October 1, 2014 | 2033 users online

Powder - Zhen - Zhen Dual Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by freddifredda

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite wet/dry powder foundation, I use it dry for an opague finish, I chose the CREAM color gives me a youthful glow!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pastelstar1

I don't usually use powder foundations (and only picked this up in a clearance bin for super cheap to use as pressed powder), but I love the colour of this - the greyish yellow is weird but disappears into my skin. The colour reminds me of my long lamented L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte in Bare Beige (oh how I miss thee). A lot of yellow toned foundations are too fake a shade for my skin, and it takes a lot of testing to find something that suits me, so when I find something I stick to it, hence me using just 2 foundations long-term for most of my makeup-using experience. I use this when I just need to even out my skin a little without using my regular foundation, especially when I'm a bit tanned and don't need extra colour. I don't like to use it as pressed powder, it's way too pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sabong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've finally found my HG foundation. I used Zhen's Light Diffusing Foundation for six years, but I prefer the Dual Powder Foundation because it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I can finally wear foundation in hot weather without worrying about it melting off of my face. The coverage is light, although you can probably build it up to medium coverage. It didn't feel cakey to me. I use this in both wet and dry form. This is great for travel, since you don't have to worry about it leaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by wild_cherry

This is my first time using loose powder on my face, I usually use pressed. I really like the way this product covers and stays on. I wish it came with a brush though.
I'm not asian so I bought it Bamboo. The color fits nicely with my skin tone. I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AloeAll

the powder foundation color that I tried is Almond and I found that it is overall too brown and grey for me. the light colors from Zhen are too pink even if it was stated that it was for yellow toned people. The foundation powder does not do well with oily people. During the summer I notice it started to slide down my face and T-zone. Overall the coverage is light but building or applying more does not cover much. If I have to compare Zhen powder foundation to the cosmetic found in Asia I would say Asia's cosmetics foundation is better due to better colors and the powders in Asian are better made (better R&D which is not fair because Zhen is a family business but they can hired or outsource a guy do make it better). Zhen dual powder foundation looks like concrete in the compact and the sponge looks cheap, for the price they are charging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by mac123

The dual powder foundation is my staple. I use "Cream" and it blends with my skin softly and smoothly. Afterward, for a more 3-dimensional look, I use the Stila Illuminating Powder in 20 Watts to highlight cheekbones, just under the brows, chin and jawline. Consistency is smooth and coverage is relativey light, though buildable to medium. I've never used wet so can't comment on that. What I don't like is the cheesy gold lame cover. Generally, Zhen has a lot of potential as a company geared toward Asians, but their line is very limited and consists of many glittery and coppery formulations, which end up making me look like I'm ill. As a cool-toned asian with light skin there is no way I can wear most of them. I need blue-based colors for shadows, blushes, and lip color and in this area there's hardly any. This is the only item I use from the company.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2003 10:29:00 PM More reviews by curiouslilannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This it doesn't seem to cover oiliness well, but then again it's not a blotting powder. I have this in almond, and it matches my skin perfectly. The packaging looks kind of cheap (your basic black rectangular compact with zhen logo in gold.) I think the coverage is minimal, but very natural. I put it one once and didn't see much of a difference, but my friend swore my skintone was evened out. Okay stuff. I'm on the fence about this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2003 4:34:00 PM More reviews by pc1546

The color (Sand) matches my skin tone but the foundation is as dry as pressed powder. I like the texture of Stila's and Laura Mercier's powder foundation, but neither has a color that suits my complexion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2003 7:56:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

The color was not the problem for me, it was dry cake-y feel this product left. I even tried applying a little moisturizer under the powder, but it didn't help much. This also felt heavy and thick by mid day. Too bad...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2002 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Other than the foundation colors not matching my yellow/olive skin tone at all this did not do anything for me. Didn't have any coverage at all for me. I think I would get more out of regular loose or pressed powder than I would with this.