December 18, 2014 | 1112 users online

Shampoo - Aquage - Sea Extend Volumizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost love this. It's not perfect and has some serious drawbacks: It's expensive -- at my local salon, it's $30 for a 10 oz bottle. It's got a runny, watery texture -- feels like you need to use a lot. Finally, my hair feels rather dry afterward. On the other hand, my fine, highlighted hair really does have more volume and is less frizzy after I use it. Darn! Probably I'll repurchase, unless I find something that works as well but is less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by miamigal

Possibly the worst shampoo I have ever used in my life. Left my hair dry, yet coated at the same time, and stringy. I bought it online due to the great reviews on here and it went straight in the trash. I will stick with Enjoy shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by srhodes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have baby-fine, thin, highlighted hair that is just past my shoulders. Over the years, I've tried many different champoos and conditioners, from drugstore brands to high-end salon brands, in a quest to find one that's safe for color-treated hair, will help precent breakage without weighing it down. and give me a little body. Volumnizing formulas usualy leave my hair dry and dull. Damage-control formulas are usually too heavy. After some research and a discussion with my stylist, I decided to try the Seaextend line. I've been using the volumnizing shampoo with the strengthening conditioner and I'm getting great results. The texture of the shampoo is really runny, so be careful when you pour it out. I found it to lather easily without using too much product. I can really tell a difference in the look and feel of my hair. It feels thcker and stronger and it's shiny and manageable. Occasionally, I switch it out with my Fekkai products if I feel like I need something a little different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

As a newbie to this product, I am still in the testing stage but still can inform the Board my thoughts on this product. My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. It is chin length bob, and is color-treated. With that being said, I researched the product, and discovered it was sulfate free and very kind to color-treated hair!

Pros:
~ You can tell it is volumizing, because the feel of the shaft of hair feels plumped as you rinse it
~ It eliminates frizzies, and looks and feels moisturized
~ Blow-drying hair makes it feel a lot more bouncy and thick

Cons:
~ It doesn't lather too well, but sulfate-free have this characteristic of which I have to become accustomed
~ It is so moisturized that sometimes you feel a bit a residue on the hair
~ It is my opinion that it would be best to change off the product with other Aquage shampoos
~ A bit expensive, with 10 oz costing $22

I feel it's beneficial to my hair and will continue to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by CotiOdie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this shampoo. Unfortunately that didn't happen! I have been using it for about 2 weeks and I hate it. I have used a sulfate free shampoo in the past so I'm not new to this type of product. I have fine, color-treated hair that is a couple of inches below my shoulders. I have to use SO MUCH of this shampoo to clean my hair it's insane. The 10 oz. bottle will probably last a month at the most. I find it hard to distribute in my hair and when I get out of the shower I often find spots that still feel oily. I also pair this with the conditioner and I can't stand how my hair is now. It is sooo limp and not at all moisturized. Yuck! As for the smell, it smells like an old bar of dial soap... Not pleasant at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by kellyessman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been experimenting with a ton of the sulfate free all the other stuff free and low poo for the last six months. I have fine, colored hair with very little body. I had been using Kerastase.

Pros - lathers well for sulfate free, some body, hair not weighed down on the ends

Cons - hair flat and somehow shampoo drying. dont know what is causing it.

Caveat - I only used it once and paired it with the Acquage volumizing conditioner. It is not horrible and may work well on someone with hair in better condition. So far I like Living Nature Nourishing and Intelligent Organics better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by justavietgyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really does volumize. Like another reviewer said, it doesnt lather and I did feel like I had to use a lot of it to get my hair somewhat clean. I felt like it left a lot of residue. Would not recommend for the most part but maybe to someone with very thin hair

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My boyfriend was always raving about the Aquage line but always said it's way to expensive..lucky me, my mother had this shampoo and didnt like it, so she gave it to me... Hands down, the best shampoo I've ever used in my life. It volumizes without the sticky heavy feeling...no frizzies, just smooth full hair, easy to style and not DRIED out hair like conventional shampoos always seem to cause. It doesnt lather like sulfate shampoos but still gets my hair very clean and feeling fresh. I feel like my fine dry hair is now a full head of healthy hair, I won't be without this. This is HG material for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cwhit

I have used every volumizing shampoo under the sun to give my fine hair some lift. Pureology used to work for me but for some reason just doesn't do it for me anymore (I heard Loreal bought them out and changed the ingredients). So when I read about Aquage on this forum, I was a little skeptical. This shampoo has even better results than the old Pureology! Volume, manageability, overall hair health, etc. I follow this shampoo up with Rusk Hair Sensations leave-in conditioner (ends only). It's the perfect combination for my limp, fine, dark blonde hair. My only complaint is that I feel like this shampoo dulls my highlights. To work through this issue I wash once a week with an organic biotin shampoo. Other than that...love it! Best shampoo ever. Hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by natalieincali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

HANDS DOWN THE BEST SHAMPOO I'VE EVER USED! My baby fine hair LOVES this stuff! Bouncy, shiny, voluminous, smells great, I just can't say enough about this!

As far as it not lathering... Lather comes from sulfates which are TERRIBLE for your hair! The only reason you think it's not working because it's not lathering is because that's what you've been taught, it's gotta make bubbles to get clean - NOT TRUE! Now I have tried some sulfate free shampoos in the past (Enjoy, Pureology, Kenra) and HATED all of them, but this stuff is AMAZING!

My hair has never looked better and I have tried every shampoo under the sun, from just about every brand out there! I am SO happy to finally have found the best shampoo for my hair.