September 16, 2014 | 1988 users online

Skincare - Body - Mederma - Skin Care for Scars

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

I've gone through two tubes of this treatment in the span of two years. The first time around, it worked wonders. You must apply this religiously! It is not an overnight miracle worker so I had to be patient to see results. I added it to my nighttime regimena and I did see results. Behold, trial #2. I don't know if my skin became resistant to the product but it stopped working for me. It didn't make me break out but it also didn't do anything for me. This is quite an expensive purchase for a small tube so sad to say, I will have to move on and test out the other products in the market. Perhaps one day I will return to this but for now we will have to part our separate ways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin.
I have very dark (red/purple) acne scarring all along the hollows of my check and jaw line. I bought this 3 days ago and it hasn't caused flaking, itching, etc or anything out of the ordinary. I was actually told that my scars look like they are ALREADY lightening

I will update in a week or so!

EDIT: It's been about 4 weeks since I started using this and it really has made such a difference in my acne scarring. I never thought it would clear up but it definitely has. They used to be dark purple and are a red/pink color now. I'm hoping once i finish the tube my face will be close to the point where i will not need concealer when i go out. (:
also, they say that this will do miracles in 8 weeks but you only need a little bit and there is so much product you could probably use this for 6-8 months straight and still have some left over in that tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by sjessiii

I have been using this for years. It gives effect, slowly but sure. You must also apply it diligently. Well, i'm also lazy, so i only put it at night. If i had acne scar, i apply this after my moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by metisha

can i use mederma on dark circles ? some body told that it is very useful for dark circles also, dark circles can be totally remove with this cream............ please tell if this is true or someone tried this method for dark circles...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by victoriazhizhi

I used one tube 4 years ago to treat my acne scars. At that time, I liked the product a lot and it really worked.

I bought one several days ago to apply on my new acne scars, but this time I hate it! I got extremely itching. And it flaked, can't even tell if it is the gel or it is my skin......Then I washed it off, but the conditions just got worse. The itch didn't stop and It left redness and pimples on my face. All symptoms show i may be allergic to this product. I don't know if they adjusted the ingredients or what,i am painful this time! I am not buying this product again. The only way I can think of to use the rest of the product is to apply it on my feet, because sometimes women have to suffer from heels...... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Zoebella93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ok even though it's pretty expensive for a decent amount of lotion mederma is amazing it does wonders for my skin I'm 5'1 and I weigh 115 my weight is good for my body but I am very curvy meaning I got a butt and being a late bloomer I defenitley got a Lil more boobs than I excepted lol with the rapid growth I was starting to develope little red stretch marks on my boobs and hips:O but thankfully I acted ASAP and bought this withing a week I swear to u they were vanished gone where u ask umm does it really matter! Lol point is this stuff works! I even had some old ones on my booty and they began to fade and fade and now they are gone ! Worth my money !:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by livelaughlovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I have acne scars... My mom's co worker told her about this product because my mom told her about my scars (I know... Why is she putting my business out there!? Lol) Anyways, so we decided to buy it. It's a bit on the pricey side, I believe we paid 20ish dollars for this at Target. Maybe try amazon and see if it's cheaper, that's what I'm going to do when I need a refill. Yes it's pricey but it works... I am willing to pay for something that works. My first day I applied this to my acne scars I applied it at night and in the morning I woke up with a faded scar. I almost cried! (Just kidding) but my acne scars weren't old so maybe that's why it worked fast. As for old scars I do have a them on my legs. I had surgery a few years ago, maybe 5? And I do see a difference in those, but not as quickly as my acne scars. However the bottle does say it will take longer for older scars to fade. I trust this product! I also have stretch marks and I'm thinking of getting the one for stretch marks because of my success so far with this! I also have to mention I do not use this constantly, it tends to flake. Since I manly use it for acne, I can't have my skin all flacky! So I use it every other night at most. If I'm getting results only using it this much, imagine using it twice a day! Amazing! If you have scars try this out! Seriously many products don't work for me, but this one does and I'm so happy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by jeanspants

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not expect this to work, really, but bought a tube of scar gel on Amazon for $6 and gave it a shot. I see a difference in 5 days! THAT FAST. Literally. I apply it once at night on two problem areas:

1 - two long red/purple surgical scars on leg (from resetting broken bones); 8 months old
2 - patch of several deep clear but raised scratches on arm; 20 years old

The new scars on my leg show the most improvement. The lines are fading in patches (scar used to be reddish/purplish and uniform in color). Overall scar color is lighter and some patches are almost clear.

My arm shows less of a change, but I do think the scars are less prominent overall.

I did not expect much change with this product. And if it hadn't happened so quickly I don't know that I would have been so sure this is what did it. Anyway, I think it's worth a shot, no matter what the trials show. Perhaps this works differently based on skin type!?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by PrettyOne21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product did help fade my scars a lot (i was using it for 2-3 months), but it also made the area i was using it on turn gray..not cool (it's hard for dark skinned people to find a scar removal cream/gel that works without their skin turning a gray-ish color). So i had to stop using it, and reverse the damage it did. I started using JBC (Jamaican Black Castor oil) instead. $20 for small tube might seem like much, especially when you have multiple scars and you have to apply the gel 3-4 times a day. But mine lasted me 2 or 2 1/2 months (and i have multiple scars, but they are small). The gel got dry every time i put it on (leaving a white dry patch). The smell wasn't bad, but i had to force myself to not scratch the areas because it was so damn itchy and almost torturous! :/

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by amary18

Guys please do not waste your money on this product. Just use aloe to *help* clear scars.