April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Moisturizers - NARS - Potent EFA Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Quute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used Nars makeup for years and found myself curious about the skincare line of the brand. I got the Potent EFA Cream as a gift one year and I love it! It really works year round. The futuristic pump lets you press out as much cream as you want so that a lite application is possible. The bottle design is clean, modern and considered a treasure in my cabinet. I have really dry skin all year and I envy people with oily skin because they don't wrinkle as fast as parched people like myself. With Potent EFA Cream, I have a chance at aging well and staving off wrinkles. Thanks NARS !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by judithwong

This product is wayyyyy too rich for my face, even in the dry winters of Canada. Instantly gave me pimples. And it's also very expensive ($100+CDN) (everything is overpriced in this country). I actually use it on my legs now believe it or not, and it keeps my legs very moisturized for hours. I can also tell that it is a quality product because I sometimes need to use it on a very sensitive and dry part of my body. Other moisturizers would sting really badly but NARS has worked really well. Perhaps request a sample first, and only buy if you have really really dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Decent moisturiser for the winter. It is quite thick but it is easy to blend. The smell is very pleasant but it does not moisturise the skin. The packaging is peculiar and some product gets wasted when the product gets towards the end. Not cheap and not effective. Day Wear by EL is half the price and much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by joyce628

I'm using this cream along with the EFA night infusion. Luv the design of the EFA cream packaging and the texture of the cream. After using the night infusion and this cream the size of my pores were not as noticeable. When I ran out of it, I didn't repurchase and kept using my Nars Aquagel only instead...but the size of my pores were visible again! I immediately went back to the Nars counter and bought the EFA duo. I cannot live without them and use it along with aquagel.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by pasta

I love this. Yes, it's only been four days but my combo/breakout-prone skin looks great. It absorbs well and can be applied to moist skin to make a little go a very long way. Also feels great on lips. Will update but this could be a HG. I gave it a 4 only because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ole100

I only use it during winter as a night cream because it might be too greasy for summer. I have got combination skin and my cheeks area tends to be a bit dry.I use the cream at night and my skin feels moist and soft in the next morning. You only need a tiny bit and so a whole tub of cream can last very long. I love the packaging, it is designed to suit the decor of contemporary bathrooms. Great product formulated by shishedo for Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Mulls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG moisturizer! Before using this product my skin was super dry from the winter, very dehydrated. This, along with the NARs Hydrating lotion was recommended for me by a NARs MA and I bought into it. Within one week of using both products, there was a noticeable difference in my skin -- it feels so smooth and clear! No more flaky skin or that sandpaper feeling. I love this stuff. I am not sure though how it will be when the weather gets warmer and whether this will be too heavy. We'll see. In terms of packaging, it's cool that it will pump out the right amount that you need but the box is huge. Wish they could have the same look/feel but in a smaller size. Overall though this is a great product for those with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ella343

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, as a caveat, it must be noted that this is not intended for anyone with oily skin. Even normal skin with slight dryness might find this far too rich, and I cannot foresee my using this in summer. There is a lighter serum that I have not tried that may be better. This is a very rich cream that combines powerful humectants commonly found (such as hyaluronic acid) with a blend of many nutritive oils of botanical origin, the latter of which can break down when exposed to air and sunlight. But NARS has brilliantly packaged this cream in an airtight, airless pump jar so that its ingredients do not break down, nor get contaminated, as quickly--perhaps the only instance in fancy-packaging history when it has an actual purpose. For me, this has saved my skin this winter. My dehydrated skin absorbs it well, unlike the thick, but purer, botanical-oil blends of Primavera or Dr. Hauschka, which sometimes clogs my pores as this does not. My skin is soft, supple, nourished, hydrated, and radiant, not the raw, fragile mess it normally is in winter, when even to cleanse is torture. If you have problems with severe dehydration, this cream returns the skin to normalcy better than anything else I have tried. As an anti-aging cream, I have not given this any thought, and am not reviewing this product as such. There are hundreds of those miracle creams out there, none of them do anything, and I do not believe this manages so much better, except in that a good hydrator does improve the appearance of aging. This is simply an excellent moisturizer when no other moisturizer cuts it. Bonus: light, milky green, orange blossom scent, but I had to take off a point for the price. $70 is ridiculous. UPDATE: This is firmly HG status for dry (not dehydrated) skin. If your skin does not produce enough sebum to protect itself, this works when nothing else, even richer and greasier creams, will cut it. I'll have to give it a 5 after all, as it saves me the expense of trying anything else.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by fitfreak

I seriously love this stuff. I wash my face at night, then gently put some EFA night infusion serum on my fingers to warm it and gently dab it into my face. After that , I follow with potent EFA cream then clinique eye cream. In the morning, my skin looks so beautiful and fresh...I really love it! I don't use it everyday though, mostly in the winter when my skin is chapped and bad from heaters and windy outdoors. I also use this cream to mix with Dior hydraction TM to make a light coverage moisturizer for day use! perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by purplepengiunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made for dry/very dry skin, this thick, moisturizing cream does one heck of a job at brightening my face. I use Retin-A and have sensitive acne-prone skin, so I'm always on the look-out for something that will moisturize my painfully dry skin. This stuff is amazing! I slather it on after applying my Retin-A cream every night. It has a thick, creamy consistency that isn't greasy but it does leave a slight film on the skin, so this is definitely a night cream. It has a light orange-blossom scent to it that is very refreshing. Although it's quite expensive, I know it's worth it when I wake up every morning and see how glowy my skin is!