Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser

3.0

Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch Modified, Zinc PCA, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Benzophenone-4, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

on 2/21/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Cheap, readily avaliable and does the job. I slap a fair amount on and let it sink in overnight for nice soft skin in the morning. Nice consistency and light frangrence. It's probably not the best moisturiser out there but I always seem to go back to this reliable little product.

on 1/23/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Clogged pores. Everywhere. I've been using this for now 3 months at the same time i took out my birth control implant so this whole time i just thought that the clogged pores was because my implant was out and my skin was back to being oily. nope.

To be fair it has amazing packaging, no fragrance, excellent for sensitive skin, price is fab but the matifying effect was just... meh -nothing to write home about, and very pore clogging. I say that because i had clogged pores EVERYWHERE on my face.

I didn't realise it was pore clogging until i went to my facialist in Singapore who did this intensive deep clearing + extraction + IPL + diamond peel overhaul on my skin that was looking like absolute shite (pimples, scaring, rough as hell texture, blotchy -you name it i had it) and 5 days post-facial and using her Germaine de Capuccini moisturiser which wasn't much more than a standard hydration gel cream my skin was flawless... like airbrushed -even tone, no pores nothing.. i didn't even wear make up. but i couldn't handily the strong fragrance of the cream so i switched back to simple clear skin moisturiser because i figured -well i've been using it for ages. can't be this thats clogging my pores. must be my oily skin + makeup that's doing that (even though i double cleanse morning and night)

the morning after using simple moisturiser my face was back to its clogged state. seriously it was such a wake up call. i was stubborn though and used it 4 times (twice a day/2 days) because i was in denial cause it was such a cheap moisturiser i wanted it to work so bad! but after i stopped and switched to a different moisturiser - Clarins Hydroquench for normal to combination skin - and double cleansed twice in a row with a cleanser and a wee bit of salicylic acid for two days in a row my skin was back to it's post-facial glory.

so those of you with oily or very oily skin that's prone to breakouts if you use the wrong ingredients like me - give this a miss. i really wanted it to work for the 4 price tag but in the end it cost me so much more because of the facial it took to sort my pores and skin out.

on 10/12/2014 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice moisturiser. I don't have very oily skin, just an oily t-zone, and it has helped balance some of my oils. Not completely, but has definitely helped. It's also a good moisturiser on my cheeks, which are normal. My skin always feels nice and soft after this product, I would definitely consider repurchasing, as it's one of the only good budget moisturisers for oilier skin. As it's from Simple, it's uncoloured and has no scent, and it didn't break me out. Packaging is OK, I wish they'd but it in the same packaging as their hydrating light moisturiser, but nevermind. Overall, a really good moisturiser!

on 6/6/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Simple is a good company, what i like about their products is that none of them basically have any smell. My skin is very sensitive to perfumes added in cosmetics. This moisturiser is all right. Sometimes i need to add something extra to moisturise my skin properly. It does not regulate oil production, but up to couple of hours after application,skin is not that oily as it normally was. I wouldnt use it if my skin was dry. The only downside of this product is the quantity. U get very little, but then again all simple products are finishing fast. I really love simple oil balancing scrub... What a pity it doesnt last for long.

on 3/20/2014 8:52:00 AM

This moisturizer is okay. It has a little less product in it and it only lasted me for a while. I believe the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer has more product in it.

Anyway, this moisturizer worked a little. I have combination skin. I still get oily around my nose but its less compared to the moisturizer I mentioned earlier. The rest of my T-zone didn't get oily, or only a little if it did. Its pretty good at reducing the oil.

When this moisturizer is absorbed into my skin, I touched my face and it feels like it doesn't have moisturizer on it at all (Don't know if that's a good or bad thing). So overall, this moisturizer has less product than usual, good at reducing oil, doesn't feel like you have moisturizer on at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have recently started using this product in hopes of finding a good moisturiser that decreased oil production. It doesn't smell like anything and is fairly light on the skin. However, after a few hours of using it I am still a little shiny and oily but not as much as my previous moisturisers have made me. I have also started breaking out a little, mainly on my forehead, since using this product but I've also been using a new cleanser so the moisturiser may not be the product to blame for that. Overall, it does help with controlling oil production but only to an extent. Usually by the end of the day I still have a very oily fringe and I have to use at least 2 oil blotting sheets which is a little bit better than I had to previously as I needed 3 sheets before.

on 1/18/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really dislike this moisturizer with a passion. I thought I would give it a try since at the time I was trying another Simple product and it did not met my expectations. It claims to balance your oil, COMPLETE LIES! At first it did, but then within an hour my face was already turning oily. It did moisturize my skin I guess, so I'll give it that, but overall my face was one shiny mess at the end of the day. I even tried applying less to see if that did the tick and nope still oily. I even tried patting it on my face and nope, OILY! Don't waste your money on this.

on 1/4/2014 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have super oily skin, my entire face would produce enough oil to deep fry chips!
I had rarely used a facial moisturiser in fear that it would produce more oil, give me breakouts or even just irritate my skin. On a random whim at Priceline I decided to give this product a shot. Since I started using it my face is sooo lovely and soft! No irritation at all, absorbs as soon as it hits your skin, you only need a tiny amount to cover your whole face so for the price its a bargain! Combined with other products my oily skin has reduced (minus my T-zone after a couple of hours, I'm not sure there's a miracle cure for that!)
I will keep buying this product because with the price, oil reduction and silky softness you really can't go wrong.
It also doesn't cause breakouts! My skin is prone to whiteheads, blackheads, regular acne and cyctic acne.

i do use simple's deep cleansing facial wash and toner. but i would not recommend using this moisturiser.

it does feel dry to the touch when i tested on my hand before buying. but it does make my skin feel suffocated and did cause a little bit of clogged pores. my skin also looks dull, and not hydrated from usage.

it may have suited those with dry skin, but not if you have combi skin and live in hot tropical area.

on 9/5/2013 7:08:00 PM

This product has very mixed reviews however I simple LOVE this product. For me, it does exactly what it says it does - balances the oil in my skin. I am unfortunate to suffer from oily skin so this works wonders, I use it every day after cleansing and toning and keeps any oil at bay. I think for the quantity that the bottle contains it is a little pricey but used in small quantities, it lasts a while.