China Glaze Wagon Trail

4.6

on 5/30/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wished this color worked for my pale cool skin tone. Looks amazing in the bottle. However on me it dries black with hints of olive gold shimmer. Sigh...

Update: I found that Julep's Candace is much better than CG wagon trail. I found my perfect chocolate-black shimmer.

on 12/30/2013 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I keep seeing people say this is olive green, and I am just not seeing that (I do see it in some photos/swatches, but I do not see it in person). What I do see is a rich, dark brown with deep gold shimmer and a golden surface iridescence. My skin is pale and cool-toned, and olive green is one of the worst possible colours for me, but this works very well with my skin. So, while I don't doubt people see what they interpret as olive green, I just don't see it, no matter what lighting situation I'm in. I see brown, and I see antique gold.

Application is very nice with this. Polish is neither too thick nor too thin, and I almost had it in one coat, but due to a few thin spots, I went ahead and did two, expecting that it would make the polish into one of those "may as well be black except for specific kinds of lighting" types. To my surprise, the antique gold shimmer in this is visible in most lighting situations, even ones where dark polish would normally look black on me (indirect, warm light, for example).

I've long been a lover of brown nail polish because it generally looks nice on me and is a little less harsh than black (though I wear that, too, heh). This is one of the best brown polishes I've ever worn. It's sophisticated, it's dark but not too dark, and it's got a gorgeous inner glow kind of effect. China Glaze is one of my favourite brands, and when I wear a polish like this, I am reminded of exactly why that is.

on 10/23/2012 12:24:00 PM

I adore this nail polish. Absolutely gorgeous. The secret twist uncoveres when different lights hit it. Amazing. I was outside in the heavy rain today, and suddenly I was captured by the insane green glow coming from this NP. Inside the house it looked almost like an ordinary black polish, but outside it went just WOW! I cannot imagine how this will look in direct sunlight, but time will tell. And I`m looking forward to it. I only wish the brush was better, but this goes for all the nailpolishes from China Glaze.

on 2/3/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous in the bottle, but doesn't show up very well on my nails, it looks black instead of the olive green with gold shimmers. Put a matte coat on top, didn't really help

on 8/26/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This colour is in my Top 5 of favourite polishes. There isn't anything I don't like about it. It's a deep olive with gold shimmer and reminds me of MAC's Buried Treasure liner. Application is smooth and easy and wear is good. Love, love, love it!

on 7/21/2011 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

ver dark green. love it though it isn't something special

on 11/24/2010 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love it!, i have just 2 China Glaze nail polishes and are so much better than OPI to me. This beautiful color is almost black (very dark green olive), very shinny, dries quickly, i hope is long lasting too cos i'm busy mom and i hate to wear latex gloves:)

on 11/14/2010 10:21:00 AM

I wear a lot of black, brown, and dark colors, but this is one of my all time favorites. It's a very multi-dimensional color that changes whether you're indoors or out. If you're tired of plain black or the browns, Wagon Trail is one to try. It's a deep olive brown/black with shimmering highlights - extremely interesting. Application and wear is decent, but it's the color that can't be beat for any price.

on 10/17/2010 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Dark shimmery olive. So gorgeous.

This color is wonderful! It does look black most of the time but it's not too harsh. But, the color, when it can be seen, is lovely. Dark olive with gold flecks. I would say that if you want a deep color that is black-like but don't like black for whatever reason, this would be a great substitute.

Popular Polishes