December 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Vinyl

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the colour of this! its a gorgeous plum colour (: the only thing im not keen on is the smell, its pretty horrible, but i can deal with it cos its such a nice colour. quite pricey but a nice colour with a slight shimmer. the packaging is gorgeous, i love the pretty purple colour and the dagger. id buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I really like this! I don't mind the packaging or the scent. Don't you guys get tired of the same old boring lippie cases? I think the UD ones are very creative and unique. I also think the smells are fine. This particular one smells like grape kind of while another I have smells like candy corn.

Anyhow, I really like Vinyl. I don't have a problem with the shimmer. In fact, I don't see much at all after I apply it. I also love the color. Its a perfect reddish grape! I wish the formula lasted a BIT longer, but its not a deal breaker. Overall: YAY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

I really wanted to love this. As others have stated the packaging is ridiculous. It's huge and heavy.

The base color of this is gorgeous. A red grape, the perfect mix of plum/purple/and red. Unfortunately, the shimmer in this ruins it for me. It's not too big or gritty or anything like that, it's just that collectively, it seems to put this royal purple metallic frost on over the beautiful plum grape color. If I hold my head a certain way, I still see the color I want. Unfortunately the way I normally hold my head makes me look like I've got crayola on my lips.

Disappointed, won't purchase again. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love the cool plum color of this UD lipstick "Vinyl". I've been searching high and low for the perfect plum lip for fall and this is it. Applies perfectly and has just the right hint of shimmer - long lasting, too. The only downside is the horribly bukly packaging. I don't mind the little dagger on the end but the tube is huge, eeeeek! It would be super cute if it was half the size. I love the color and consistency so much I'm still giving it a 5, but this one will be staying at home in the makeup bag, not one you can slip in a pocket for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I bought this because I really loved the color, which is a semi-sheer plum with a bit of glitter in it that doesn't really show up on the lips. However, I find the glitter makes it really gritty and therefore it goes on very unevenly. Definitely moisturize before you put this on! The smell is also a little off-puting, it's kind of like a rancid licorice. The packaging, while nice looking, is a pain since you have to lift it out by the little dagger on top, a small piece that can easily snap off leaving you with no way to get the lipstick out. I wouldn't buy this again; I'll see if I can find the same color with a better formula and better packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by righteothen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product so far. This is the first plum that I found that was not too matte for my lips, which is nice. It's a purple-red (like the skin of a plum, or the flesh around the pit), and it beautiful on my pale skin. While I can tell there is what looks like very fine glitter in the tube, there is absolutely none visible when applied. The smell of this is like a freshly baked waffle cone, but disappeared almost immediately upon application. The texture is moisturizing, without being overly creamy or loose. The tube is huge, and the dagger to open the tube with seems like it would be easy to break off in your bag. I would suggest padding not only for this reason, but also because is could damage other items in your bag.

Overall, I am happy with this color, and might purchase more in this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by vyxxyn

1 lippie off because of unnecessarily bulky packaging, I mean this thing is about 3x as heavy as a regular lipstick, although the stick itself is of average size. This packaging will not fit into single lipstick cases and I'd recommend stowing it away into a cosmetic pouch rather than leave it loose among the contents of your handbag. Reason being the dagger part can snag your delicate bag lining, tear paper and stuff. Moreover it looks kinda flimsy I'm paranoid of it breaking off. If it does, I'd have difficulty prying off the cap to get my lipstick out :( VINYL is a deep red shade with plum accent, not quite dark like what's portrayed on UD's website. If I based my choice solely on online pictures I wouldn't have bought this shade LOL. Color is intense and has above average staying power. Texture is halfway between matte and emollient, but certainly way more emollient than the old UD lipsticks in bullet packaging. Scent is licorice (anise alcohol is one of the listed ingredients), and tastes unpleasantly like bitter licorice caramel, definitely not sweet at all. The only reason I'd repurchase is that I love the shade as long as other brands don't have this color. I've been wanting a red-plum shade and this is perfect.