October 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Aqua Fluid Foundation SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to get this foundation because I have a hard time with the shade range in Guerlain foundations...so when I discovered this would come in 31 Amber Pale, I ran out and grabbed it. 31 amber pale is almost a dead on match for my Chanel Lift Lumiere in Faience..I could be wrong but i think it is also the lightet shade in this Guerlain foundation...lighter and more yellow based than 02 beige clair...I'm not sure why it's not more widely known about since 02beige Clair is wayyyy to dark for some of us? Was it not released everywhere? I have no idea, but wanted to put that out there so other pale ladies like me don't automatically pass on Guerlain foundations. (Shades 31 and 32 in the amber range are not available in some Guerlain formulations such as Parure Gold) :(.
Anyhow, on to the review. I am sad to say that my beloved Guerlain let me down on this one. The texture is amazing when you first pump it out, creamy and luxurious...much different than the watery "aqua" formulations in other lines I've tried. It even feels divine going on the skin...but that's where my love affair ended. It does feel light on the skin and not heavy at all...but it gets patchy and streaky, and the finish is somewhat chalky no matter how thin you apply or how much you blend.. I initially got excited because it covered my dark circles and redness in one thin application...but once it dried, it accentuated my fine lines badly as well. This one is a definite thumbs down for me...but I continue my love for Guerlains powders, blushes, bronzers, and Blanc de Perle foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by stardoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I love Guerlain products!!! This foundation was a huge disappointment for me though :( To be fair I do have a hard time finding decent foundations, but no matter how I apply this one it turns out streaky, patchy, & it ends up making me look like I have more fine lines then I actually do! If it wasn't so expensive I'd throw it out :( Instead I use it on the occasional zits I get. It does smell great, the bottle looks nice but I always seem to crack the lids on Guerlain products in this packaging. I'll still buy their other products, but I sure wish this one had worked out better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start with I'm not a foundation fan, but I do need something that unifies my skin tone and lightly covers some old acne marks. I also don't like to feel anything on my skin and I'm not a fan of perfect airbrushed skin.

I read so many reviews about different brands of foundation that I think I confused myself. I decided to try the Guerlian Parure #24, and WOW. The makeup artist mixed it with the gold base primer, it did exactly what I wanted to do AND my skin did not turn orange nor get shiny 2hrs later. I had bought several other products so decided not to buy the primer but I definitely buy the next time I have 20%.

This is the second day using it and I actually look forward to putting it on. The make up artist, also used it as a concealer and that also worked, had me somewhat depressed because a week ago I bought the MUFE corrector and concealer !I So, I've been putting that on first and then after my foundation I use the concealer brush to smooth our the edges with the foundation.

This will be a repeat purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do enjoy this foundation. It's luxurious feeling and smells that way, too. As far as the staying power....not so great. I tend to slap this on when I don't have a lot of time to do my face because it's easy to work with and doesn't require a lot of blending. Now that I'm of that certain age, I'm starting to get hot flashes and when I do my face starts to sweat...or should I say *glow*-- (weak laugh)...Well, that had happened the other day right after I applied this foundation. I know it's not waterproof, or claims to be, but to my shock this foundation just basically disappeared off where I started to sweat. I will use this up and not purchase again. For the price there are better foundations out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is based on a sample which has lasted for a week. The weather has been warm (22-30 degrees Celsius, high seventies, low eitgthies Fahrenheit) and quite humid when I have worn it. This foundation is medium to high coverage and I found that I needed to make sure that my dry parts of the skin were well moisturised before applying the foundation as it did not have a great deal of slip. Definitely much easier to apply with a foundation brush (I use the Shiseido foundation brush) rather than applying with fingers. It has a slight alcoholic scent which disappears almost instantly. The wear of this foundation is fantastic, and even though it covers well it looks very natural and feels lightweight. Even with high temperatures it lasted 12 hours without touch up, and it does not settle into fine lines or become cakey. The colour selection is somewhat limited where I live (Sweden). Great foundation! Will I buy this? I am on the fence. I have other foundations which performs equally well where I have a great colour match. I am quite tan when I tried this and #23 was a good match however when I am my more typical approx NC25ish the shades looked either very pink or very orange.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

it was alright but I didn`t feel there was anything different about this foundation. it was the same as any other high end foundation I`ve tried. In fact, it tended to oxidize much quicker than any other foundation so it turned more of an orange colour by the 3rd month.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by joshuasebastien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was a MAC artist for five years and have tried a million different foundations, but none have worked for me as well as this does. Seriously, I'd still buy it if it were 100$ a bottle. It wears the entire day, from sunrise to well past sunset without coming off or looking too shiny. It's the only foundation I've tried that's given me enough moisture and not emphasized any dryness I have. It photographs beautifully. It doesn't pick up texture. The scent is lovely. It only takes one pump or less for the entire face and a bottle of it lasts me over 6 months using it at least 6 days a week. I can't say enough good things about it. The texture of it is different than any other foundation I've ever used and it just glides on the skin like silk. Beige clair 02 is a perfect color match for me, even when I'm out in natural sunlight. I can't think of any other formula or company that comes close to matching me that well. I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about it. A+++++ product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bit drying, ok coverage, can't really find a good shade match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm shocked at how little love this foundation is getting on here. I was looking for a replacement for Chanel Teint Innocence (with maybe a tad more coverage). I tested all Chanel, Dior, Armani and Guerlain's foundations, and settled on Parure Aqua as the best fit for my skin. It leaves an amazing glow finish - my skin isn't the best at the moment, but with L'or base, a pump of illuminator mixed in and this foundation my skin looked radiant and my blemishes were pretty much unnoticeable! I'm also suffering with dry patches caused by stress, and this is the only foundation I've found which doesn't highlight them. I wear this in the evening only - I stick to a compact foundation for day, so this may be a bit too glowy for some in the day time, and it does need a few powder touchups throughout the evening if it's warm, but that's fine with me, and I never looked greasy, more just really really glowy! The foundation is light, but covers reasonably well, while still looking like skin. The fragrance doesn't bother me, but it may be too much for some people. All in all, this is a win for me, and worth the relatively high price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by SleepingBag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation. For sure, the texture and the staying power are great. But, it stops there for me.

- First, it's very difficult to find a color match. The lightest color wasn't close to light enough for me. I initially considered ordering online a lighter color available in Asia, but I backed out.
- Second, there is a strong fragrance in the foundation. This is bad news for my unabashedly sensitive and acne prone skin.
- Third, the price is way too high. This was a good learning curve for me since I now primarily consider foundations from cosmetic companies (instead of general luxury brands like Guerlain). This usually means that the price is more modest and the color selection more forgiving.

EDIT (12/07/2012) : This was the first HE foundation I tried and I have to give it some credit for setting the bar very high in terms of finish (very skin like), texture and duration. Even if my initial review highlights many negative components, this is still an incredible foundation in many regards. To be honest, if this ever becomes available in a lighter color (or another Guerlain foundation for that matter, esp. Lingerie de Peau), I would consider re-trying it with a proper primer/barrier to minimize the effect of the fragrance.