proper handle though, because that makes it easy to drop it, which I have, countless times.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was always told not to brush wet hair. I have used a wide tooth comb all my life and this has always worked fine for me. However, there was increasing talk about how great the Tangle Teezer was and there was tons of positive feedback on the hair board so I decided to get one, just to see what all the fuss was about. And I'm so sorry I did. The Tangle Teezer is a plastic bristled brush with bristles of varying heights that does not have a traditional brush handle. The first time I used it on wet hair, it snagged terribly and pull out a significant amount of my hair. Normally, my hair isn't really tangled badly after shampooing because my conditioner takes care of smoothing my tresses and eliminating snarls. It has a lot of slip so detangling is usually very easy and quick. But this brush got stuck in my locks and was somewhat difficult to set right. When I looked at the bristles, there was a long strand of hair dangling from the brush, something that NEVER happens when I use a comb. I subsequently tried using the Tangle Teezer again and the same exact thing happened. It pulled my hair out and I simply cannot have that. I pitched it in the trash and have gone back to my reliable wide tooth comb. I'm standing by the old adage that you should never brush wet hair. Hair is at its most vulnerable when it's wet so it should be treated tenderly. There's nothing tender about this brush. It's simply a gimmick that I fell for and shouldn't have. Now I'm out $10 for nothing. I certainly don't recommend this brush for anyone. Go back to a wide tooth comb. Your tresses will thank you.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This brush is AMAZING. I have tried a dupe of Tangle Teezer but for some reasons it does not detangle as well. It is pricey but I recommend getting it at Sally's Beauty Supply for the classic one, it's about $13 and I got it on sale for $10 compared to $20 in Sephora. I recently switch to a different comb and I honestly can't work it through my hair. You might think it's like other products, but this work so well. After a crazy hair day this brush fix everything! Happy. 5 stars.

The brush just doesn't detangle the hair more than a regular brush would, if you can, buy a dupe, because the brush is extremely expensive and it is just a little piece of plastic.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great brush

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE THIS. Believe the hype. Liked this far more than the wet brush which did nothing for the tangles in my ridiculously thick, low-back length hair. I keep the mini in my bag at all times. Getting knots out used to take forever, i even had to cut some out before. You literally don't feel this working and it gets out the most stubborn knots in seconds.

I don't understand the rave reviews for this brush. First, it's expensive at $20. Second, it isn't really compact, so it's not travel friendly. But most importantly, it doesn't detangle, it rips my hair out. I was using it because I had it, but I was really getting sick of losing so much hair (I have lots of fine, naturally blond hair that tangles very easily). Do yourself a favor and invest $8 in a Wet Brush. Worlds better. Your hair will thank you for it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this design, and this is the best option if you don't have money to buy mason pearson's mixed boar&nylon bristle. I only use this on dry hair and I concentrate it on the scalp. I don't comb all the way down cause that only weakens the hairshaft. But combing my scalp everyday with this, makes the blodflow in my scalp so much better. And my hair has improved and has become so much thicker.

Video Reviews & Tutorials