September 1, 2014 | 1091 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Start to Finish - Soft Bronze (regular, not rice powder)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an ok setting powder. It didn't do much for oil control like it said it would. I was shiney a few hours later. It's translucent so it was barely visible on my skin. For a product that says it was made for oilier skin it sure didn't really live up to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a while, but I think it actually made me oilier. My t-zone is oily, but I think I have dry skin that overcompensates by producing tons of oil, so the kaolin in this just made my skin go more oil-happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product appears darker on the screen here than it does in actual life. As, this product is just a slight smidge darker than the EDM Finishing Dust. So, please don't buy this product thinking that you will get any type of bronzy look to your face with this. That just isn't the case with this product at all.

It is a really good oil-absorbing finishing powder and it helps keep my face matte for a relatively long time. And, it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way either.

I will definitelyt continue to buy this stuff. As, it especially comes in handy during the warmer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by whatevergurl4

good setting powder, translucent. haven't found out if it is the culprit to my new zits though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder. It's a dual-purpose powder for me, it can be a primer or a finishing powder, as the name implies. Its a kaolin powder, which I prefer over rice powder - on me, kaolin absorbs more oil and looks more natural than rice powder. Rice powder feels grainy/gritty on my skin, even in very small amounts. I have Fyrinnae's Rice Powder primer, but it's too gritty and whitish although the oil control is nice, it's not an ideal powder for me. I then tried Kaolin powders for primers and never looked back.
The Start To Finish fair was too light for me (they threw in a sample size once) but the Soft Bronze is just perfect. I like this more now than the Tinted Silk Dust. I think it may be just a hint darker than the Tinted Silk Dust but nothing too noticeable on me; I wear color ranges with EM from Olive- Golden Medium/ Olive/Medium to Golden Winged Butter to Buff Beige. The Olive Shades are probably the closest to my real skin tone. The powder doesn't oxidize over makeup and I love the results. In general, I use this more as a finishing powder with MAD Minerals Translucent Veil (a white translucent kaolin powder) as a primer, but it's nice to have one product for both for travelling or if you are in a hurry. I have used it just as a primer too and it's great for that. Highly recommend, more oil control here and I prefer the color on this (it's a very, very slight difference) to Tinted Silk Dust. For reference, I also use(d) Tinted Silk Dust as a dual-use primer and finisher, as well.