April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer in Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaAmourr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to know what all the hype was about the Cle de Peau concealer so I marched over to the counter at Saks and tried some on underneath my eyes. I have really dark circles from stress and lack of sleep so I look a little ill if I do not cover it up. I am Toast in Revlon ColorStay, #8 in GA Luminous Silk, #5 in MAC Matchmaster and Warm Honey 5.5 in Bobbi Brown. I was hesitant because I am brown skinned and there wasn't a large selection of colors. The formula goes on VERY smooth. It's like warm, velvety, butter, to say the least. It is best for my undereye circles and any dark blemish spots I have. I can only use it on the darker areas of my face. I melt some on my fingertip and apply it on my face. The warmth of my skin melts it a little so it goes on better. I use this everyday and I see it will last me a long time. I just wish it wasn't $70!! It's the most expensive makeup item I own! If something better (and less expensive) comes along, I'll jump on it, but for now this is the best concealer for me. 1 lippie off for price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by danarana

I adore this concealer! I have NC43 skin tone and dark hereditary eye circles, the Honey shade was a perfect match for me. I balked at the price, but was curious about the hype so I paid $82 for this on Strawberrynet.

The texture is creamy and highly pigmented. It glides onto my skin easily, and I use a brush to lightly blend it in. I found the concealer doesn't crease or crack if I use my primer underneath (it does crease if I use a heavy moisturizer underneath) and finishing powder on top. It doesn't appear cakey on the skin. Initially I hesitated because the price was too high, but I have been using this concealer 5 times a week for the past 12 months and I am about 1/2 way through! I will definitely be repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Jury is still out on this oneÖthe color seems a bit off (Iím a NC 44 and MUFE HD in 155), itís kind of heavy, itís hard to swipe just a little bit of it and it is hard for me to blend. It kind of sits there on my skin. I blend and blend and truthfully I do not see much of a difference with it. Maybe it is just me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to admit that I bought this to see what all the hype was about,even though I have been completely satisfied with my Benefit Boiing for the last couple of years.yes it sticks to the skin well,coverage is great and wears for several hours,but it creased under my eyes and did nothing more spectacular than the benefit concealer.So I will see how long this little blue tube lasts and then determine if it is worth buying again because my benefit lasts me only a couple of months and this I'm sure will last much longer.so we'll see which one is the better deal.for reference I use MUFE HD in 128 and this color is a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Lived up to the hype pretty well. Didn't run on me. Great coverage/highly pigmented, but not cakey (may want to use an eye cream first.) Lasted pretty well on the skin.

CONS: Poor color variety (there were only four.) Price.

ALTERNATES: For DS alternate, Mayb. Mineral Power. HE alternate is Dior Hydrating (have to layer that one if you want heavier coverage, but it's beautiful). I adore Stila's stay all day concealer for lasting power but also doesn't make my eye skin look crepey/dry.

****I'm an N15 (leaning toward NC), and I was ivory. Honey was way too dark for me and too orange.***

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupmyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this concealer for about 2 yrs now. I do love it. However, it does tend to crease a little bit throughout the day. I've tried using a lighter moisturizer under my eye and the concealer seems to set better when I do that. I have awful dark under eye circles so this helps minimize them a lot! I warm a little bit of my the concealer up on the back of my palm and I gently pat it under my eye then I apply a loose powder to finish. It works miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by redweddy

Wow. No wonder why the reviews have been positive...this is probably the best concealer that I have ever tried. For reference, I use Bare Minerals Golden Medium foundation, MUFE full cover #12, Cargo OneBase # 4. This concealer lasts longer than all the others (by "others" I mean maybelline mineral power, physician's formula, MUFE full cover, Cargo One Base, Smashbox camera ready, Clinique all about eyes plus many, many more). It's dry in consistency so moisturizing one's skin prior to application is a plus. I use it for blemishes on my face and for my dark under-eye circles. I put it on around 7 am and by 6 pm, the concealer is still on -- perhaps some darkness is already showing through but it's still a lot better than when I was using all those "others." I think I will be buying this again...and if I find it on ebay, then all the better :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Syna

I just bought this concealer from SAKS after reading all the raves on MUA and honey is a perfect match for my skin colour.I am between 7 and 8 in LSF,128 in MUFE HD and 35 in MUFE Mat Velvet. I must agree with the previous reviewer that while i tried it on at the store, it looked a little dry on blemishes and under eyes but i guess it was just coz i missed my moisturizer this morning..but color wise .which has been a huge issue with me ..matches and the covers well..I will update if it breaks me out or continues to go dry..so far m liking it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I, too, wear 6.5 on Armani LSF - also 155 in MUFE HD and 34 in MUFE Face & Body, MAC c40 (sometimes nc35 for the foundation products that run a litte darker). This concealer is a dead-ringer for my beloved Stephane Marais concealer in #5, which I use in the summer. The Ocher concealer is a little light on me and yellow - which turns my undereye area bright 'n' ashy, but it's always been good to take the red out and make blemishes disappear on my cheeks and forehead. This Honey color is just a hair off from the Stephane Marais #5, juuuust a hair, a tiny touch lighter, which to me is a-ok! I really love what it's doing for my undereyes. I haven't yet seen this in bright sunlight, which may prompt me to blend with a little Ocher, but I'll see and update this review. For now, perfecto.

Updated - next day. I finally got to see this in bright sunlight compared to my skin, and compared to Stephane Marais' #5 concealer, and it is a hair to 2 hairs lighter than the other concealer, and a very very good match for my face! I'm even more pleased than the evening before!

Note: it does seem to be a little drier, which I personally don't mind - I don't need powder to set it. That also means in the summer, it won't be sliding all over the place. I am loving this stuff. Next I'll see how it holds up to a day at work. :)

Updated yet again: I can't use it. It's too freaking dry! My old Ochre didn't react this way. Very disappointed. Now I turn to Eve Pearl's concealer (it's not as opaque, but because it is salmon colored, it counteracts the blue. *shrug* It works). Dammit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bijouxqueen

Hello HONEY! It's about time...Fabulous new color for darker complexions in the legendary Cle de Peau concealer ...I don't consider myself to be all that dark (MAC NC35; Armani 6.5) and HONEY works like magic for me...It COMPLETELY erases my dark circles. I had been using ochre, which was a bit too light...and I didn't even realize it until I tried HONEY. If you---like me---are not among those who favor a lighter concealer, you too will be delighted!

UPDATED: Just a bit too dark...I'm now mixing honey with ochre for a perfect match.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No