Boots No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

3.3

Talc, Mica, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil), Phenyl trimethicone, Dimethicone, Methicone, Tocopheryl acetate [ /-(May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides) CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

on 5/28/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I've tried so many powders, Chanel - too expensive, chalky, Physicians Formula - glittery and no coverage, and nothing is as great as this powder. Softens wrinkles so much that people are making comments about how I haven't aged! Will buy again!

on 4/2/2015 10:59:00 AM

I am not a huge wearer of foundation. I like to have a powder to go over my Clinique city block, and I can't stand anything too heavy. I also have rather fair skin. I love this powder. It was £10, its luminous and its really lovely on. I only didn't give it 5 overall because the coverage isn't as good as some other powders I've used, but to be honest I didn't expect too much from a powder. I got the fair shade and it is perfect on my skin!

on 5/24/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this powder for a number of years now and it is what I always end up going back to. I don't know why I bother wasting my time looking for something different. You cannot fault this powder in my opinion. It does the job of setting your foundation and keeping you matte without being cakey (even with my super oily skin) and it feels so light on the skin. I get it in translucent as I have always been told by makeup artists to always use a translucent powder over foundation. I am a medium skin tone and have no issues with this giving me a white cast. This is definitely my HG go to powder.

on 5/22/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't know what's the deal with all these uber negative reviews. I bought this in transluscent when my Laura Mercier loose powder ran out & I didn't feel like going to a mall in Houston's shitstorm of traffic to buy some more. Also, when I thought about it, I didn't think there was anything notably spectacular to warrant the LM's steep price tag, so I thought I'd try something in a consumer products line. Enter Boots loose powder. I use my Laura Mercier puff to roll & pat it in, & then sweep my buffing brush over to ensure there's no extra fall out, and it looks splendid.

Granted, I have very fair skin & perhaps I could imagine someone with a darker complexion getting some chalkiness from it, but for my purposes, I don't think I'll be repurchasing the $35 Laura Mercier loose powder that I'd used for about 8 years prior.

on 7/16/2012 4:11:00 PM

UPDATE - Boots have bought out new packaging and it's now 20gms.
I have two old tubs from this product. 1 says 45gms, the other says 30gms and now if you go into the shops it's 24gms. Just how low are you going to go Boots. I think the 45gms tub is about 10-15 years old (I've been using it to hold something else). Based on that and a recollection of the price gram for gram the price has increased by over 488% over the last 10 years or so. Within the last year it's been a 20% increase because pack size has reduced but price hasn't.

The product colour range is limited to 4 colours. It's mainly talc, also has silicones, mineral oil and mica. It's very finely milled and offers reasonable coverage, not really sheer but not heavy. There's absolutely no oil control if anything for me it draws out the oilies slightly, 3 hrs later I might as well have not put it on whereas other powders manage better. I would imagine it's good for touchups but the packaging is awful. You have a lid and a screw top, fiddly and it gets everywhere if you take off the plastic cover with holes, gets in the lid screw on area then leaks out.

It's ok, but it's expensive for what it is bascially talc and silicones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Great powder for the price, as I was happy to find out during a lean month when I ran out of my HG LM loose powder.

The sponge kinda sucks but works in a pinch, and the container is pretty cool.

My only complaint is that is it pretty finely milled (the LM is more grainy) and it seems I have to use more powder to mattify. But at this price who is complaining...

No color change (I have the translucent shade) or oxidization on my face.

on 11/1/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im surprised by the bad reviews. This powder is great at doing its job. It makes my foundation set perfectly and helps control shine. It doesnt cake or accenuate pores and has a very silky feel. The packaging is fantastic for controlling the product and I never have any problem with it. I only need to apply a little bit as obviously with any powder to much and it will cake. Discard the sponge you get with it though. Sponges are better if you want fuller coverage from powder but it will look cakey. Use a decent powder brush and brush it on lightly to set the foundation and give an even and silky finish.

on 4/14/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the packaging. this powder is ok too.

on 10/25/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Will make your perfect foundation look cakey, chalky every single time. No matter how little you use or how you apply it. Worst loose powder EVER.

on 1/15/2010 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I feel like I start a lot of reviews this way: I bought this because Paula Begoun recommended it, but I am unimpressed. The powder itself is fine, but the packaging is horrible, at least if you want to use a brush. The well that holds the powder is pretty shallow, so powder gets all over everything -- particularly when you have a new package that's dispensing lots of powder. I would much prefer a standard container with deeper walls to contain the product. If they changed the packaging I would consider buying this again, but otherwise, no.