September 1, 2014 | 1043 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Maui Babe AFTER Browning Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Applied religiously along with aloe since my sunburn first showed up. It's definitely moisturizing, but I still ended up peeling. I think if the sunburn is bad enough, there's just no stopping the peeling stage. The skin is dead and has to be sloughed off. I also am not a fan of the scent nor the price tag. I expected something nutty or tropical, but instead it smells 'granny'.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by TaylorHarpenau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I did a google search for after tanning lotions because I tan in tanning beds and I want something to replenish the things tanning takes out of my skin and I wanted something to extend my tan also but I didn't want to buy one at my salon for a ridiculous price. The Maui Babe After Browning Lotion had amazing reviews all 4 and 5 stars so I figured I'd give it a shot. The price isn't amazing but my Ulta has it $2 cheaper and I used a 20% off coupon so I got it for $9 something. A little goes a very long way. Its a little sticky at first but it doesn't last long luckily because I absolutely cannot stand lotions that feel sticky or heavy. After a few minutes it absorbs into the skin and leaves you feeling sooo soft. I can't stop rubbing my arm or leg after I use this because it really makes my skin so soft! I definitely recommend and will buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by JerseyCurlz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since last summer and I love it! Greatly compliments the Browning lotion... The scent doesnt linger too long and I never PEAL! I also use this in the winter to keep my skin from getting dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrogs454

LOVE THIS STUFF. My mom brought it home with her after her Hawaii trip, and this stuff has done wonders. Took away my burn, and redness all in a nights sleep. I will be VERY sad when I run out of this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best browning lotion ever. Last summer I used the outdoor browning lotion in tanning beds and holy crap it worked amazingly! Everywhere I went people were complimenting me on my tan. The one for outdoor tanning is $13.99

This summer they now sell one for indoor tanning for $28. I am going to get the one meant for indoor tanning. I stopped using the outdoor browning lotion at the tanning salons because it has light mineral oil in it, which is bad for the acrylic beds. I am so excited to get the one for indoor tanning because I have not been as tan since last summer when I used the browning lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

I can't believe there is hardly any reviews for this stuff! (i'v never tried the after lotion but i will def try it soon) I found Maui Babe browning lotion in Ulta last summer and bought it on whim! i just thought it looked cool! ( i love finding cult-status products that alot of people dont know about!) anyways it's awsome, i'm naturally fair and never tan on my own so when i use this i get a nice bronzey glow! i LOVE the smell, so yummy!, it's a littttttlee sticky at first but it doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by EmilyLynG

I LOVE EVERYTHING FROM MAUI BABE!!!!!!!!!!! The whole entire line is absolutely incredible! I can't believe there aren't more reviews on Maui Babe...although I know not too many people have heard of the line! It's straight from Hawaii & the browning lotion (indoor & outdoor), after browning lotion, & the spf lotion are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They smell great & give you long lasting color & moisturized skin! Definitely recommend to everyone (whether you're laying out by the pool in your backyard or at the beach)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRY IT!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though I use sunblock religiously, I'm very fair and tend to burn easily. On a recent trip to Kauai, Hawaii, I re-discovered Maui Babe After Browning Lotion after a marathon snorkeling session and subsequent sunburn (ouch!).

In my (somewhat long) relationship with sunburns, I've found that pure aloe (straight from the leaf--not that Banana Boat green goop) works best at soothing the pain and moisturizing, but Maui Babe does just about as good of a job without staining my skin or clothes and a MUCH more pleasant scent. My sun and wind burned skin soaked this right up and it did help heal the burn faster and reduce peeling.

It's lightweight and feels really good after it's applied; just be sure to rub it in completely. The scent is more of a fresh scent--it's hard to describe, but it's not unpleasant. I can't say that it's extended my tan, but I like it a lot as an after-sun lotion to add moisture and help the healing process.

I've seen this at ULTA and in Hawaii for about $11-$13, which isn't bad for an 8 oz. bottle. From now on I'll probably keep a bottle in my beach bag.