Boots No 7 "Colour Calming" Make-up Base

3.2

Aqua, Butylene glycol, Dimethicone, Paraffinum liquidum, Isodecyl salicylate, Talc, Arachidyl propionate, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Theobroma cacao, Cetearyl ethylhexanoate, Mica, Petrolatum, Cetyl alcohol, Propylene glycol, PEG-20 stearate, Sodium polyacrylate, Methylparaben, Glyceryl stearate, Xanthan gum, Isopropyl myristate, Propylparaben, Lactic acid, Aesculus hippocastanum, CI 77891, CI 77289, CI 77492

on 8/2/2015 7:03:00 PM

I hated this product. I used it twice then left it. The girl in the store told me that it'd reduce any redness I have because of my acne, but it definitely didn't. In fact, it made my skin even redder as I was having to rub my skin so hard to get it to blend in just a little. It leaves you with green flakes and cakey green areas. I have nothing good to say about this.

on 3/14/2014 2:54:00 PM

Grabbed this when I had a voucher to use I get alot of redness on my cheeks that I struggle to cover so I thought I'd give it a go. it doesn't get rid of all my redness like I had hoped but I do think once it has settled in the skin it calms it down, I've also noticed that I don't seem to get an oily t-zone when I use this either which is a bonus, usually after 4-5 hours I have to powder my nose and forehead but its not been needed using this primer, this price wasn't bad I did get £3 off but I'd buy it again full price.

on 12/10/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This goes into the useless rosacea coverage heap. Absolutely nothing good to say about it. It managed to be useless when it came to correcting the red AND clump and streak at the same time. It also pooled in my pores and made me look like I had green freckles.

It's entirely possible this may work well for people with different types of skin. As green primers go however I find Baby Chose Sweet Recipe in mint a lot more subtle and it also gives better coverage. I use it over La Roche Rosaliac cream, and spot touch up with MUFU #17 green concealer for red patches that need a little extra help.

It joins the Obagi rosacea cream in the "never use again" pile. Green pilling all over my face is just not the look I'm going for.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Absolutely love this stuff! It's my new HG redness remedy! I've been searching all over for something without shimmer that canceled out all my red areas and gave me a fresh looking, neutral canvas to work with and THIS IS IT! I tried Smashbox's green primer and Ulta's version as well but to me those weren't concentrated enough to fully give me that redness relief I was looking for. I also tried L'Oreal's studio secrets anti redness primer but it is loaded with glitter/shimmer I loved the red control but couldn't deal with the glitter overload . This primer has the shame hue to it as L'Oreal's (a light blueish hue vs the plain green color normally seen in antiredness primers) and I think the tad of blue really makes the helps cancel the red. The consistency is smooth and goes on flawlessly! You only need one layer! (I was using multiple layers with precious primers) stays all day and doesn't break me out. I'm in love!

on 7/4/2013 8:10:00 AM

I tried this a few years ago in my mid teens when I didn't understand that a foundation with fuller coverage would take care of my rosacea.

This product was difficult to apply as it would not set with my skin, it would sit on top and blend unevenly with the product seeming to separate easily into water and goopy green. After spending ages trying to blend and set it, it gave a slight dampening to the bright red of my cheeks but to completely knock out the red it would need a thicker layer which looks grey everytime. After applying foundation on top of a light layer I felt better any way and had a P.E lesson first thing. After running round the 400 meters once so far my foundation began to sheer out and my rosacea would flare (both normal) but the green base did not...my P.E teacher stopped me from running asking if i was okay as i looked 'green' and ill, how terrible!!!

Over all there was no way to make this primer work and by the end of the day as your foundation wears off you will be left looking dead and ill, just use a more pigmented foundation :).

on 9/27/2012 5:43:00 PM

When I saw this I thought it was genius! I understood the concept straight away about how green counteracts red on the colour wheel so without thinking I bought it!
I tried it the next day, the packaging is a bit naff, just a squeezy bottle and at the price of about £12 I thought they could do slightly better anyway I applied this all over my face paying particular attention to my areas of redness, around my nose, blemishes etc but it didn't eliminate them so I put more and more on until I looked grey, some of the product got stuck into my hair, to put it shortly if you have a good enough foundation you shouldn't need a colour calming primer just stick to the green concealer stick x

on 9/26/2012 10:07:00 AM

i bought this product when i had a £5 off voucher. I've used a fair few green colour correctors as i get red patches on my skin. This one did not work well for me at all. It went on really cakey and did not blend into my skin at all. i think it's better if you just use a tiny bit to cover a small spot, i wasn't able to blend it in a larger area. Ended up throwing most of the bottle away.

on 7/5/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

$9.99 seemed like a great price at target, especially since i was gonna buy the makeup forever green primer for over $30. but this does not do anything my redness. i have plenty of acne so that means plenty of redness, and slight redness around my nose. okay maybe it reduces redness by a LITTLE, but it didnt meet up with my expectations. you need to apply alot for it to turn green/grey-ish. the tint goes away easily with foundation over it. the product is a bit runny and i can see why people complain abou the packaging. its a squeeze out tube and when you open the cap some product can run out. im gonna keep continue using this because it works good underneath makeup forever hd but i would not repurchase...

on 9/15/2011 8:29:00 AM

I have an uneven skin tone with red discoloration around my nose and on my cheeks and a few blemishes here and there. When I first heard about these green correctors I couldn't help but be intrigued. I found myself buying this one after getting a voucher for no7 products; I figured that for almost half the price it was worth trying out. I don't usually bother with using a primer, especially since my sunscreen functions perfectly well as one, but I wanted to see if this would do something about the redness. Well, it did nothing. If I apply a lot it may just slightly lighten the redness on my cheeks, but I find I start looking a bit yellow if I use that much. The packaging is not so great too- I find I have to store it upside down otherwise the product leaks out into the lid. However it doesn't break me out and it does make my makeup go on nice and smoothly. So as a primer it functions pretty well. I just wish it would color correct, like it says it does on the packaging.

on 6/22/2011 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Piece of crap broke me out! no help with the redness at all! If you blend it out, the green pigmentation disappears which totally defeats the purpose of having a green-tinted primer! GRRRRRR!!!!! Don't waste your money!