April 24, 2014 | 2037 users online

Powder - Boots - No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

UPDATE - Boots have bought out new packaging and it's now 20gms.
I have two old tubs from this product. 1 says 45gms, the other says 30gms and now if you go into the shops it's 24gms. Just how low are you going to go Boots. I think the 45gms tub is about 10-15 years old (I've been using it to hold something else). Based on that and a recollection of the price gram for gram the price has increased by over 488% over the last 10 years or so. Within the last year it's been a 20% increase because pack size has reduced but price hasn't.

The product colour range is limited to 4 colours. It's mainly talc, also has silicones, mineral oil and mica. It's very finely milled and offers reasonable coverage, not really sheer but not heavy. There's absolutely no oil control if anything for me it draws out the oilies slightly, 3 hrs later I might as well have not put it on whereas other powders manage better. I would imagine it's good for touchups but the packaging is awful. You have a lid and a screw top, fiddly and it gets everywhere if you take off the plastic cover with holes, gets in the lid screw on area then leaks out.

It's ok, but it's expensive for what it is bascially talc and silicones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great powder for the price, as I was happy to find out during a lean month when I ran out of my HG LM loose powder.

The sponge kinda sucks but works in a pinch, and the container is pretty cool.

My only complaint is that is it pretty finely milled (the LM is more grainy) and it seems I have to use more powder to mattify. But at this price who is complaining...

No color change (I have the translucent shade) or oxidization on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by awc1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im surprised by the bad reviews. This powder is great at doing its job. It makes my foundation set perfectly and helps control shine. It doesnt cake or accenuate pores and has a very silky feel. The packaging is fantastic for controlling the product and I never have any problem with it. I only need to apply a little bit as obviously with any powder to much and it will cake. Discard the sponge you get with it though. Sponges are better if you want fuller coverage from powder but it will look cakey. Use a decent powder brush and brush it on lightly to set the foundation and give an even and silky finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I like the packaging. this powder is ok too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by vietbeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Will make your perfect foundation look cakey, chalky every single time. No matter how little you use or how you apply it. Worst loose powder EVER.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel like I start a lot of reviews this way: I bought this because Paula Begoun recommended it, but I am unimpressed. The powder itself is fine, but the packaging is horrible, at least if you want to use a brush. The well that holds the powder is pretty shallow, so powder gets all over everything -- particularly when you have a new package that's dispensing lots of powder. I would much prefer a standard container with deeper walls to contain the product. If they changed the packaging I would consider buying this again, but otherwise, no.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by wandaanabella

this product is TERRIBLE! At first I tried the mousse foundation and
it's horrible. It's waaaay too cakey and it turns my face disgustingly
orange. after that experience I was really skeptical about that foundation
but I decided to give another try with the loose powder.
Unfortunately it was even worse. It still turned my face orange
and it was more cakey than before.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

This is an OK product, if I use the press and roll method with the puff and then brush off any excess powder or buff it in the it does not settle into fine lines, wrinkles or pores and it sets any of my liquid or mousse foundations well. If I apply it straight with a brush or use too much then it really sits on the fine hairs on my face and looks cakey and horrible. It is great for shine and oil control, without giving too matte a finish on the face and it minimises transfer.
I have the translucent, despite my pale skin this does make my skin look chalky by the end of an evening, not in a texture way, I just look like a corpse!!! This is hugely frustrating as it looks so good after I first put it on and my make-up stays put whilst wearing it.

I really do not like the packaging, it is large with a lid and then a seperate twist off lid that holds the puff to reveal the sifter part - so you really need at least 4 hands and 5 if you want to use a brush!!! There's no point in taking this out as it's totally impracticle so you will also need a pressed powder for your purse.
I will not repurchase, but I'll continue to use it until I find something better.
It did not irritate my breakout prone oily T zone or my dry cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use both the Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Loose Powder in the oval container as well as the portable version with its built-in brush, both in Translucent. It's a light, finely milled powder that sets my makeup perfectly. It leaves a smooth, slightly luminous finish on my skin rather than the completely matte, overly-powdery finish of other powders. A little goes a long way and I have not experienced any allergic reactions so far (I've been using the powders for about a month now). The oval container has a built in sifter with a separate cover that is really handy for minimizing the mess that can ensue with loose powder containers. The travel/portable version has a built in brush which is soft enough for its purpose and is really handy for carrying the loose powder in your handbag. I personally like the finish and prefer it to the pressed powder versions of the Boots No. 7 and other pressed powders because it doesn't cake or settle into fine lines so long as you don't overdo the powdering. For the price, the quality is outstanding.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

as finally i found the poerfect match for my foundation, i use it as a setting powder, and it is doing its task.. the package is excellent however the quality of the brush left some doubts.. good setting brush for travelling..
Update: irritates my skin, since i stopped using it my face is normal again....never again