April 21, 2014 | 1221 users online

Bronzers - Shu Uemura - Bronzing Powder - Light (01)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

My HG bronzer. I'm a pale asian NC25 girl whenever I tried bronzers from Nars or MAC I always look like I have dirt on my face or a skin discoloration. When the SA recommended this to me I was about to give up hope on wearing bronzers. I tried this on and I looked instantly better. Now I'm addicted to it. It's light enough for my skin and doesn't look cakey or too much color for me. I haven't broken out from using this product. I even use this to contour and received complements on if I lost weight or I look like I have a tan instead of my usual pasty self.

The packaging can use some work it's very difficult for me to open the case using a lot of force. I even left one nail mark on it one time I was trying to open it. I think they should make packaging better so people with thick nails can open it. lol

The price is ok since I got it awhile back during Shu's ff 20% off event. One should last me a long time since it's very pigmented I only use 2 swipes for each side of my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say that the Shu Uemura website describes this pretty well 'Ideal for adding delicate golden sparkles on un-tanned to slightly tanned skin'. My HG bronzer is Duwop 'June' (which imparts more warmth in my skin but because I am so light-skinned i've noticed that it has the tendency to look more reddish and fake on me). This Shu bronzer however looks very natural and just provides a hint of colour. It may just be my new HG bronzer. To be honest, I would have never tried this colour because it just looks too light but the colour 'Warm' was too fake-looking on me and this one looked very natural. I think I much prefer this. It is also less shiny yet provides a nice luminosity to my skin. The texture is also fabulous - very finely milled and so soft 'n' smooth to the touch. Will definitely repurchase. (I'll hang on to my Duwop June for days when I am tanned and/or when I want more warmth on my skin). EDIT (Sept 2009): I use this more during the cooler months and if I want a 'fresh' look rather than a 'warm, sunny' look. It's perfect for the wintery season!