Chagrin Valley Hemp Mango Mint Lotion Bar

Not tested on animals

on 7/3/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lotion bar as a lip treatment - just rub the bar straight on my lips.
The tin is very portable and I take it with me anywhere. I use this on my lips as often as I feel like it (and I have to confess I reapply more because I love the texture and the tingly minty feeling it leaves behind rather than sheer need because my lips are dry again) and they never get gross or built up, like it happens with waxy products with me. And also, needless to say, it hydrates lips a lot better than the petrolatum based oilslicks in sticks they sell everywhere. The lotion is moisturising and soft but it doesn't end up migrating all over my face when applied, something that drove me nuts with regular balms. Even if it migrated, I use CV products on my face all the time and by comparing ingredients I highly doubt that getting this lotion bar all over would make me break out.

Gotta love the skin friendly ingredients!

I wrote I would buy this again once I run out, but this is going to last me ages so that will not be for a while. I've been using it constantly for months and I have barely made a dent in it.

on 12/6/2012 9:28:00 AM

Oh definitely will repurchase! I absolutely LOVE the fresh minty scent and the packaging is cute and very portable. The bar is semi-soft and you jsut warm it up in your hands for a bit. I find lotion bars best for elbows, knees, feet, hands rather than all-over moisturising. Love that you can buy refills plus they are a cheaper : )

on 3/28/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Standard lotion bar with high quality ingredients. If you've never used a lotion bar before, don't expect, well, lotion. Instead, lotion bars are the consistency of a soy candle that gets softer when you warm it between your hands. As such, it is great for those really dry areas of your body (feet, elbows, etc.) but not for overall body application. Also, lotion bars are nice and portable. I love that CV offers several varieties that have different butters in them; it's not just the same ingredients with different scents. I also like that you can purchase refills for cheaper than the ones in a tin! The Hemp Mango Mint is the only CV lotion bar I've tried. It has a minty smell but is not overwhelming you with mintiness. I highly recommend - as long as you are wanting a lotion bar (if you're not, you'll probably be disappointed).

on 9/5/2008 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Smells wonderful! Strong minty scent, really refreshing. I rub it all over my body and the formula is extra soft, the softest lotion bar I've tried as it melts fast when in contact with skin.

Ingredients: Mango Butter; Hempseed Butter; Unrefined Hemp Seed Oil; Aloe Butter; Unrefined Beeswax; Jojoba Oil; Almond Oil; Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil; vitamin E oil; and essential oils of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Spearmint.