August 21, 2014 | 2108 users online

Cleansers - Chagrin Valley - Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt Complexion Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff works wonders on my face. Almost no pimples anymore! It does dry out my face a bit, but nothing a good moisturizer can't solve.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Chagrin Valley soaps for seven months now, and there are a bunch of them I love love love and will use forever as long as they're still available. Like the reviewer below, this is not one of those products for me. I have very sensitive, highly reactive dry/combo skin and this soap broke me out, and gave me blocked pores.
I think I'm just not able to use clay, which is too bad because I also bought a sample of the other facial soap with clay and rose and I'm afraid to try it. This isn't very moisturising either. You should be fine if you have normal/oily skin and have previously used clays with no problem in your cleansing routine before. If you haven't and/or have dry/sensitive skin, do a patch test before using this soap all over your face to test for any reactions.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylayke

I love many soaps by Chagrin Valley, but this is not among my favorites. I have combination & sensitive skin, and this soap was a bit too drying and seemed to make me break out. But, I am trying out a couple of the other CV complexion bars to see if there might be another one that is right for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has got to be the most amazing soap in the world. I use this for both my face and hands. I was very skeptical about putting a bar soap on my face. But really... it tightens my pores, refines my skin, and makes my face glow. I also have extremely dry hands, and even gentle "moisturizing soaps" tend to dry them out. This soap makes my hands SO soft. This is by far my favorite soap ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a clay mask for my face. When I take a shower the first thing I do is rubbing the bar between my damp hands and then I apply the foamy lather to the whole face, avoiding the eyes carefully. I leave the Rhassoul on when I wash my hair and body and after rinsing my skin has that tight and clean after-clay mask feeling. Simple to use as well, it takes no time and you won't have to wait for it to dry. I hardly ever use my old clay mask favorite from Apivita anymore now that I've found this. You can also use it for chest and back area to avoid break-outs (and it's great to wash away pore-clogging sunscreen).

Ingredients: Saponified oils of sunflower, palm, coconut, unrefined shea butter, palm kernel, rice bran, mango butter, and castor bean; rhassoul clay; organic whole milk yogurt; organic aloe vera; essential oils of lavender, coriander, pink grapefruit, and tangerine; vitamin E oil and rosemary oil extract.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No