July 31, 2014 | 967 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Pencil in Shimmering Plum 4L

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess I should have been warned when the color description is "soft plum SHEEN." The color, while pretty, is too subtle. It does have MUFE's great staying power, but the color payoff isn't enough; plus it turned slightly reddish on my lids, making it look like I'd been crying or had a mild allergy attack. Now I'm stuck with an entire stick of this. I'm going to go running back to Urban Decay 24/7 in Rockstar, a deep, dark plum. It may not have the staying power of MUFE, but the color is gorgeous.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have yet to be impressed with MUFe aqua eyes. This plum tone color is so sheer and it does not show up and I really have to push it. But yeah, the sheer unflattering line that you get, stays on pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Shainaelise

RETURNING! why did it get soo many good reviews? Didn't show up till i really dug into my water line and still it was nothing special. go with a different brand of eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by doedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just started using MUFE 4L and love it. Been using it for 3 days now and it hasn't smeared, rubbed off, flaked or anything. At first I was worried it would be difficult to remove since it said on the pencil that it's waterproof but then it came off immediately at night when I used Neutrogena eye makeup remover. Because the texture of the pencil is creamy, it might seem to be difficult to apply but if you keep the pencil sharp, it usually applies pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by KamiSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stay away from the 4L, but do try other MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliners as they are fabulous! This was the third MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliner that I've purchased in the last five months. I purchased the 2L (pearly brown) and loved it so much (I was wearing it every day for two months!) that I purchased the 1L (star black). I thought I'd add a purple to my eyeliner collection and bought the 4L as it was more a true purple than the 6L (purple black). The 4L just doesn't work on your eyelid. It will glide across the back of your hand when you test it in the store, but it doesn't draw a nice smooth line on your eyelid. I took it back to Sephora and exchanged it for the 6L and I'm happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by belladonnawildheart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this. On Sephora's website the color looked exactly like the shade of plum I was searching for. Sadly, these do not last any longer than a regular eyeliner and they're very difficult to apply. I was literally ready to light the end of this with a lighter (like we did in HS) to try and warm this up so it wouldnt tug on my lids.
The color wasnt all that spectacular either. I much prefer UD 24/7 liner in 1999 as opposed to this. This one was sent back to Sephora and I wont be purchasing any other liners from this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jessih3

This didn't work at all for me. The color looked beautiful, but did not show up dark enough on me. It didn't last any longer than a regular eyeliner, either. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the MUFF liquid waterproof eyeliner and wasn't too happy with it. Terrible tiny brush and very harsh looking. I then purchased the waterproof pencil in this shade, and I'm pretty happy with it. I have dark eyes and dark hair with very fair skin and the color is very pretty on me (if I do say so myself!). I was actually surprised that I still had it on at the end of the day - needed a little refreshing, but I honestly think it has great staying power and although there will be days I want my black liner - this is softer, but still gave definition. I will be trying other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As much as i love the gold, bronze and bronze- green pencils, this one is mediocre at best. I agree with the reviewer below that it is somewhat waxy and not opaque enought for the depth of the shade. Staying power is excellent, but so are Mac Powerpoints. In my experience if you buy the MUFE Aqua pencils that have "metallic" in the description they are awesome..super shimmerry metallic and smooth. Sadly i think i will be reutning this one and would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by heather_dawn_77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG eyeliner! I put this on after using Urban Decay Shadow Primer and it stays put all day. Looks freshly applied, no fading, no smearing, just perfect. I'll never use another eyeliner after trying this one!!! I'm assuming it's a mixture of the quality of the primer and the liner! Both are great products!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! And the shade is perfect for bringing out my green eyes!