April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Eye Shadow - Prestige - eyeshadow in Golden Retriever

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Snagged the last one of this shade (golden retriever) at Walgreens and I'm so glad I did! Was initially skeptical that the shade would work for me -- it looks a bit garish in the compact & extremely shimmery. On the lid, however, it is perfection! So silky/buttery in texture with no fallout whatsoever. It feels expensive when I apply it. The golden shade surprises me; I honestly had my doubts I could pull it off, but it makes my blue eyes really stand out. It's definitely a warm shade of deep gold and since I have neutral/warm undertones, it looks great on me. Not sure it's a color that would work on cool-toned ladies, though. I wear this eyeshadow on my lid and in the crease. Since my eyes are deep-set, I usually avoid browns on my lid. I usually stick to vanilla or champagne shades on my lid to brighten and draw out my eyes from the sockets. Occasionally, I'll wear something in a taupe shade, but it has to be a gray-taupe, not brownish (or I look like death). The gold shade is such a wonderful alternative -- it doesn't exacerbate the hollows of my eyes, it simply offsets the blue of my eyes and gives my lids some warmth & dimension. Try this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Mellaaayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is amazing for my skin tone. I do get fall out when I blend it, but it's nothing to worry about. It has a very soft texture, and it shows up like gold foil on my eyelids. You get so much of a great product for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by rookiemk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Golden Retriever is a beautiful metallic gold. This is one of the prettiest golden, if not the prettiest, golden eye shadows I'd come across. It is an amazingly smooth and pigmented eye shadow with hardly any fall out. Not only that, but you get a ton of product for a cheap price. I would definitely recommend. For a matter of fact, I think I'm going back to get another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this eyeshadow! It's a lovely gold, similar to Urban Decay's Half Baked. It has such a smooth texture and wears well. I was skeptical of Prestige e/s at first, but I was so wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Such a beautiful color this really brings me back, this was the first shadow I ever bought and this was when I was in 7th grade. I've owned numerous of these and I love it its a very pigmented shimmery gold, you can use a light hand if you wanted to to get a lighter application. This brand is extremely extremely hard to find, the only place I can find it now is at rite aid I believe I got mine for $3 but the pan is huge and will last you a while

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Beautiful gold colour that is relatively inexpensive. I've been using this for several years. Amazing texture. Although it is the sort of shadow that will literally suit everyone, i have to say, this does great things for browns esp. I have brown eyes and this is perfect to bring them out. It looks good with purples, blues, browns. You can use it all by itself for a nice look. I think this with blue mascara is a cute look. Everybody else has described the colour in detail... I just wanted to list some eyeshadow combos this will look good in, in case anybody is at a loss. I saw a great reviewer do this in some mac reviews, (she hs a site called macshadowcombos.com if u wanna see the pics to go with the suggestions)
and found it beyond helpful so i though i'd pay it forward, with cheaper products :) mua is a great resource n sharing ground for these things...
By itself, and dark or bright blue eyeliner. alternatively, mac tilt along crease, this all over lid, dark blue or purple (i use a nameless one by EL) to deepen crease n along lower lashline.
Mac stars n rocket all over lid, mac cranberry in crease/outer v, GR in middle to inner corner of lid.
Orange shadow (i hav a nameless one by mikyajy) to crease, GR on lid, and light yellowish highlighter colour on inner corners.
Blackish reddish colour on outer 3rd of lid (i use the definer shade frm wet n wild comfort zone), mac antiqued or patina on inside n middle of lid, GR dabbed on the middle to inner corners.
Mac cranberry on outer v, gr on outer third of lid, up to outer v. Mac vanilla or WnW brulee or any whitish matte blended on middle lid to inner corners.
Dark green all over lid. (i use bella pierre's but u cn use wever u hav) and lower lashline. Lighter green from crease and blended outwards till it's almost on brow bone. GR on middle to inner corners.
Smudged out black liner (eg mac smoulder)...GR on top (with a wettened eyeliner brush), lined across. simple but effective
A black shadow in crease, star violet by mac (or any mauve-y purple) below to add dimension to crease, prestige shadow from inner corner to middle... Blend so it melds with the purplish pinkish colour.
Dark brown all over lid, till crease, prestige GR in middle to add dimension, and a warm highlighter colour in inner corners.
Mac club in outer V, extended out slightly. Patina beneath crease, all over lid, GR in middle to inner corners.
Mac expensive pink all over lid beneath crease, prestige golden retreiver from middle to outer v, lots of black eyeliner (with liquid, winged out a bit, this will b soo cute).
U should just play around n not even listen to me. This goes well with soooo many looks!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you love gold eyeshadow, you may want this drugstore gem. . If Urban Decay Half Baked was too yellow and made you look sickly, you might want to try this. It is very similar to Urban Decay Half Baked but pulls less yellow and applies more smoothly too. I'm NC40-42 and it's gorgeous with a dark matte brown in my outer v. I have a ton of eyeshadows and this is definitely one of the prettiest on me. I'm impressed with how pigmented and smooth it is as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kgooden

This is a very pigmented eyeshadow. The color is gorgeous. However, I found that I can only use a tiny bit of it at a time because it clashes horribly against my fair skin. I think this is due to my cool/neutral undertones. Since this is a true gold/coppery shadow, it does not flatter my complexion. I still find ways to use it. I would use it more if I could. It's a great product and I really wish it would look right on me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bronwynfahr1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pigmentation; a pretty, shimmery gold. An extremely generous amount, more than worth the amount paid.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up and a couple other shadows because they were on a great sale. I am very disappointed. It took a lot of shadow to cover the lid, and I could NOT get the blasted stuff to blend. It even end up creasing a couple hours later and I've never had that with any of my other shadows. (I usually use mac) I understand that the quality will be different, but I am just shocked by really how terrible these were.