Mederma - Skin Care for Scars

3.7

Gel: Water (Purified), PEG-4, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid. ---------------------- Cream: Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octocrylene (10%), Oxybenzone (6%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Ammonium Acryloyl-Dimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Fragrance, Squalane, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Ceramide 3, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 3/29/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hello everyone this is my first review on MUA. I met with a road accident recently and scrapped my chin and abdomen. The injuries were superficial nothing major but I tend to scar even if I get a small scratch. So I was really scared about them scarring too. The wound on my chin healed completely in about 2 weeks and I started using a silicone gel on it which my dermat had prescribed. I couldn't see any difference in redness and swelling whatsoever. I didn't use it on my abdomen wound though since it hadn't healed and was deeper. The healed skin on my chin was completely flat but discoloured. So I started using Mederma on it and the results were remarkable! The redness and swelling subsided in just 2 weeks! With consistent use it started showing affect on discoloration too. I'm using it since 6 weeks now and it has faded alot and I'm positive it'll fade completely by the 8th week. Fingers crossed. As for the scar on my abdomen it was a bit raised after healing. And it has become almost flat after using Mederma on it for 6 weeks! It has become less discolored too. I've used bio oil too on new scars before and it didn't do anything so I know what Mederma has done because the results are pretty obvious. Mederma surely works if used consistently even though it is a bit pricey. I'll post my results after I finish using it for 8 weeks. I'm sorry my review is so long but I just wanted to be descriptive for those who're interested in using it! Please give it a shot you won't be disappointed for sure.

Purchased Mederma after surgery on my wrist. I have used once a day for the past 3 months and I am very pleased. The scar is not even noticeable unless I point it out to people, which I have been doing frequently just to show how well the mederma has worked for me. I am very pleased with product and highly recommend it.

on 7/22/2014 2:07:00 AM

I've gone through two tubes of this treatment in the span of two years. The first time around, it worked wonders. You must apply this religiously! It is not an overnight miracle worker so I had to be patient to see results. I added it to my nighttime regimena and I did see results. Behold, trial #2. I don't know if my skin became resistant to the product but it stopped working for me. It didn't make me break out but it also didn't do anything for me. This is quite an expensive purchase for a small tube so sad to say, I will have to move on and test out the other products in the market. Perhaps one day I will return to this but for now we will have to part our separate ways.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin.
I have very dark (red/purple) acne scarring all along the hollows of my check and jaw line. I bought this 3 days ago and it hasn't caused flaking, itching, etc or anything out of the ordinary. I was actually told that my scars look like they are ALREADY lightening

I will update in a week or so!

EDIT: It's been about 4 weeks since I started using this and it really has made such a difference in my acne scarring. I never thought it would clear up but it definitely has. They used to be dark purple and are a red/pink color now. I'm hoping once i finish the tube my face will be close to the point where i will not need concealer when i go out. (:
also, they say that this will do miracles in 8 weeks but you only need a little bit and there is so much product you could probably use this for 6-8 months straight and still have some left over in that tube!

on 12/2/2013 3:43:00 AM

I have been using this for years. It gives effect, slowly but sure. You must also apply it diligently. Well, i'm also lazy, so i only put it at night. If i had acne scar, i apply this after my moisturizer.

on 11/16/2013 5:29:00 AM

can i use mederma on dark circles ? some body told that it is very useful for dark circles also, dark circles can be totally remove with this cream............ please tell if this is true or someone tried this method for dark circles...

I used one tube 4 years ago to treat my acne scars. At that time, I liked the product a lot and it really worked.

I bought one several days ago to apply on my new acne scars, but this time I hate it! I got extremely itching. And it flaked, can't even tell if it is the gel or it is my skin......Then I washed it off, but the conditions just got worse. The itch didn't stop and It left redness and pimples on my face. All symptoms show i may be allergic to this product. I don't know if they adjusted the ingredients or what,i am painful this time! I am not buying this product again. The only way I can think of to use the rest of the product is to apply it on my feet, because sometimes women have to suffer from heels...... :(

on 9/5/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok even though it's pretty expensive for a decent amount of lotion mederma is amazing it does wonders for my skin I'm 5'1 and I weigh 115 my weight is good for my body but I am very curvy meaning I got a butt and being a late bloomer I defenitley got a Lil more boobs than I excepted lol with the rapid growth I was starting to develope little red stretch marks on my boobs and hips:O but thankfully I acted ASAP and bought this withing a week I swear to u they were vanished gone where u ask umm does it really matter! Lol point is this stuff works! I even had some old ones on my booty and they began to fade and fade and now they are gone ! Worth my money !:)

Okay so I have acne scars... My mom's co worker told her about this product because my mom told her about my scars (I know... Why is she putting my business out there!? Lol) Anyways, so we decided to buy it. It's a bit on the pricey side, I believe we paid 20ish dollars for this at Target. Maybe try amazon and see if it's cheaper, that's what I'm going to do when I need a refill. Yes it's pricey but it works... I am willing to pay for something that works. My first day I applied this to my acne scars I applied it at night and in the morning I woke up with a faded scar. I almost cried! (Just kidding) but my acne scars weren't old so maybe that's why it worked fast. As for old scars I do have a them on my legs. I had surgery a few years ago, maybe 5? And I do see a difference in those, but not as quickly as my acne scars. However the bottle does say it will take longer for older scars to fade. I trust this product! I also have stretch marks and I'm thinking of getting the one for stretch marks because of my success so far with this! I also have to mention I do not use this constantly, it tends to flake. Since I manly use it for acne, I can't have my skin all flacky! So I use it every other night at most. If I'm getting results only using it this much, imagine using it twice a day! Amazing! If you have scars try this out! Seriously many products don't work for me, but this one does and I'm so happy.

on 7/11/2013 8:47:00 AM

I did not expect this to work, really, but bought a tube of scar gel on Amazon for $6 and gave it a shot. I see a difference in 5 days! THAT FAST. Literally. I apply it once at night on two problem areas:

1 - two long red/purple surgical scars on leg (from resetting broken bones); 8 months old
2 - patch of several deep clear but raised scratches on arm; 20 years old

The new scars on my leg show the most improvement. The lines are fading in patches (scar used to be reddish/purplish and uniform in color). Overall scar color is lighter and some patches are almost clear.

My arm shows less of a change, but I do think the scars are less prominent overall.

I did not expect much change with this product. And if it hadn't happened so quickly I don't know that I would have been so sure this is what did it. Anyway, I think it's worth a shot, no matter what the trials show. Perhaps this works differently based on skin type!?

Popular Body Skincare Products