October 25, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lips - Giorgio Armani - Lip Wax

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE these, they are the only lip stains that I wear now. I have three colors - raspberry, chianti, and a bright red. The packaging is so cute and compact, each with its own mirror. I find these very easy to apply with a clean finger- concentrating the color on the inner part of the lips and allowing the color to fade out provides a pretty, "bitten" look that is really in. I always keep one of these in my purse, they are a nice change from the usual lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, the guilty pleasures of GA makeup...
Despite the horrifying price, I keep returning to the lip waxes, always keeping a #4 and a #6 with me. The #4 is a lovely, cool raspberry shade, and the #6 a rich wine colour. What I love about them is their versatility. When dabbed on sparingly with your fingertip, you achieve a "my-lips-but-better", subtle and flattering effect. When applied with a brush along with lipliner, they make very sophisticated (but not overly dramatic) made-up looking lips. Also, like the GA lipsticks, the comfort and durability is second to none. They keep your lips conditioned and soft- AND they look gorgeous. How can I not repurchase??

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Brachanam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new HG for lips! Just gorgeous. I have it in #1, nude beige and #8, warm rose. It lasts and lasts and lasts! The colors are just gorgeous. The #1 is just perfect for a nude lip, it just doesn't get better, IMHO. Sometimes I wear it matte with a smokey eye and it's just beautiful. If you want more color the #8 is also super pretty. I have had no problems with it drying out my lips at all - then again I use a lip balm every night, so maybe that helps. I also love the packaging and either use my ring finger or a lip brush to apply. To me it is totally worth the money, because I do not have to re-apply as often.

>> PS: For a glossy lip, MAC 'C-Thru' Lip Glass is delicious over Lip wax #1 and MAC 'Beaux' Lustreglass over Lip Wax #8 is super sexy without being to dark...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Ritual

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in #4, it's an amazing colour, I wear it everyday, it looks very natural, soft and silky, it's not shiny and lasts more than other lipsticks. I will definetily buy it again, one of the best lipsticks I have ever tried, for fans of natural, mat and smooth lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by jopolyn

*PICS*

I've come to save the reviews on a new HG product. I got this in a swap from a really sweet MUAer.

Color: I got #4 which is a berry color. I appears dark in the pot but on your lips it gives a nice berry tint which is totally buildable. My bf's mom tried it and did it lightly for a slight tint but I like to apply it to get more color and I can get it to a color closer to the pot.

Application: I used a brush at first but the brush had a bit of balm on it so the application was a bit different. I think using my ring finger works well to give me the more color and it fast and easy. It will stain your finger but you can rub it off your finger so your finger isn't perminately stained some red color. You definately need smooth lips for this because otherwise it will catch on flakes. I just buff out my lips first with a toothbrush or my C.O. Bigelow's lip buffer.

Texture: It's not a balm so your finger doesn't sink down into it when you touch the product. It's hard to explain, it's not that slippery either. I don't find it that drying but if you want you can put on a balm over top or a gloss. However this can affect the wear a tiny bit

Wear: This is what impressed me the most and is what sold the product for me. This thing lasts for a long time! I put it on and ate lasagna and color was still on my lips afterwards. Not much but still there. I also had it on one day and was drinking bubble tea through a straw and no transfer occured onto my straw and the color was still on after my drink. For me this is awesome because I have constantly searched for a lip stain which will go on smoothly (unlike theBalm's stainaics which unevenly stain my lips) and does not flake (like Maybellines Superstay lipcolors :P ugh what a disapointment). Once on it doesn't look like lipgloss or lipstick, it looks like your lips or natrually color. Love it ^^

Price: I think this is super expensive. I got it in a swap so I can't complain but I think it's like $25USD or like $30 CND! That's crazy expensive for me. I normally think $17 CND is expensive so this is like double the price. I guess is normal price for HE lip products though.

Packaging: Very sleek black packaging that has a mirror in the compact and says Giorgio Armani on the side.

Overall: I would love to try this in #6 because it would be a darker color and I want a dark lip color that won't transfer onto my teeth or move out of the lines of my lips. I would also like to try #7 because it seems like a pretty pink color. However, these very expensive so I would have to wait for a special ocassion or such

Picture:

For reference I am NW20 or MUFE HD 118 continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really willing to like this, but it has no chance. I was eager to try it cause of all the fuzz and it seemed like something innovative. It turned out to be a real WAX! Dries out the lips, really heavy on them, looks like you have chalk instead. Though it is lasting. I do not particularly like the colors either.. they must really work for you and you must really like it to be keen on this. Or it might work for someone who's looking for a matte lasting lip colour. I do like the minimalistic black design, but it's just ordinary and not special at all. Not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in shade #1 and it is HORRIBLE. It's one of the worst lipcolors I have ever tried. The shade was described as a nude beige. On my lips it's a greyish-nude-clay color. It made my (light pinkish/ unpigmented) lips completely disappear and I am someone with a full mouth. Needless to say I looked like a corpse. By far the worst nude shade I have ever tried on my NC 35- 40 skintone. I tried applying it with a brush and with my fingers, I tried using a little bit and a lot, I tried pairing it with different liners and glosses. Nothing can save this shade. As for the formula, it's just okay. The texture was not at all dry, but it looked and felt almost powdery, and it sank into every little line. I hear people comparing these to MAC's Mattene lipsticks. Well if this is Armani's attempt at competing with Mattenes, it's a joke. Mattenes (the greatest matte lipstick ever formulated) are superior to these in every single way, and they are cheaper. Save your money and skip these altogether.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was super excited to try these because of the great reviews. I went up to the Armani counter with anticipation. I was not happy with any of the colors. It does have a good texture and you can build color.

I would just say, the key is if the color works for you. I would recommend not buying these w/o trying them on first. On me #2 looked drab and dead, like muddy clay. #3 was much better, but I did not like it enough to buy.

I bought Viva Glam V1 from MAC, which is a truly gorgeous color. Wish that the texture of the GA and the color of the MAC could be in one product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in #2. My lips are fairly pigmented, so it's a lighter-than-MLBB shade on me. It feels good on (no drying or flaking), is very lightweight on the lips, and wears extremely well (even with lip balm on top). However, the shade is somewhat warm for my complexion (C3)--I saw that orange-y hue another reviewer mentioned appearing as the day wore on. And, frankly, I find this product very similar to LM's Lip Stains (but Shy Pink is a prettier, less chalky color and looks much better on me), but the Lip Stains feel a bit heavier on the lips. I ended up returning this and have not purchased another--it's not all that, IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Ninanuk

I bought this in #1, #2 and #6. The texture is very different but I find that I must use a lip brush to apply. I was hoping it would be more of a wax that just kind of sits on top of your lip and covers any of the dry spots, wrinkles, etc, but it isn't.

#1 is a FABULOUS color for the very nude lip. It's almost too nude for me, I think I should pair a lipgloss with it.
#2 is MLBB, but with a pink-rose tint to it. I like this the best of the 3 shades I tried, but b/c I can't apply it with my finger, I tend to put it on and not re-apply, which is kind of the point of MLBB.
#6 is a wine-red shade. Not too pink-toned, but not a blue-toned red either. In all honesty, it isn't my favorite red shade (that goes to Oona Noir) but it does stay put and is a nice color overall.

Packaging - nice size and I like tht it includes a mirror.

One complaint- it seems to attach itself to dryskin flakes. Yes, I know I should brush them off and moisturize well before wearing lippies, but I have very dry skin, and eczema that flares in the corners and at the bottom lip, so I can't ever really get a well-moisturized lip. The color deposits on those flakes and if you look up close, you can see it and it's not the prettiest.

I didn't say that I would repurchase b/c of the price and b/c there wasn't any one shade that really knocked me out. But I will say I'm glad to have these ones.