August 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Skincare - Body - DuWop - Revolution Tinted Body Moisturizer with SPF-15 and Shimmer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the blue tube in "medium."
I really like this. I agree with what most say below - the color starts off a little scary, but blends out amazingly well, and looks completely natural. In fact, I can't tell at all I have "leg makeup" on. I see no shimmer at all. It does not cover veins - it is too sheer for that much coverage, but it does even out skintone and makes your overall skin appearance much, much better. This - on me - does not transfer at all - I just flipped up the hem on my shorts and there is absolutely no product there - no stain - at all. If I need complete coverage, I would use Sally Hansen, but for everyday - this is wonderful. I will definitely buy this again. BTW, I use Benefit Kitten powder to set it - I don't know if that helps or what but it seems to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by megwilliams

This review is for the newer version of Revolution Tinted Body Moisturizer (in the dark grey tube), rather than the versions in the blue tubes.

I love this product. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and I cannot tan to save my life. I'm also wary of self-tanners, as I've tried tons of them and have yet to find one that doesn't look like crap on me.

However, this moisturizer is awesome. I just put it on my arms, (must be exfoliated) legs, and what other skin is showing at the time, and I'm good to go. No transfer to my clothing and no streaks or cakey-ness at my elbows or knees.

It washes off when I shower, so it does need to be reapplied daily, but that doesn't really bother me because I'm a SAHM and my twins don't care if I'm pale or not, so I don't use it everyday.

It is expensive, about $30, but that's no more that some "high quality" self tanners out there. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. The shade I get is medium. It seems to blend very well with most skin tones. This tint adds slight shimmer and really evens out my skin. Doesn't feel cakey once it sets and I haven't notice TOO much transfer onto my clothes...and when I did, it was after a long time wearing it. I didn't notice alot of moisturizing, however I wouldn't just rely on this as one anyway. I like it for my legs when I am wearing shorts or skirts and don't want to bother with nylons - works great for summer. I don't have awful skin, just sometimes it needs to look a little better than normal - lol...this works great. It is just a great product that backs up what it claims to do - can't beat that! I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Holly13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the light shade and feel this is a very good item, but you do need to give it a little blend and dry time. I don't believe there is any bronzing formula that won't rub off on your clothes, but since I wear mostly black it works out for me. I'm very fair, and use this occasionally when I want to give my self tanner a boost or match chest to my face if I use a bronzer. I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would, but I have to use a little regular moisturizer underneath so it won't start looking dry. Not really a big deal. The color goes on weird at first but blends to a pretty, natural shade. I was actually very impressed by how well it stays put - I used it all over my legs, arms and back (black dress) before a wedding that lasted all day in very hot weather, and it didn't come off until I took a shower that night. It's really like a nice, natural makeup for the body that just sort of blends your skintone out. I found the shimmer to be pretty subtle, and the SPF is a real plus. I've actually been kind of disappointed in some of Du Wop's stuff, but this I will buy again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by luvthered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swapped for half a tube of this and then bought an additional tube once I tried it. It's not something I use all the time (due to laziness) but whenever I do, I love the way it makes my legs look. I agree with some reviews that say it starts out orange-y, but don't panic. Just rub in evenly and thoroughly and after a few minutes it sort of melts in and blends with your skin to look quite natural. I'm quite pale but I swapped for the medium and it turned out to be just right. I think the light would have been TOO light for me. I first exfoliate in the shower, apply body cream right after my shower, let that soak in, then apply this. I get nice, even color with a slight sheen. Pretty!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by tumbleweed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with great anticipation. I usually do well with tinted moisturizers, self tanners etc. but this one turned orange on me. I thought it was difficult to rub in as well. Anyway, I think I'll stick with Philosophy Big Skinny Body Bronzer. It comes off on clothes too but the color is more natural looking and it's easier to rub in. I will not purchase DuWop Revolution again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by galinda333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I am ultra-fair and this is a great and natural looking way to get a fast tan. I have been using it for almost a year now and I still love it. It doesn't look orangy at all on my skin. This comes highly recommended in my book. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2006 10:41:00 PM More reviews by k_tlin

It's not good on me, maybe on another person though. The finish is pretty, but if you are pale then it will make you look a bit orange. I used the lightest shade and it still looked orange on me, even after drying. It stained one of my tops and the inside of some of my skirts, but I was in hot weather while I wore this and sweating. I would have kept it for dances and night time, but it gave me a rash and break outs. If you want to buy this product, I would put some on your arm at the store and wait a week to see what happens to your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I'm in total agreement with Scout12. So far I'm completely unimpressed with the entire line. This is no exception. Shame on DuWop for advertising "...doesn't come off on your clothes". No matter how much I rub it in and wait for it to dry, it stays sticky and comes off and stains everything it touches!! Even hours after you put it on! The color is somewhat unnatural/fake looking, and the shimmer is uneven. THE WORST product of it's kind out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mtp51

I have used this in the medium color for as long as it has been on the market. I have probably purchased 6 - 8 tubes. As with any tinted product, including self tanners, I always mix it with a small amount of face and/or body lotion. This really helps to control the coverage while adding needed moisture. BTW, the new Revolotion face is WONDERFUL and comes in shades that will work for anyone. Not at all greasy, decent coverage, good consistancy and the right amount of moisture. I will purchase it again.