August 1, 2014 | 1902 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - Honey Butter Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by bowslace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could only choose one of Chagrin Valley's soaps to use for the rest of my life - it would be Chagrin Valley's Honey Butter Soap.
I ended up taking a chance on a huge scrap sack and kinda hoped for the best.

Smell - It doesn't have a strong scent. It has a soft honey smell. Very light and soothing.
Face / Body - my skin feels so soft and moisturized after washing with this soap. I have pretty dry skin and it gobbles up all the moisture this bar has to offer. Other CV soaps weren't as moisturizing as I needed them to be, but this one is perfect! One day I forgot to apply my Lotion Bar and my skin didn't get dry and ash-y. I can't wait to try it during winter - when my face gets so dry that it hurts to smile.
Hair - I LOVE this as a shampoo as well. With commercial shampoos (my last shampoo was Clear), I could literally FEEL the much-needed moisture being stripped from my hair. I had to slather on copious amounts of conditioner just to make it feel somewhat better. Now, the Honey Butter Soap is all I need as a Shampoo & Conditioner. After an ACV rinse and letting my hair air-dry, my hair was sooo silky smooth. I was able to run my fingers through my hair!! As a dry, curly-headed girl.. that's usually a general no-no.
Lather - It lathers up nicely and feels almost lotion-y. very silky and hydrating.

Con - this soap may not be for you if you have oily skin or oily hair. I would think that it might weigh your hair down. But, everyone is different and it might be your hallelujah.

I've been using this soap (as well as many other CV goodies) for a couple of months exclusively and I can say, without question, as long as Chagrin Valley is still in business, I'll be purchasing all my Hair Care / Body Care products from them. A sample bar is $2.70 and lasts a LONG time. Worth a shot, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Magdificent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this Honey Butter soap. It is a great one for when the air gets dry in Autumn/Winter. It is very moisturizing and mild!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love Chagrin Valley products. I have placed 3 orders so far & recently got a sample size of the Honey Butter soap. This bar is amazing! Super moisturizing and perfect for my dry, sensitive skin that continually itches all year round. I recently had a bad chemical burn on my face from a name brand drugstore face wash aimed at sensitive skin. I hid from the world for about a month b/c it was so inflamed & painful I couldn't even put makeup on to cover it. I bagged up all my cleansers, makeup, bodywashes etc. & decided I had to go chemical free. Placed an order w/ chagrin valley soap & salve, this family run business saved my skin. Not only can I wear shorts & skirts b/c my legs aren't breaking out but for the first time my skin can really breathe & I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin. They have shampoo bars (best thing I ever did for my long hair), salves and even shampoo bars for dogs & babies. Prices are about $7.50 for a huge bar that lasts several months & scents to please everyone plus they offer sample sizes for $2.60 so you can try several w/o going broke. Ingredients are listed on website so you can see the quality of each product even organic & vegan soaps. Customer service is top notch & your stuff is shipped fast. Good skin or bad doesnt matter try this soap or find one suited to you from this great company!
EDIT!! I have tried numerous products from this company since writing this review & even though the Honey Butter soap is nice and my skin is dry I have others I like better b/c HB seems to melt extremely fast. Even keeping it out of the spray it takes for ever to dry and I feel like its wasted. Winter Survival soap is excellent for dry skin with a nice uplifting minty scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Amazing soap, quite possibly the best quality I've ever used. No frills, nothing extra, just superb gentle soap. It's one of my favorite facial soaps (I use other CV soaps on my face) and it's the only soap my husband uses at all. He has eczema and I can't say that this soap heals it, but it's the only thing that stops it from getting worse.

Like most of CV's complexion soaps, this is also a good gentle shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. I was afraid the cocoa was going to break me out, but it didn't! This is fairly gentle and not too drying, which is important for my hypersensitive, reactive, problematic skin. I might buy another sample to use during the summer, because for now I've fallen in love with Ida's Olive & Shea soap for my face. It's even more moisturising than this one, and even gentler. I'll be sticking to that for a while because my skin has been very raw recently. I'm definitely repurchasing the Honey Butter at some point though!

Highly recommend this soap bar! If you store it properly, even a sample will last you a good 4 months. This soap creates a gentle frothy lather and smells really, really nice. It makes your skin feel ridiculously soft, and washes clean off - no need to rub at your skin. It's also one of the harder/firmer soaps, so it lasts forever and doesn't go gooey on you. Get one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this soap. I really did. I have been wanting to start using more natural products from small, independent businesses. And I had high hopes for this. But, to my disappointment, this burned, irritated and dried out my skin. I do have sensitive skin and generally stick to products that are specifically marketed as being for sensitive skin- so it's been awhile since I have had a reaction like this. The sample bar (fortunately they sell small, inexpensive sample sizes) went right into the trash. If I want to go all natural, Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps have never caused me any problems...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

We (my itchy little eczema-infested daughter) and I loved this! It is a light tan colored soap, with very little to no scent. It has a fatty, smooth texture and lathers up very well. This is a very good soap for eczema sufferers-very moisturizing and softening to the skin, and my little one's "itchies" got better while we were using it. Definetly good for wintertime as well! I even was able to wash her fine textured, curly hair with it-rinses very clean. One sample-sized bar lasted a good long time, and I would definetly buy it in full size. Full size is around 7.00 or so, and a sample is 2.60-seems like a lot, but, as I mentioned, this is a very long lasting soap, and worth every penny, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff saves my skin in the long, dry New England winters. I adore most everything Ida from Chagrin Valley makes, but I particularly adore this soap. Thick, rich, creamy lather, lovely soft scent, and it leaves my skin clean but not stripped. If all you've ever used are sulfate packed d/s or other etailer soaps, you are in for a treat. This combined with a salux wash cloth kicks the butt of any scrub in terms of exfoliation. Baby soft skin. The bars are packaged in cute little paper bags with a sticker that has the name and ingredients. I cannot speak highly enough of this soap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This soap saved my scaly dry skin! My legs get so dry they become white and look scaly but this soap made my skin so soft, even without a lotion. It smells like shea butter to me. Must buy a full sized one! My favourite CV soap so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this honey butter soap, great for cold winters, but for me summer time its too moisturizing, i love chagrin valley, Im sold on there hair and bath soaps, EXCELLENT!!!