July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Nail Tools - Sally Hansen - Strengthening for Weak, Thin Nails Fast & Gentle Polish Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Whitelighter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First time to use this product so far it doesn't dry up my nail leaving yellowish marks after taking off the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favourite so far. I've been using this for years. Good price for the amount you get, I got if for ca 3.50 euros / 8 fl oz/236.5 ml. I don't use glitter polishes so I cannot comment on that. It takes my black nail polish off pretty decently and doesn't seem to dry my nails out so I'm all happy. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I remember I used to paint my nails everyday with a nail polish remover I bought at ulta on clearance. My nails were the strongest they've ever been. Then I ran out. I bought this other kind. My nails were WAAAAAAYYYY weaker after one use. After continuos use cuz I had nothing else, my nails started to split. They never did that before. When I decided enough was enough and I didn't kno how much longer I could take it at about half the bottle, I looked into sally hansen cuz she is trusted. I bought this and even though nail polish remover isn't good for u too often, this made my nails rock hard. It worked like a strengthener for me. And I will definetly buy this again not because I need to clean my nails, cuz it worked! I'm thinking about trying the moisturizing one she had. I should've bought it because it was on sale at target for $2. And I had a five in my pocket.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I have always used Sally Hansen polish removers since I started wearing nail polish. I have ventured to try other brands and have always gone back to SH because I thought all polish removers performed the same and SH was, in my view, fair retail value & effective as any other. That is, until I started using a non-acetone polish remover from the Canadian brand Joe Fresh.

Here is my comparison of the two polish removers under the headings which I feel covers the most important aspects of the products:

(a) Effectiveness in removing dark nail polish:
Both brands perform equally well. The JF takes a wee bit more effort to dissolve the polish because it is non-acetone and for that fact I think the JF is the healthier choice.

(b) Effectiveness in removing glitter polish:
This is a surprise to me, Joe Fresh removes glitter polish better than SH. Woah?!

(c) Smell:
Joe Fresh stinks less, another plus for non-acetone!

(d) Effects on my natural nails:
Hereís the biggest kickÖmy nails have stopped chipping and peeling since I switched over to JF. All these years Iíve been complaining that my nails are too weak and brittle, that I canít grow nails any longer than 4mm and have marvelled at women who can grow amazingly long and strong nails. Iíve tried supplementing by using growth inducing/enhancing nail serums and the likes, but none have actually made a noticeable difference in the health of my nails. On top of my biological predispositions for thin weak nails, I often used them as staple removers at the office (this is not advisable by the way). 3 weeks after I switched over to JF, my nails feel noticeably thicker, stronger and have grown much longer than it has ever been. I just cannot believe the answer to my problem all these years had to come down to a measly polish remover! Some of you might be thinking, ďNo duh, everybody and their mother knows this factĒ, but I never thought of it because I thought all polish removers were the same.

In conclusion, I highly urge you to try changing your nail polish brand if you feel like your natural nails are in bad condition and need to be nurtured back to health. In my case, never knew that my nails were so sensitive that the SH polish removers made the conditions worse. I hope this review and insight helps somebody.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent nail polish remover. Not drying, and removes polish quickly and easily, including very dark colours, and liquid sand glitters.

I transferred to a different bottle, as the open top made it too easy to pour out too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought the pink one, and I love it. I find that this doesn't really dry my nails, and I get very easily get my nail polish off in one swipe! For those who say it's very difficult, I recommend that you soak a cotton pad in the remover, then place it over your nail for a while before swiping it off in one firm stroke. One pad is enough to get through three fingers, which is good enough for me since I've used worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by epaton

I've tried a few Cutex, Manicare and Priceline polish removers but this one is the best of the lot. I have a bit of a problem with dry cuticles and peeling, flaking nails but this seems to be gentler than other removers I've tried, while still doing a decent job of removing polish. Will continue to purchase (even though it's about $5.50 for 150ml AU).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by DessieDarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the pink remover because it was so cheap and I didn't feel like shelling out too much money on such a simple thing. This remover does dry out my nails a bit but that has happened to me with every polish remover that I have ever tried. The only real reason I buy this is because it's so cheap and because to me it doesn't smell bad. I am really sensitive to smells and I barely even wear perfume because of it. I used to have to sit by a window in order to use polish remover but this one has a slight floral scent that is much more bearable than others I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by loreij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

it's cheap, it removes nail polish easily and doesn't dry out nails as much as other nail polish removers i've tried in the past. also, there's an acetone-free version that is less damaging for the nails.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This remover (with the pink cap) works well to remove polish quickly. It has ingredients like panthenol and vitamin E that lessen the drying effects of acetone. The bottle opening is large, so if I'm not careful, too much remover comes out.