October 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Shampoo - Philip Kingsley - Body building shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was initially pleased with this as it really seemed to help lift the hair at the root and create volume in my long fine hair, but after a month of use I have found it too drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, and I have to say I'm not very impressed.
I got this hoping it would help thicken my fine hair (or give the illusion)... I have lots of it but it tends to fall flat no matter what products I use (it's also naturally silky and very long so most products weigh it down).
This shampoo if very clarifying and definitely adds shine, along with a healthy look to hair, but it does nothing as far as "body building", which is why I bought it in the first place.
I think the Aveda Shampure shampoo does a much better job at lifting up hair, and it doesn't strip hair but still gives it a good cleanse (cheaper and smells better too, in my opinion).
Gotta say, bit dissapointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

Been using this for a year now. It gives a fantastic shine to the hair, and has a mildly volumising effect. It smells really nice, lathers up well and is concentrated. I have oily hair, and sometimes get a slight build up on my scalp, so I occasionally add a few drops of tea tree oil. It's not de-greasing like Kerastase balancing shampoo, but I prefer it as it seems gentler. After a recent illness I've lost a lot of hair and I'm using this exclusively now, as it is giving volume and shine and helping me feel more confident.
Even better, the Philip Kingsley line is now available in M&S (UK). Also available online and from QVC. I use his moisture balance conditioner with this, elasticizer, maximizer and daily defence...I guess I'm a fan!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by evip

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shampoo for fine, limp and flyaway hair. Exactly as mine.
Very expensive shampoo -20 euros- with no results.
When you wash your hair it gives the impression that it adds a lot of extra volume. But the result did not last. After a few hours my hair are flat again.
The only pros is that it washes very well the sculp.
Of course not buy it again!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I have posted a very similar review for John Frieda Volumizing shampoo so please bear with me - I think it might help others with my hair concerns or result in some suggestions :) Like other Volumizing shampoos I find this shampoo has a split personality. I have to wash my hair almost every day as it is incredibly oily, fine and (most recently) also thinning slightly. When I use this shampoo with the green PK conditioner, my hair is either full of shine and volume OR lank, flat and dry at the ends. I alternate with John Frieda and I find that with both shampoos I need to use a small-ish amount and emulsify with warm water in my hand to produce a slight lather before I massage it in to my wet hair. It's taken a while to master but I still cannot rely on either of these ranges. With volumizing/oily hair shampoos I find they start off great but over a short time the results are very variable. I've also tried a very expensive Kerastase shampoo for oily scalp and hair, with the same results. I alternate with a mild clarifying shampoo once a week so I'm not sure what else I can do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by missemd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best Shampoo I have ever used!
I have super fine hair which I pretty much ruined by getting highlights put in over 7 months ago. No other shampoo has ever given me such brilliant thickening results as this one does.

You don't have to use too much product to get a good lather and when I rinse it out my hair already feels soft - something I'm not used to after only shampooing.

I follow on with the Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Conditioner - which is the most amazing conditioner I have ever used.

None of the P.K products smell very strong or very 'girly' but maybe thats a good thing as I am also prone to the odd patch of psoriasis on my scalp if a product has too many silicones or parabens in it.

I buy this from UK Hairdressers.com as they ship it to Australia for free and it works out to be about $21 AUD for the 250ml bottle which is a bargain compared to what I used to pay for Kerastase and Aveda products - especially if you buy at Australian prices.

If you have thin, flyaway and dry hair like I do - definitely give this shampoo a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by weewongwong

Great shampoo and conditioner, purchased both as 1000ml. Made my hair shiny, lovely and bouncy. Also hair feels squeaky clean but did not strip moisture. I was using a cheapo Dove shampoo before for ages and what a difference this makes, expensive but so worth it. I will not be using anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the travel set so that I could get the elasticizer. I held off on trying this, because my hair is wavy and generally dry. It also gets god awful tangles after washing. However, this shampoo is really great for my hair! It leaves is super clean but not at all stripped and straw like. The matching conditioner does a great job of detangling. My hair is super shiny and has body after using.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by shoobe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ingredients list
Aqua, VP/VA Copolymer, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Hydroxyethycellulose, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone,

Don't understand what's in this stuff but it's definitely body building! I don't think it's the gentlest shampoo on the market but I love the way it makes my hair bouncy yet manageable. Highly recommended but overpriced and the packaging is a bit rubbish. I am also prone to a flaky scalp and this doesn't seem to make it worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Norajimjom

well, I got this shampoo with moisture balance conditioner, and elastizer and I 've got to say that my hair condition has improved. I switch my hair products really often and now I've decided to stick with phillip kingsley. I'm not sure about body building thing since I don't really see much difference in my hair in this respect but it lasts for ages..may be pricy but for it to last so long I guess it's worth it.