September 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Teddykane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely color BUT stayed sticky & came off on my teacup! I'm disappointed & would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Perpetual Plum! Its a nice subtle color thats close to my own & its perfect for daytime/office use, has a nice feel to it, very pigmented and has a light citrusy scent which I like :) It also sort of moisturises your lips without feeling sticky.

As for drawbacks, I would say its more of a deep reddish pink than a purple though - so not sure it qualifies as "plum". It also is not as shiny as your traditional lip gloss - I would agree with the other reviewer who described it as a "liquid lip color". As I'm not into the highly-glossed look, this is fine by me.

Staying power? I'm not sure.. it definitely doesn't survive a full meal. I guess I'm still on the hunt for a lip color that does. But I do like everything else about it. Got it on sale a few months back and immediately bought one for my sister as well. Now, its on sale again and so I got my second tube as a backup :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perpetual Plum is a beautiful plummy color that matches well with my naturally plummy colored lips. This looks very natural and lovely on my pigmented lips. It's very light and non-sticky, so it's a go to in the summer months for me. If you like MAC: Polished Up, Spice is Nice, X-S, O, Chintz you will enjoy this as well. This gloss has an orange scent to it just like my other Revlon glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this at a BOGO sale at CVS. I have never been a lipgloss person at all, so this intrigued me. On my NW25 skin, the color is lovely, a cooler toned plum IMO. It looks really really nice. The texture is odd, sort of sticky, but nothing that isn't tolerable. It goes on smoothly and easily, and doesn't come off as easily as one would think. The only negative to this is the *scent*. I loathe scented cosmetics, simply because I have very sensitive skin and an equally sensitive nose, and often what smells good to other people is overpowering and nauseating to me. The scent for this is very citrusy. It reminded me of citrus scented cleaning products, to be honest. I hate citrus scented anything, so this is a huge negative for me, hence the minus one lip on the rating. However, I do like the product and LOVE the color, and the smell isn't overpowering, so I will continue to use it and probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by hesterC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Interesting product. Colour is not quite as intense as one might think from the tube, but well pigmented. I'm quite pale though, and this still is quite subtle. The finish soon goes from shiny-gloss to a sort of cream lipstick finish - interesting effect! Quite unique in my experience. We'll see about longevity, but that's not my primary aim, so. It feels smooth and moisturising on, nice, not sticky at all like a real gloss. This makes me suspect the colour will stay for hours, but any shininess will soon be completely gone. For shine, this is not a good bet.
Now for the bad part: the absolutely horrific smell!! Awfully strong boozy coconut (I WISH I got a citrusy smell like other reviewers!) and it persists!! Someone just said oh something smells nice, and I'm pretty sure it was my lipglaze, not my perfume! When people are smelling your lipgloss, there's too much scent to it! WHY, Revlon, why?!? This may put me off buying one, actually (got my current one free). Truly terrible scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Perpetual Plum. I had read reviews for this product in all the colors on MUA that have been reviewed so far. I knew that this might not be a good choice for me, but there were some compelling reviews that made me want to try it. I got it at Walgreen's on sale at 40% off, so the price was very reasonable. I do not like any sort of fragrance in my makeup or skin care products, so I knew there was a chance that I would not like the fragrance of this product. And I don't. It is a strange grapefruit scent, and while it does fade after a while--or perhaps my nose just gets used to it and I don't notice it after a while--I just do not like that initial strong odor. As for the color, it appears on my lips as one of those "My lips but better" colors. I was hoping for a little more color impact. The shimmer is very nice--I don't generally like shimmer as it is aging for the most part. But this is a subtle shimmer, very smooth feeling, not grainy as some heavily shimmered products feel. It is an attractive look that I found myself liking. I have very fair olive skin--a MAC NW15, with dark ash brown hair and a good deal of grey hair mixed in. This feels on the lips rather smooth, not sticky but a little tacky. It is fairly comfortable, not slick. Texture and pigment-wise, I would call this more of a sheer liquid lipstick, rather than a true gloss or a long-wear lipstick (the type that has the base color, and then the gloss for comfort and shine). I am just rather surprised that the color barely reads on my lips. I never thought I had very pigmented lips, but it seems that I might. I think I may have to return this, thank goodness Walgreens is good about returns. I simply do not like the fragrance, and the color just is not what I was looking for. I would recommend this product to people who do not mind or even like fragranced products, specifically, grapefruit! It is I think a good product for a casual, understated look. It wears fairly well for a sheer, liquid lip color. It lasted through a cup of coffee, part of an ice cream cone for example. If you want very long wear, however, you are better off with the two-step products on the market. I myself did not like the Revlon version of this type--it felt grainy, was hard to apply evenly, and wore off unevenly. Rimmel's version has been much better for me. VERY tenacious. You need an oily makeup remover to get it all off. I hope this review is useful to readers and consumers.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by erdrynn

This beautiful shade tempted with its promise of plummy red lips with a hint of shimmer. A fall-fashiony color to be sure. And it was richly pigmented when swatched on the back of my hand. Sealing the deal was the attractive promotional price for its launch at my local drugstore.

It took a single application for me to realize that the deep plummy shade that I saw in the tube complemented my mauve-pink lips almost too well. All I got was a very natural MLBB look and not the deep standout lip color I envisioned.

I found the strong scent (identified as "grapefruit" by a reviewer) off-putting as well.

Can't comment on whether it lived up to the "ColorStay" in its name since I wore it over my Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer though.

All-in-all, it was a decent lipgloss for the price, even if it lacked the "wow" factor for me when I used it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!! This is such a nice plummy wine with soft shimmer color. I'm a PPP with pigmented lips and this has become one of my favorite go to colors. I usually do not like lip gloss because I do not like the goopy/sticky texture but this is not goopy or sticky. It does not wear for the 8 hours but does say on for several hours. The color looks very dark in the tube but it is not that dark on. A sheer layering is very pretty as is putting on the intented full amount. It is very versitle and great for an everyday "running errands" look or a glamour "date night" look as well. This is my favorite shade and sm very happy!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

This does stay on longer than most glosses, not 8 hours, that would be only in our dreams. I think I get a good 3-4 hours out of it, which is not bad. Withstands drinking, but not a full meal.
I like the color, itís not that much of a plum, has a lot of red in it. I wish it was more glossy though, but it does make up in color intensity -it looks the same on my lips as it does in the tube.
I like the texture: itís creamy and not sticky. Also, it does not dry out my lips like most long wear lip colors do.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lavendargirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Overtime Wine & Perpetual Plum & they are going back to the store - even though it was buy one, get one free. Both of the colors looked better in the tube than they did on me. My biggest complaint is that there is very little shine & after just a few minutes they looked really flat & dull. No objection to the taste or packaging - both were fine. Also I fell in love with Buxom Lips by Bare Escentuals over the weekend...sorry Revlon.